Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 2: Scene 5
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1: Act 2: Scene 5

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Part 1: Act 2: Scene 5

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - Undercity of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Tuesday Morning - April 10th
    __________________________________________________ ____

We are on DDS 125 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.
    Last edited by Narayan; 03-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ghost, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

__________________________________________________ _____

[Approximate Time in Game: = 5 AM]

As you stand witness at the lower end of the cavern, a foul creature steps closer towards you. (now 50 ft. away) It
    appears more or less humanoid, but has mottled, decaying flesh drawn tight across clearly visible bones. It is mostly hairless and has a carnivore’s sharp teeth. Its eyes burn like hot coals in their sunken sockets.

Ghost in the Darkness: Recognizes the creature and frowns. "Yes... as I expected. This cavern is home to Ghouls and Ghasts... They are little threat to me of course, but their paralyzing claws might be your downfall... However, it is capable of speech and reason, perhaps I can negotiate with it? One undead to another... it should respect me.
    So I say let it approach. Do not attack unless I say so, agreed?"

[What do you do?]

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

(Since the last battle/scene, how much healing have any lycanthropes (namely me) gotten?)

Supernatural creatures, undead, although it made Sauel growl he wasn't ready to jump head first to fighting a ghoul. His own experiences with the undead were more limited to helping track and familiarization rather than actual fighting. Well until the ghoul made the first attack he would hold his position.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

{Emiko does as Ghost bids and waits for negotiations.}

(Fate Pool: 20D20 => 232.)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rtcvb32
    (Since the last battle/scene, how much healing have any lycanthropes (namely me) gotten?)
    Well, it's been one hour since the battle with the Bugbears. That means you'd have regenerated 9 hp's since then. Any other healing would have come from drinking potions or maybe some spells from Cred... all of which would have been mentioned in posts that you should have kept track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Well, it's been one hour since the battle with the Bugbears. That means you'd have regenerated 9 hp's since then. Any other healing would have come from drinking potions or maybe some spells from Cred... all of which would have been mentioned in posts that you should have kept track of.
    Well most healing and damage is applied right away and easy to track; Regeneration is a little trickier to keep track of. The last battle Sauel took damage from wasn't the Bugbears but rather the fireball from Cred.

Quote Originally Posted by rtcvb32 View Post
    Well most healing and damage is applied right away and easy to track; Regeneration is a little trickier to keep track of. The last battle Sauel took damage from wasn't the Bugbears but rather the fireball from Cred.
    Well, if you haven't applied that 9 hp's of healing from regeneration yet go ahead and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Well, if you haven't applied that 9 hp's of healing from regeneration yet go ahead and do that.
    I have, and I only needed 8 to heal up completely (due to some quick healing via Cred after Sauel escaped the explosion defurred...).

Probably combine all these into a single post/conversation for simplicity.
    Last edited by Narayan; 03-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ghost, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

As you watch in guarded position the ghoul moves closer with steady confident steps. It's garments are completely soiled and torn to shreds, but if you had to guess, this creature was once a human. Likely an Akhenaten slave that died in the undercity mines...

As it steps It's glowing eyes observe you with obvious intelligence, sizing you up. When it gets within twenty paces or so it halts, but even at that distance it's stench is almost overwhelming!

Ghast: {speaks Akhenaten}"Intruders! Or should I say, fresh meat?" It asks with a hungry gleam in its eyes
    as its sharpened teeth and claw-like fingers look easily capable of tearing you to pieces.

Ghost in the Darkness: Steps forward. {Answers in Akhenaten} "You will not find this group to be an easy meal, Ghast!" He says flashing his fangs. (Intimidate Check: = 14)

Ghast: narrows its gaze at Ghost, and nods respectfully. (Sense Motive Check: = 19) "A Vampire?! How interesting... yes you would be too strong for me, but I never said I was alone..." It adds with a loud hiss.

At that moment at least a dozen more ghouls appear at the edge of your darkvision, moving to surround you!

Ghost in the Darkness: Frowns. "We don't have time for this! I see how hungry you are... I understand that better then most. Leave us alone, and I will provide you with other fresh victims." (Bluff Check: = 28)

Ghast: (Sense Motive Check: = 21) "People say anything to save their lives. Always empty promises. Step aside vampire, or we will destroy you as well!"

Ghost in the Darkness: "Have you heard of the Ghost in the Darkness?"

Ghast: Laughs. "What of him?"

Ghost in the Darkness: (Bluff Check: = 28) "I am his employer. You think fresh victims would be hard for someone like that to acquire? Trust me, this is not an empty promise."

Ghast: (Sense Motive Check: = 21) "Hmm... well, even if I wanted to believe you. I can't speak for the others. As you know our hunger is very great indeed! It is not so easy to put aside a meal of fresh flesh..." He says running his tongue over his sharpened teeth staring at the group.

Ghost in the Darkness: Nods. "Perhaps you just lack sufficient motivation to convince the others..." Ghost moves his fingers and his lips in an almost imperceptibly quick and subtle fashion (swift action)... an instant later the Ghast is outlined in a burning effigy of ghostly violet flames!

Ghast: (Reflex save, DC 22: = 20, Fail)(Damage: = 6)

The Ghast begins to hiss and scream as his dead flesh burns! Meanwhile the other Ghouls continue to move forward.

Ghost in the Darkness:
    "I'd do my best to stop them if I were you... or you'll soon just be a pile of ashes!"

Ghast: Cries out to the other ghouls. "STOP! DO NOT ATTACK! I made a bargain with this vampire!"

The Ghast starts to step backwards, as if some distance might cancel the spell, but it does not. The fire continues to burn it. So it keeps crying out to the others. Tense moments follow, as the other Ghouls argue or try and ignore the burning Ghast. But in the end, he is so insistent that they reluctantly step back into the shadows.

Ghast: Moves close to the vampire again, smoking and screeching with pain. "I have done it! Pleeeease cease this agony!"

Ghost in the Darkness: Waves his fingers again and the flames disappear. "Good. You will see I am a man of my word. At this same hour tomorrow, other victims will appear here for you to feed upon."

Ghast: "Thank you!" The creature says, before it too moves with haste into the shadows.

Ghost in the Darkness: Speaking in Common again to the rest of you. "We should be safe now."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Being surrounded by ghouls wasn't something he enjoyed and looked between them nervously, more nervous wondering if and when to attack, still while Ghost was bargaining he held himself in place keeping well out of reach and stride from one of their attacks. Having them leave from Ghost's forward, blunt, and harsh yet likely mostly honest demeanor could only make him wonder what replacement victims he meant. Course if it was a bluff and he never intended to feed them was something Sauel had no ability to calculate for the undead, and hoped they would merely be some Vul that were hunted, or maybe those hunting Ghost and not simply bystanders.

This is where being a paladin would never work, especially as a lycanthrope and in lycanthrope politics where if you weren't aware of it before you were in the area there was no reason for you to go out of your way to try and fix an area either. Sauel could only hope he was doing more good than bad in these cases.

With the ghouls now gone and the stench filling his nose he almost wondered if he would have preferred to fight the spiders... At least detached spider limbs don't keep crawling after you...

Downloads
    Uploads

Xiaolong Shu

((post pending))
    Last edited by Shun001; 03-10-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cred

The ghast and the ghouls were almost to much mixed with the stench of death. ~Thank Userwroth for his protection ~ Looking at the others. Then asking "How many non detection scrolls do we have? I can make three others non detectable beyond the scrolls? But this will all depend on how many will be ascending with us? Also " He looks to Emiko. " could I have the silk rope and some viles of acid so I can be prepared to make an opening?"

He walks over to ghost asking. "are those the shafts we must fly into?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Crdechzkragar
    He walks over to ghost asking. "are those the shafts we must fly into?"

Ghost in the Darkness: Nods to Crdechzkragar. "They are indeed. We should take a closer look."

Ghost leads you forward towards the dim light from the Vulkyrie dungeon above... the stench of the place only gets worse the closer you get to the garbage chutes; and when you finally reach them it's obvious they are the source of the smell. Huge piles of old bones, rotten bits of flesh and feces, deposited here over centuries,
    loom before you. The chutes themselves are about 50 ft. above, chiseled through the caverns ceiling.
    Last edited by Narayan; 03-11-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

~Ghost is very wise... What does Cred mean about the rope? They didn't grab it?!~

"I left the rope I had on the table for all of you in Faereg's home. I assumed one of you took it with you..." She says in response to Cred.

{She stops suddenly and pukes on the ground as she get's closer to the rotting stench.}

~I remember it too well... This smell is too much...~
    Last edited by Narayan; 03-11-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: No save necessary

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Posted for Sauel

Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    Although as the stench increased Sauel tried to use the bandages he used as a blindfold as a filter over his mouth and nose. He could feel his stomach wanting to empty. It was hard to tell what was worse at this point, and watching Emiko hurl made him want to throw up even more.

~Not good.... thankfully our scent isn't going to give us away~

Last edited by Narayan; 03-11-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: No save necessary

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Cred

He follows Ghost not allowing the stench to bother him and doing hid best not to taste the air. it was a awful smell and taste. "I did not grab it, with everything else I am carrying I would not of been able to move adding that to the bundle, I assumed some one else grabbed it." He says looking back at the others.
    Last edited by Narayan; 03-11-2014 at 04:50 PM. Reason: No save necessary

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ghost in the Darkness: "I took the rope back at the Cottage, but I have plenty more of it and other useful tools on me. I wouldn't be much of a smuggler if I didn't keep myself well supplied with such things."

Olo: Answers Crdechzkragar. "Thiara gave me five scrolls of non-detection. We might as well use them now that we are here. Do we need to go over the plan again or are we good to go?"

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

"I'm ready..." She says, spitting off to the side away from the others.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast