Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
5E what do you think? - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: 5E what do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    right off the bat I see a couple of things I'm going to take issue with but nothing some house rules wouldn't fix. All in all I'm looking forward to trying a game out, skeptically though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just started a 5e game. so far so good. I like how it is so far, but they could easily trash it with all sorts of supplemental material and settings. As I start it feels far better than 4e, though I loved 3.5 and pathfinder. I'm somehow excited, almost like when I first started playing in 1979.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Just started a 5e game. so far so good. I like how it is so far, but they could easily trash it with all sorts of supplemental material and settings. As I start it feels far better than 4e, though I loved 3.5 and pathfinder. I'm somehow excited, almost like when I first started playing in 1979.
    Trash it with supplemental material? How can you not like supplemental material?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoy it. It kinda sucks they are moving away from grid maps and minis because well a lot of us enjoy that but I always have my pathfinder mini map packs Happy Gaming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm loving 5e. One note, you can still use grid maps. I use the PFRGP map packs for the 5e campaign my buddy runs. It works well.
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Trash it with supplemental material? How can you not like supplemental material?
    Supplemental material ruined 3rd edition. Too many feats and prestige classes. Not enough playtesting. Granted, 3rd edition also had some excellent SM. But feats and class abilities were too easily broken, and when you start telling players that they can't use the book on which they spent their hard-earned money, they get testy. Plus, Warlocks and the Book of Nine Swords (?) were supplemental material. Look what they led to.

5e is the much-needed streamlining of 3rd edition, though I get the feeling that WotC didn't have the leash fully secured before they let it out. There will be some great optional rules (modules), and I am both hoping for and fearing the release of the SM. I expect that I'll be playing more core 5e (Player's Handbook 1) than anything else.

Grids? Where we're going, we don't need grids.