Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 2: Scene 5 - Page 10
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 146 of 146

Thread: Part 1: Act 2: Scene 5

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ghost, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
    As you clamber down from the great piles of bones beneath the garbage chutes, Olo, Sher' Reek, Yorick and Sauel are waiting.

    Olo: "That was quick!" He says admiringly. "Amazing, I almost didn't think you would pull it off Ghost!"

    Ghost in the Darkness: "That obstinate and impatient little Kobold nearly ruined the whole thing! Yet, when the moment came to confront the Vulkyrie, he did so bravely, and put his powers to good use. We have him to thank for getting us out so quickly. He lives yes?" He asks Xiaolong.

    Sher' Reek:
    Glares at Ghost and quickly moves over to Xiaolong's side. "Put him down!" She hisses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    Sauel taps Sher' Reek's shoulder getting her attention and offering the bottle. "Heeaal Potion. Giiiveee to Crrreeedd and thenn weeee leeeave!"

    Sher' Reek: Snatches the offered potion and takes a couple steps away from the fearsome werewolf. "Keep back!" She hisses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    "If you heal do the quick, we must now go..."

    He then looks at Olo. "Friend, you the way back with hole?" Xiaolong politely asked about his magical portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    -Speaking Katanese-"Baka!" She exclaims."He will not put him down!" She says in an angry tone to Sher'Reek. "We do not have time to care for him right this moment! We must get out of here first, the Vulkyrie are swarming up there! We can heal him once we are safe." She shouts urgently to the others. -Speaking Katanese- "Gomen'nasai, jikan ga arimasen!" She yells at Olo in her frustration. She rushes up to him getting ready to take the portal from him, and set it up herself if he doesn't do it fast enough. "We must go now!"

    (Purple lettering was spoken in common. Translation for Katanese: Baka! = Idiot!, Gomen'nasai, jikan ga arimasen! = I'm sorry, there is no time for this!)
    Sher' Reek: Glares at Emiko.

    Olo: Seems a bit taken-aback by Emiko's outburst. "Whoa, calm down! I'm getting it..." He says pulling his portable portal from his garments and laying it upon the ground. Instantly the familiar hole through dimension appears, with the still-dark cellar on the other side. Rabi appears to catch your scent and barks, poking his head out over the portal.

    Ghost sits Palenrian down beside the portal, still conscious, but once again groaning in serious pain from the teleportation gone awry.

    Arminas kneels down beside Palenrian, the two off-worlders reunited again at last.

    Palenrian: "Ar...Arminas? Is it truly you?"

    Arminas: {Places a comforting hand on his shoulder} "It is friend. We should never have separated. I should have known you would end up in a place like this without me to watch your back."

    Palenrian: "I keep trying to die a martyrs death, yet fate has a habit of keeping me alive, if only to keep torturing me..." He says with a wry bit of dark humor, spitting up blood as he chuckles.

    Ghost in the Darkness: "Are all the men from your world as tough as you?.

    Palenrian:
    "Not all, but most are likely to have better luck!"

    Ghost in the Darkness: "My job here is done then. I will be going now. I suggest you do the same." He says plainly.

    Arminas: Looks up to the vampire appreciatively. "We are in your debt."

    Palenrian: Also looks up to Ghost with gratitude. "Thank you."

    Ghost in the Darkness: Nods with acknowledgement. "We may fight again together. There's a lot left to do to overthrow the Vul."

    [Everyone: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 04-29-2014 at 10:03 PM.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    "Taake Caarre" Sauel replied to Ghost; Sauel tried not to sound nearly as disgruntled as the way it came out as a hybrid. He also had the impression this wouldn't be the only time he worked with this vampire, although next time could be more indirect. Although Ghost was undead, Sauel wouldn't hold that minor detail against him, since ghost had been honorable and helpful the entire time.

    Sauel having given up the potion could do little else than wait for when they would go through the portal. He didn't want to delay, but he certainly also didn't want to be the first through, rather he would probably be one of the last ones going through unless Olo thought otherwise.

    The bark from Rabi caught Sauel's attention and reaching forward he touched the wolf's head. ~Stay There, be quiet~ he gave a mental command which Rabi would better understand than his hybrid's voice, plus be far faster. Already he felt more physically weary knowing they were almost done. Still, just in case with the Vul being so close he pulls out the dust of dispersion. If the Vul ventured close enough quickly enough, it might just tip the tables long enough to get away.

    [ 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds removed ]

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Burrai, Elloral

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 1>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (21) Hound 1
    (21) Hound 3
    (20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
    (18) Elloral (-7)
    (14) Hound 2
    (06) Hound 4
    (04) Burrai

    [Hounds 1 & 3 Initiative are effectively a 20 this first round, as they waited for the Hobgoblins command to attack]
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Last edited by Narayan; 05-02-2014 at 02:40 AM.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon Broadbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Zemile View Post
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon is not especially proficient at shoving his way through a crowd, so it is not a quick process, but he is naturally adept at not getting shoved around himself, so he rarely makes any retrograde progress, and thus maintains steady, if slow, forward progress. By the time Kromedon reaches the large man at the top of the stairs, he has most likely already heard the large man make the same claim of double cost to other would be patrons. He has a gold coin in hand, which he holds up for the man to take. "A gold coin for a window seat with a view of the gates." presumably the coin is gone regardless of the man's intention of fulfilling the request. "I'll buy a sealed flask of spirits at your double rate if you can make it a seat with a little elbow room." Kromedon will take whatever space he gets, the offer may or may not be good enough for a reasonable location, but he isn't going to complain either way.

    The ugly brute of a Neferese takes the offered gold coin with fat fingers and holds it up to his teeth to test its authenticity... a rather rude and unnecessary gesture, for Dwarves generally love gold too much try and pass off fake coins...

    Satisfied, he half-turns and barks a command in Neferese to one of the serving girls who rushes to his side. The bouncer apparently informs her of your wishes, and jerks his head for you to follow her inside.
    It seems rare for a dwarf to enter this place, as you get quite a few curious stares and some outright snickers.

    The Filthy Monkey is not nearly as well kept up as the Beard and Brew. Spills and stains can be seen on both the floors and the tables as most of the serving girls are too distracted swatting away mens grasping hands to do much cleaning. You get the impression that these scantily-clad serving girls can be made to do more then serve you drinks, for a price...

    The common room currently seats about sixty, with seats enough for thrice that number during busier times of the day. Probably at least a third of these patrons are drunks who sat here all night. Mostly seedier Akhenatens who have less care for the principles of Ishvar, and at least a dozen Neferese patrons who strut about the place like princes in their own palace. Nearly all the staff are Neferese, but you'd guess most of these serving girls are actually full-blooded Caishians. Likely mistreated, uneducated, and obviously kept poor by the looks of them.

    The girl leads you to your table by a window with a view of the gates, grabbing away some dirtied plates for you before asking in very rough common. "Bring you bottle of Baiju, cost 6 silver, you like? Want anything else?"

    [What do you do?]



  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon takes a seat against the window, better to have to crane one's neck to look out, than to have one's back to this room. While he is no stranger to taverns, and has likely been in seedy places like this before, he tries to avoid it, and knows better than to risk any of these overused, under cleaned women. "Make sure the bottle is still sealed, I'll open it myself. Take your time, I have a feeling I may be here for a while." He then devotes one eye to the brewing troubles outside, and the other one to the possibility of shenanigans inside.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    "ATTACK!"
    The Hobgoblin's rasping command rings through the night, bringing with it a fresh peal of howls from the beasts. Burrai scans around, taking stock of the dangers, building a plan of the battle in his mind. Bringing up his shield he realizes at once he'll never get himself in advantageous position before the dogs, ready to spring, fall on him.

    "Elloral!" He cries. "Cover me!"

    Burrai hunkers down, making himself a small target behind the thick steel of his shield

    ~They may have the advantage now, but Burrai Steelborn is no easy meat!~

    [Activate combat expertise - ATT: -4, AC +4]

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master View Post


    Ghost in the Darkness: "My job here is done then. I will be going now. I suggest you do the same." He says plainly.

    Arminas: Looks up to the vampire appreciatively. "We are in your debt."

    Palenrian: Also looks up to Ghost with gratitude. "Thank you."

    Ghost in the Darkness: Nods with acknowledgement. "We may fight again together. There's a lot left to do to overthrow the Vul."

    [Everyone: What do you do?]
    {Emiko glares right back at Sher'Reek, warning her with her blood red eyes. Emiko becomes more calm once she sees Olo open the portal. She hears Ghost speak of leaving and a look of sadness comes upon her face as she stares at him.}

    "Will I... I mean... Will we see you again soon? I would still like to..." She speaks in a somber tone to Ghost before being interrupted by Kitsune.

    {Kitsune chitters in happiness when she sees Emiko through the portal, and Emiko turns to acknowledge Kit for a moment before returning her attention back to Ghost.}

    ~Not now... I told you everything would be fine Kit. Just relax...~

    Emiko gives a frustrated sigh to Ghost. "It doesn't matter..." She trails off quietly. -Speaking Katanese- "Dai suki dayo..."

    {Emiko sadly turns back to the portal and readies herself to go through it with the others.}

    (Translation: Dai suki dayo = I really like you. )

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong shoulders Cred as farewells are said from ghost, Xiaolong turned facing him and replied back.

    "I no like you the kind... that be said, you good man, honor work you with. Should need the beggar ear, beckon old man Xiaolong."

    Xiaolong then tuned to the portal which came alive with the sound of chattering animals and walked through, [balance check going through orientations of portals = 31 natural 20 roll] Xiaolong seamlessly transitions with a small efficient hop onto the flat ground of the cellar, the body of Cael quietly resting wrapped in cloth. Xiaolong looked at the outlined shadow of the dead and lets out a remorseful sigh.

    Placing Cred in a seated position on the ground he attends to the Kobold making sure he would rouse into consciousness.

    "Little healer okay you?"
    he speaks calmly to him "anything need? I get for you"

    Xiaolong then turned to the rest of the party as they entered through,

    "we need help the people who hurting" he scans Palenreian and Olo the best he can in this darkness.

    ~Where is my pipe? my throat is dry and itching for tobacco and alcohol~


    Xiaolongs headache proceeds to grow worse.
    Last edited by Shun001; 05-01-2014 at 08:46 PM.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Burrai, Elloral

    Fiendish Hound 1: (Bite Attack: = 18, Miss)

    Fiendish Hound 3: (Charge + Bite Attack: = 10, Miss)

    The closest Hound circles and snaps at you but seems to have trouble finding a weak spot in your armor. The other closest hound circles but waits (not it's turn in initiative yet) and then a third hound charges you and snaps its jaws at you during a flying leap but misses badly.

    Hobgoblin: (Fires Compound Longbow/ Precise Shot: = 20, Miss)

    You feel and hear a loud TANG! As a heavy sheaf arrow fired from the Hobgoblins Compound Longbow deflects off your steel plate!

    Elloral: Looks through the shattered shutters to assess the fighting and spots the bow-wielding Hobgoblin and decides to target him with a Searing Light spell. (Ranged Touch: = 24, Hit)(Damage: = 13)

    A blinding ray of light fires from her outstretched hand to strike the Hobgoblin. He shouts with pain as his flesh burns!

    Fiendish Hound 2: (Bite Attack, +1 Flanking: = 10, Miss)

    Hound 2 finally moves in to attack, but cannot find a good spot to bite at you either.

    Hound 4 is drawn to the light from Elloral's spell and leaps up to bite at her hand through the open window!

    Fiendish Hound 4: (Bite Attack, -2 for cover: = 15, Hit)(Location: Right Hand)(Damage: 7)

    Elloral screams as the Hound clamps its jaws over her outstretched hand, growling savagely and refusing to release it's hold!

    [Can do continuous damage each round in this fashion, and prevent her from casting spells at the same time]

    [Burrai: It is your turn. What do you do?]



  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon Broadbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Zemile View Post
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon takes a seat against the window, better to have to crane one's neck to look out, than to have one's back to this room. While he is no stranger to taverns, and has likely been in seedy places like this before, he tries to avoid it, and knows better than to risk any of these overused, under cleaned women. "Make sure the bottle is still sealed, I'll open it myself. Take your time, I have a feeling I may be here for a while." He then devotes one eye to the brewing troubles outside, and the other one to the possibility of shenanigans inside.

    The serving girl probably couldn't understand everything you said, but she returns with an interesting squat porcelain jug that has a cork sealed with wax.

    Serving Girl: "Baiju! You pay, six silver, please!"

    After receiving payment the girl moves off, but then another female moves to stand in her place beside your table. This one is no girl, but an adult Caishian woman by the look of her pale round face, black hair and dark eyes.

    She is dressed something like a warrior, which is very unusual for a woman in her culture. Her leggings are loose in the local desert fashion, made of more durable fabric then silks, worn over supple leather boots with steel plates strapped over her shins. Her tunic is rolled up around her forearms, revealing steel-plated leather bracers. Beneath her loose tunic you glimpse other sheets of steel plate strapped around her middle and her ribs, and finally, a thick leather head-band features a sturdy steel band as well.

    Her hair is cut very short and shaggy, almost boy-like. She is pretty, but certainly doesn't act very feminine. She also wears a very light, airy cloak over her shoulders that would do little to repel water but serves adequately against wind-blown sand and sun. You see nothing on her person that you'd consider a weapon, although there appear to be some kind of rods tucked into her waistband attached to each other with a short chain.

    Caishian Woman: -Speaking Common- "I'd guess you've never tried Baiju before have you sir dwarf?" She asks in perfect common. "Take care, it's probably the strongest drink you've ever tasted made by humans. I'd suggest sharing that jug with me if you want to stay somewhat sober for the rest of the day. What do you say?"

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Thumbs up Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ghost, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Ghost in the Darkness: Stares into Emiko's red eyes with his violet gaze and smiles slightly. "Perhaps it is you they should call Ghost, pale one..." He lifts a hand towards Emiko's face, as if he means to touch it, but at the instant his skin would make contact with hers he shifts to gaseous form. All Emiko feels at that point is a deep chill as he rises up into the air before her.

    Purusartha: "Many thanks!" He shouts up at Ghost. "Now lets get out of here while we still can!" He says, following Xiaolong.

    After everyone has passed through the portal into the cellar of The Drunken Fool, Olo is last to step through. Then he reaches back to retrieve the other part of the portal, followed by the one at your feet and effectively closes it.

    Olo: Exhales with relief. "Glad that's done!" The halfling says lighting his lantern once again.

    __________________________________________________ __

    <End of Scene 5><End of Act 2>



    Experience Award Time
    (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

    Main Group______________________________________

    PC's

    Crdechzkragar - 2,200 xp + 700 bonus roleplaying xp +3 character points
    Emiko - 2,300 xp + 800 bonus roleplaying xp + 3 character points
    Sauel - *1,750 xp + 550 bonus roleplaying xp + 2 character points
    Xiaolong - 2,250 xp + 750 bonus roleplaying xp + 3 character points

    NPC's
    Arminas - 750 xp
    Olo - 1,000 xp
    Purusartha - 1,000 xp
    Sher' Reek - 750 xp
    Yorick - *500 xp

    __________________________________________________ __

    Other Group_________________________________________

    PC's
    Burrai - 500 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp
    Kromedon - 500 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp

    NPC's
    Elloral - 250 xp
    __________________________________________________ __

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •