Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Hakkenslash RPG Playtestt

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hakkenslash RPG Playtestt

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm in the process of developing a new, simplified fantasy RPG system and am looking to get a new playtest started via PbP. The system uses a 2d6, 'classless' mechanic, while allowing for a limited class feel with ease of multi-classing. It's designed off of an OSR retro-clone attitude with a touch of modern edition feel (for example, no Thac0-style armor class).

The combat system uses an 'active defense' system rather than an AC or AP mechanic, allowing the defender to maintain a feel of participation in combat even when waiting on his or her turn to take actions.

If this is something you think you'd be interested in, please let me know! The game will take place on Myth-Weavers. It's a standard, high-fantasy system. The system rules as I have them so far can be found here.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great look and fantasy feel. I think there's room for more simplifying, if that's one of your primary goals. For example: having both "levels" and "hit dice" is redundant, to some degree. I'm also not sure that you need both Armor Bonus and Total Armor Bonus. And one thing that might apply to just me: "AB" looks like "attack bonus" for some strange reason.

I have a similar project posted here, and you're welcome to steal from it as needed. It's intended as a foundation from which to build more complex systems (or "modules") while playing fine as a stand-alone game, and to encourage community contribution to build its diversity.