Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4 - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 170

Thread: Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    {Emiko smiles as she holds out one of her hands and let's it erupt into blue flames, almost like she is holding a torch. She waits for Olo to do the rest.}
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 02-01-2014 at 08:15 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    [Still speaking Draconic]

    Olo pauses dramatically as Emiko's hand starts to burn, smiling slightly as the kobolds flinch from the sudden flash of light. He kneels down and places the flagon on the ground. Moments pass, yet nothing unusual happens.

    Sher' Reek: Frowns. "I am waiting to be impressed..."

    Olo: Smirks. "You failed to notice the flagon itself casts no shadow..."

    And so it is true, made obvious now by the eerie light of Emiko's blue magic flame. Even the Kobolds on lizard-back crane their necks to the side to get a better look at this point.

    Sher' Reek: Narrows her gaze on the flagon. "May I hold it?"

    Olo: Nods.

    Sher' Reek: Pulls her long clawed hands from the sleeves of her robes and grasps the flagon. Lifting it seems to take greater effort then she anticipated.
    "It's strangely heavy... even though it looks and feels to be made of wood. And its unusually cool to the touch." She remarks.

    Olo:
    "Indeed. That's part of its magic. Read the command word marked on its base, and fill it with liquid if you wish to witness its real power"

    Sher' Reek: Lifts the flagon above eye level to examine its base. Then she places it back on the ground while she removes a waterskin from within her robes. She fills the flagon with it, and mutters the command word under her breath. Instantly the water changes its color to an inky black.

    Olo:
    "You can dispel the shadow at anytime with the same command word. Only one shadow can be formed at any one time, and up to five can be made in one day. The shadow will only remain in the flagon for about a minute if you don't use it."

    Sher' Reek:
    "And how do I use it exactly?"

    Olo:
    "You may either pour it from the flagon to create a globe of darkness which lasts for ten minutes, or you can drink it to improve the strength of your illusionary magic for three hours."

    Sher' Reek: Reaches for the cup again, pouring the inky liquid to the ground. Instantly, a magical globe of darkness forms around her to a radius of 20 ft, which she dispels immediately.
    "Hmm... interesting. I suppose this is worth a trip to the lake. I presume you know the way?"

    Olo:
    "I do. But before we go, I am curious. Do you know of Ghost?"

    Sher' Reek:
    "Yes, most everyone does. He is quite famous in these caverns."

    Olo: "What have you heard?"

    Sher' Reek: Shrugs. "Just stories everyone circulates. They say the price on his head is greater then all the other smugglers put together. Everyone wants him dead. King Kyser, Baron Zomok, the dark elves, the accursed dwarves... even other tribes of Kobolds."

    Olo: "Interesting... do you know anything about him other then what he's done? Can you tell me what he looks like?"

    Sher' Reek: Irritably shakes her head.
    "Descriptions differ. He's obviously familiar with magical disguises."

    Olo:
    "Ok fair enough. Lets get moving." He says stepping back to the group speaking again in common. "Good news. We've arranged for them to escort us to the lake."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Darkness, then light, then darkness again, then light again, and finally darkness... It was getting confusing, however since there was no screams of terror, yelps, smells of blood or cursing or random magic being thrown around Sauel could only assume negotiations were going well, confirmed shortly when Olo spoke in common. Although curious of what the commotion was they spoke over, it wasn't something he was willing to risk his neck for to find out.

    Best not to know for now.

    Sauel gave a soft slow sigh, he had been in too many battles in one day, yet he expected more. He gives Rabi an affectionate nuzzle to help keep him calm. Sauel was only be too happy to keep moving.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Emiko follows with Olo back to the group, smiling as she goes along in silent triumph.}

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    As you file closer together through tighter areas Sher' Reek follows close on Olo's heels ensuring he stays on the promised course and dosen't try and tricks. The other kobolds fall in close behind the rest of you, but not too close... as Jiao seems eager for an excuse to squash any unfortunate kobold who gets within reach.

    You guess there are at least another half dozen of them in their group then you originally spotted, as you occasionally glimpse or hear more of them scrabbling through the dark on your trail.

    The path Olo takes to reach the lake worms its way dizzily through several other caverns, caves and tunnels, covering a distance of maybe two miles as the crow flies, but more then double that by actual distance traveled.

    When you actually emerge at your destination, you are surprised to see that this cavern has a hint of natural luminescence about it from natural light-emitting lichens and algae. You can actually make out some of the breadth and landscape of this cavern, almost as if you were looking at it under an overcast sky by the faintest moonlight. Insects, bats, and other small winged creatures flit about the upper shadows and stalactites while other creepy-crawlies skitter about the stones and stalagmites at ground level.

    The lake itself is not as grand as you imagined. It's perhaps barely a half mile across at its furthest distance, with several small pebble beaches along its shore. You even make out a crude cottage beside a dock jutting out a ways into the dark water, both made of masonry, with a small boat lying atop it.

    Olo: Asks Sher' Reek in whispered draconic. "I've only glimpsed this place once or twice before, and I never bothered to ask who's boat is that?"

    Sher' Reek: Cackles in a whisper. "You really don't know? It belongs to the owner of that cottage, an old decrepit Gnomish hermit by the name of Faereg."

    Olo: "A Gnome you say??? How strange to live alone in a place like this. They say this cavern is full of dangers."

    Sher' Reek: "Strange indeed. But that Gnome has lived here for as long as anyone remembers... he must be at least three hundred years old. They say he's an alchemist who lost a hand long ago in some failed experiment. He uses that boat to fish for his dinner now and then..."

    Olo: "Well, I guess we will be fine from here. Best we part ways before our werebull decides to hurt one of your warriors."

    Sher' Reek: Shakes her head. "I'm not going anywhere. I said I'd escort you here, but that means I must also escort you back afterwards... how else can I ensure the safety of my tribe?"

    Olo: Shrugs. "Suite yourself, but you may be waiting a long while."

    Sher' Reek: "Lets hope its not too long, or else I might assume you are playing some sort of trick!" She says with an angry hiss, stepping away to mingle with the rest of the kobolds on the other side of the large cave you currently find yourselves in, which has a broad view of the cavern with the lake.

    Olo turns his back on her and rolls his eyes ushering the rest of you to gather round so he can whisper to you in confidence.

    Olo:
    "Ok this is where Ghost said to meet him. He gave instructions to inform the old hermit in the cottage when we arrive. I suppose that means the Gnome will somehow send for him? But he also warned that the hermit hates visitors, and thus we must respect his privacy and not all try and badger him at once. That means one of us should volunteer to speak to him. I would be happy too, but I had no idea he was a gnome... and I'm sad to say I do not speak his tongue... What of the rest of you?"



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Amaya, Gael, Taros

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    Amaya: Amaya stayed on the chair momentarily, not even hearing Gael as she spoke at first. Amaya felt bad that she was intruding on Gael and Taros and then to bring up painful memories. She didn't know what to think about her mother her future or what her next steps would be. Feeling Gael take her hand, Amaya turned to look at her, "Wha.... What was .. " Amaya started before Gael's words finally clicked into her head. "..I...." Amaya didn't know what to say and could barely speak so instead she nodded in agreement before slowly uncurling herself and wiping the beginning of tears from her eyes with her free hand. Amaya stood up and tried to force a smile for Gael before being lead off to her room for the night.
    Gael leads you to a comfortable downstairs room, close to the kitchens and the servants quarters. It is rather spacious inside with all the necessary amenities including a full size bathtub in one corner surrounded by curtains, a small sitting table, a side table with a washbasin before a mirror, a chest of drawers, a large curtained bed, a chamber pot, a reinforced chest to lock away your valuables, several candles and two oil lamps. The only thing it obviously lacks is an outside window.

    Gael:
    Hands you a fancy iron key to the door. "This is yours to keep for as long as you stay here. No one will disturb your privacy, but please do not attempt to leave without asking me first. If you need anything, a meal, a bath, fresh clothes... anything at all. Ask myself, or Taros, or one of the servants." Gael reaches for your hand to give it a squeeze and smiles.

    Taros: "Goodnight Amaya." He says, wrapping his arm around Gael and leading her from your room, closing the door behind him.

    [What do you do?]

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel found the light illumination from the natural growth rather refreshing, it reminded him of the forest, of early morning or evenings after the rain had finished. The dampness in the air from the lake helped with that illusion, although likely the water was cold (unless there was a vein of lava somewhere under that heated it a bit).

    Sitting on his rear he shook his head, gnomish was a language Sauel would likely pick up but he didn't know it at this moment. There was always common, but what they knew was more top-side common, there is also under-common and aquatic-common and probably several more that Sauel hadn't heard of, it meant the common tongue they used may not work, especially if the gnome had abandoned it in the years.

    Sauel glanced at Jaio, and knew instantly and most likely even if the were-bull knew gnomish he would probably be vetoed, as a huge lumbering monster he was would either be too intimidating, or the voice too unnatural to be accepted as human. A quick chuckle went past his muzzle as he thought of an old story of the three little pigs, and how Jaio would be perfect for the part. ~Open up little man, or I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll knock down your stupid little cottage into the lake!!~

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    He shakes his head then looks at the others. I speak many languages, yet that is not one of them. I have the ability to understand his language but not speak it. If no one can speak the language I could go, but I am not sure how well a gnome will react to me and my race.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Emiko listens to Olo's talk of the gnome, and looks around at the others judging how threatening their appearances might be to this gnome.}

    ~I would like to meet someone that has lived for over a hundred years... Such stories they might know... It's too bad we don't have time for these things. I might never have time for these things again if I'm not more careful... Helping these people is dangerous... Poor Cael... I must be strong! I have to fight to save those in need... THAT is how the story goes... doesn't it? or do I just do whatever I feel like... Sometimes I just get so frustrated... I just want to burn everything! But... later I feel... regret. Puru and Olo seem best if no one else knows the languages of this gnome. They have proven themselves wise so far... Cred looks like what might be this gnomes enemy down here, so... that won't do.~

    "Yes, considering what he may have had to deal with from others of your kind Cred, I think sending someone else would be wiser..." She says quietly to Cred in Draconic.

    She turns to Purusartha and Olo, and begins to speak in common. "I think Puru or Olo should go if none of us speak the gnome's languages. They seem to me to be the least threatening to a gnome, in appearance at least..."

    {Emiko turns away from the group having said her opinion on the matter. She looks out over the cavern admiring it's serene beauty while she waits for a decision to be made.}

    ~This place... it's so beautiful. This is something I will always fight for that is certain, nature... it produces such beautiful life. The creatures that honor it will be under my protection. There... This is why I will stay... Something worth the risk... for the love of beautiful life. Maybe it's because I haven't slept, but I would give anything to lay in some soft grass under the moon and stars right at this moment. I wonder what the others think of this beauty before us. Would they notice it?~

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    52
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Arminas Mithrandir

    The elf had remained silent the whole way, simply letting the situation unfold on its own, with Purusartha and Olo leading the way, getting them to their destination. ~All of this brings us one step closer to Palenrian, I just hope we're not too late.~

    When the issue of a potential language barrier comes up, Arminas simply shakes his head. "I am only familiar with the common tongues, as well as the language of the Elves, thus I may not be of much use in this instance."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Olo: looks about the group and shrugs. "I guess I am the obvious choice then. Stout halflings have usually been friendly to their kind. I should be the least-threatening among us to a gnome."

    The lake is about one hundred yards away from the entrance to your cave. Olo points to the cottage, which is about three hundred yards off at the edge of the lake, sitting on a small pebbled beach. There's no actual path around the edge of the lake, but there are routes around and over the stones that seem more convenient and well used then others.

    "We really don't know what else might be lurking about in this cavern, and we don't want to ruin our one chance to meet Ghost by moving up on the cottage as a large group and frightening the hermit. So I will approach the cottage alone. The rest of you wait here with the kobolds."

    "I'm not saying I trust her, but the fact is remaining close to Sher' Reek is a good idea for the moment. There is safety in numbers after all."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    ~... And now we wait again... Sleep Kit... It will do you good.~

    {Emiko stays with the others and pulls up her hood to cover herself once more. She sits on the ground next to the group and hums a song quietly as she rocks a bit, back and forth.}

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    [Please everyone describe what you are doing while you wait for Olo to go to the cottage and return.]

    Purusartha:
    Leans against one side of the cave entrance, scratching his beard with one hand while the other plucks at the string of his composite longbow that he keeps close to his side. "Interesting evening we're having isn't it Yorick?"

    Yorick: Shrugs, arms crossed, holding Cael's big Axe against his shoulder. "I imagined every moment since I've been freed from my chains would be a good one... yet that isn't the case at all." He says solemnly. "...In the past, I fought to survive. That was all. Now... I fear for others lives as well. Trying to save lives is much harder then taking them. Watching allies die, is much harder..."

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Emiko notices she is a bit crowded at the moment, so she gets up and moves to the edge of the cave, and sits upon the ground just far enough away from the others to where she won't be disobeying Olo's orders. She sits in a meditative position and closes her eyes, trying to rest herself before anymore battles.}
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 02-02-2014 at 11:26 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Since they seem to have a few minutes Sauel situates himself before stretching, almost looking comical as he stretching his feet forward and yawns silently, with his butt in the air before switching to his back feet and stretching them as far behind them as he can for a few seconds. Afterwards rolls his shoulder blades as best he can trying to get the hard to reach places that the armor seems to get in the way of.

    Finally after getting the kinks out of the way he sits down letting himself shift to human form for a few minutes. "It's kinda weird having dark vision, isn't it Rabi?" Sauel commented to his animal companion petting him before returning his attention to the rest of the group.

    "Jaio?" Sauel speaks softly to the werebull. "When else have you come out? What kind of adventures have you embarked on?"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •