Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4 - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 170

Thread: Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    1D20+2 => 17 #listen
    1D20+2 => 11 #Spot

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    (Listen: 1D20+3 => 10. Spot: 1D20+3 => 11.)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    [Note: Everyone (except Olo) gets 33 sp, 13 gp, 49 cp, from the Bugbears loot. Purusartha will hold the four ornamental silver rings for now until they can be sold and converted into non-silver currency... cause were's prefer not to use silver currency or jewelry for obvious reasons.]

    Jiao:
    (Listen: = 9)(Spot: = 16)(Scent: = 15)
    Olo: (Listen: = 7)(Spot: = 19)
    Purusartha: (Listen: = 10)(Spot: = 24)
    Yorick: (Listen: = 21)(Spot: = 14)(Scent: = 24)

    Sauel's keen nose is the first to detect foul odors in the air... consisting mostly of offal and rotting meet. Most likely coming from some creatures nearby den.

    Sauel's ears are also the first to hear hints of strange voices, speaking a language he's unfamiliar with
    in a high-pitched yapping tone.

    Purusartha: Is the first to glimpse movement at the edge of his magical darkvision. A flitting shadow, something large, but as he was unable to focus on it quick enough to make out further details he can't say what it is. "Something's out there!" He says in a low but urgent tone.

    Olo: "Everyone quick, move towards the nearest cavern wall and put your backs against it. Prepare to be attacked!" He quickly warns.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    ~not a dull moment down here, even in total darkness...~ Sauel thought as he took Olo's advice. Meanwhile he let himself shift once more into his wolf form. A gentle prod down his mind-link directing Rabi.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    52
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas Mithrandir

    The elf heeds the order from Purusartha, getting up against the wall and crouching down slightly. Deciding that now would likely be the best time for it, as he had not taken the chance to do so as of yet, he reaches for the side pouches on his backpack where he had stored the potions, grabbing the darkvision and delay poison potions, uncorking them and quaffing the contents in a couple of gulps.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Cred

    Crdechzkgrakar: Speaks in common to the rest of the group. "They are Kolbolds, followers of Untorangon. Let me speak to them and see if we can pass without a fight. But be prepared and watch for traps. My people are known for their cunning."

    Stepping forward and away from the group Cred shouts out in Draconic, the language of his people. "MY NAME IS CRDECHZKRAGAR! ALLOW ME TO SPEAK WITH THE ONE WHO LEADS!"

    The rest of you quickly form up into a defensive semi-circle up against the nearest cavern wall, watching warily as Crdechzkrakar confronts whatever's hidden in the darkness.
    Last edited by Narayan; 01-29-2014 at 02:57 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Emiko moves to brace for an incoming attack with the others.}

    ~I hope Cred can gain us safe passage from these other kobolds... Otherwise he may be walking towards his doom...~

    "Be careful..." She says quietly in Draconic to Cred before he steps away from the group.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    [Note: Darkvision is black-and-white only... so although I do mention colors here, it takes quite a bit of experience to discern colors in shades of grey, and you should not take it for granted that you can discern these colors. If you want to make a guess, you'll have to ask me to make a wisdom check.]

    A few tense moments pass... before two large lizards emerge from the blackness. Each is about 10ft long with a low, wide stance, weighing in at about a ton, armored with thick blue-scaled hides. Their feet end in sucker-like discs, perhaps allowing them to scale vertical surfaces? Their huge wedge shaped heads are filled with teeth as long as daggers, but for the moment they are controlled by reigns held by their riders.

    Each subterranean lizard is affixed with a harness and a saddle, seated upon which are very strange kobolds with grayish-black scaled skin and dark eyes. Their bodies are strangely proportioned for a kobold, with longer limbs, neck and tail. Their long fingers end in wicked claws, and their snouts have much longer fangs as well.

    Each mounted Kobold carries a long spear they could use to good effect while mounted, but for the moment they are holding those spears vertically and non-threateningly. They are both dressed in crude but functional hide armor, over which they wear crudely-dyed red tunics.

    Then, between the lizards, another kobold steps forward on foot and you get the impression this one is a female. Though it seems this breed of kobold is probably capable of standing taller then most, they jut their long necks out in front of them, giving them more of a reptilian-quality. This one is dressed in blue robes with her hands tucked into her sleeves.

    Robed Kobold: "I am the leader of this patrol. My name is Sher'Reek. You are trespassing Crdechzkragar! Explain what brings you into our domain!" She asks in high-pitched draconic with a noticeable hiss as her tongue snakes through her pronounced fangs.



  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    In draconic to the Robed female Kolbold: " Sher'Reek we are fighting the Vul. For they hunt and kill us and others of Dragon birth. There fortification is defended from above not bellow. So it is we take this path. I wish to only pass through and have no intention to intrude. I do not wish to fight others as myself. I desire to spill the blood of the Vul, to hear them scream again as they are run through and killed. I would ask that you and any other who wish to spill the blood of the Vul to join us in this raid. Bathe in there blood and rejoice in there dying screams. If you would not join us, then I ask that we be allowed passage through your territory so we may run our blades into the hearts of the Vul." He asks, his head forward as his Lizard instincts and body language are reflected in his movement.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Sher'Reek tilts her ugly visage quizzically at Cred's words, while the pair of warriors mounted on lizard-back exchange looks and chuckle.

    Sher'Reek: "You must be joking?! There is no such weakness in their defenses. If there were, WE would know about it. The foundations above were built very strong by the ugly bearded dwarves!"

    Olo steps slowly beside Crdechzkrakar, keeping his hands empty and plainly visible, speaking clearly in Draconic.

    Olo: "We have hired The Ghost in the Darkness to lead us past their defenses. We merely seek safe passage to the nearby underground lake to meet with him."

    Sher'Reek: Hisses at Olo, replying still in Draconic. "Silence halfling! I did not give you leave to speak!" She narrows her gaze at him. "Ahhh... I see you bear the badge of King Kyser! The filthy rat king! Give me one reason why I shouldn't destroy you all?!"

    Olo: Frowns
    "You might, but it won't be as easy as you think. We already dispatched a band of Bugbears earlier who had the same idea!"

    Sher'Reek: Spits upon the ground:
    "Yes we saw them too. Ugly minions of the dark elvessss..." She says with a hiss.

    Olo: Nods.
    "We will battle any who impede us, but it is not your blood we seek to shed. Crdechzkragar speaks true. We only desire to battle Vul this night. Ghost, shall lead us to them. We have made it worth his while, and we will do the same for you, IF you let us pass..."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel might feel to get involved somehow, but draconic wasn't one of the languages his knew; So the conversation was a big confusing list of mumbo-jumbo to him. For now he could only sit and either get a signal to attack or to stay put. Very nerve wracking.

    Unfortunately he probably couldn't add much even if he knew what was going on during the negotiations.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    Speeks more to Sher'Reek: He speaks true though a halfling. We will kill any one who stops us, but we would prefer not having to destroy you as we have others above and below in our fight against the Vul. There is a weakness to there fort, like all. The drainage and other routs that rodent and reptiles enter the lower levels through.

    His tounge wisps out as he looks at her then he speaks his final words to her.: There are three choices you have my sister of dragon blood. Join us, Allow us to pass, or die. which do you choose?

    (If she chooses Death I will immediately upon those words release a fire ball at her and her two lizard riders. I am speaking plain facts and hope she will either join or let us pass. Do I need to roll anything so we can avoid combat?)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Sher'Reek: Scoffs, still speaking Draconic. "I am Sher'Reek, sorceress of the ShadowWyrm tribe! I have lived and killed in these caverns for as long as I have drawn breath! Who are you to give ME orders?! You are merely foolhardy intruders!"

    "I serve my chief and the high priestess. If I were to let you pass to avoid risking my neck now, I would be sacrificed for disobedience to duty. SO, I offer you this ultimatum in counter to your own..."

    "Allow me to escort you to meet our chief."
    She turns her black gaze upon Olo. "If this halfling really does have something worthy to offer, he must hope it pleases him. For only the chief can grant you safe passage to the underground lake."

    "If you refuse, you must be cowards and cheats!"



    Last edited by Narayan; 02-01-2014 at 12:40 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    ~I don't like this! More of our time is going to be wasted, and for something that could be a trap... I have to say something...~

    {Emiko steps forward a bit, but stays still behind Cred.}

    She says in Draconic to Sher'Reek in an annoyed tone. "We are no cowards, or cheats! We are in a hurry and we don't have time for any tricks or traps you might have for us. Why should we trust that you won't be taking us to your tribe so you have more numbers against us?" Emiko let's her hood fall back revealing her strange appearance and exotic makeup as she speaks. "If we do decide to meet with your chief, how long will that take? Our whole reason for intruding in the first place will be for nothing if our journey continues to be hindered like this..." She hisses to Sher'Reek in a huff.

    {Emiko stares at Sher'Reek while her hands start to glow and smolder, just waiting to erupt into flames.}

    Emiko smiles darkly at Sher'Reek. "Do you know of another 'quicker' way for our group to be on our way...?"

    (All spoken parts in Draconic in this post.)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    [Note: All speech is in Draconic unless otherwise noted]

    Sher'Reek glares back at Emiko, glancing back and forth between her and Crdechzkragar weighing the situation carefully. After another tense moment, her shoulders seem to slump in accedence.

    Sher'Reek: "You are rude indeed to refuse the proper protocol! ...But perhaps your mission truly does require haste... so I will compromise with you just this once! I will consider your offering on behalf of my chief, and if I think it worthy I will personally escort you to the underground lake."

    "I shall only warn you once that any hint of deception or threat against us will not be tolerated! So step forward halfling, and show me what makes this 'worth our while'..."


    Olo: Does as he is bid, removing a leather pouch from his pack, from which he pulls a remarkable wooden flagon. Apparently crafted from black wood, it is intricately carved with strange fluid patterns and cloaked figures. Though empty, it appears to weigh much heavier in his hands then you'd expect. Olo steps forward slowly, displaying the flagon appreciatively before him.

    Sher' Reek: Eyes Olo and his flagon suspiciously.
    "What is this you offer us? A drinking cup?!"

    Olo:
    "This is no common drinking vessel. They say only eight of these are known to exist, created by a mysterious shadow sorcerer who has long since gone missing. Each one of these has a command word etched into the bottom. Five times per day, it will transform any liquid you place inside it into liquid shadows..."

    Sher' Reek: Looks skeptical.
    "Show me." She says.

    Olo:
    "To properly demonstrate it, we will have to first create some light. May I?"

    Sher' Reek: "You may, but no tricks!"

    Olo:
    "Emiko, could you crate a bit of light please? A small torch's equivalent will be sufficient." He says over his shoulder.

    [Emiko: Do you do as he asks?]

    Last edited by Narayan; 02-01-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •