Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Part 1: Act 2: Scene 4

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Tuesday Morning - April 10th
    __________________________________________________ ____

We are on DDS 124 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.
    Last edited by Narayan; 01-24-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

__________________________________________________ _______________

[Approximate time in game = 4 AM]

Quote Originally Posted by Arminas
    "Yes, antitoxins are extremely valuable. I also possess magic that will delay its effects, although not cure it outright."

The Elf comes up closer to Olo himself, looking at him curiously after his statement about being in captivity as a slave.

"It is a miracle that you did indeed escape their clutches, and remain in such a shape that their magics haven't twisted you beyond your humanity. I would like to learn more of your captivity, and your method of escape. For if there is a way to escape the Underdark, then that means there is a way into the Underdark without succumbing to the slavers, and a full scale assault on their cities can be launched."

Olo:
    Smirks at Arminas. "What an interesting remark. I'm a halfling if you haven't noticed, and you're an elf... so why should I be measured by my humanity?" He chuckles. "I think you meant to say how surprising it is that I haven't lost my sanity."

"Those years of darkness... and pain... have changed me I assure you. But if you expect me to risk my life in some foolish quest to annihilate the drow you'd be mistaken.
    Once you've escaped the spiders web, you don't go back. I rather enjoy my freedom."

Olo then pulls out his portal, lying it flat on the ground, revealing the shadowy darkness of the Drunken Fools cellar. "We should store Cael's body in the cellar, as I suggested to Emiko." Olo says.

Purusartha nods, asking Sauel to help him respectfully slide Cael's corpse through the portal unto the cellar's floor.

Yorick: "Wait! Would it be alright if I borrow this?" He asks, gesturing to Cael's masterwork greatspike axe.

Purusartha: "I think that's a great idea. I believe Cael would have wanted a friend to carry on wielding his axe."

Yorick: "Good, because I'm not done killing those who took him from us so cowardly!" Yorick says hefting the fearsome weapon.

Jiao: Grunts his admiration of Yorick's bloodlust and good taste. "That's a fine looking axe!"

After Cael's body is moved through the portal, Cred and Sauels first aid is highly appreciated by Olo's guards. Jiao however, waves Sauel off with a derisive snort.

Jiao: "Don't touch me! I need none of your healing."

Olo: Steps over to the carriage after he tucks away his portal, removing a wooden case from a hidden compartment beneath the benches. "Everyone take one of each." He says revealing three rows of neatly labelled potions within. Including potions of Darkvision, Delay Poison, and Cure Moderate Wounds.

"I prepared these in advance, knowing how dangerous these lower caves are. This way, we can all move in total darkness. Much easier to hide that way."

After everyone has taken one he replaces the case in its hidden compartment and says.

"Guards! Go now, I shall find you when this mission is over." He says curtly.
    Last edited by Narayan; 01-24-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Sauel helps with moving Cael. He would have preferred to try and infect him assuming he was still able to be affected by the curse. But as such it wasn't his place to populate friends or enemies with the curse of lycanthrope.

Jaio refusing his offer to patch his wounds could only make Sauel shrug and leave him alone. It wasn't magical healing, so the best thing the patch-up would do is ensure Jaio didn't leave a trail of blood to later be traced. Likely his wounds were already closing and more serious wounds would heal shortly after.

At Olo's orders he takes one bottle of each, putting them in his left pouch. [3 bottles added to inventory]

"How long do these two last?" Sauel asked, if they only lasted maybe ten minutes then he would save them a little longer, if they lasted something like an hour or two then the DarkVision could be helpful right away. If it was dark enough though he might end up having to use it right away anyways.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cred

He places the 3 bottles with his things. not sure what he is going to do with the dark vision and wishing he had instead an additional Cure moderate wounds or slow poison.

After pulling himself out of the daze of the moment and hearing Emiko after the other moment had passed, he moves over to her with his kit and nods.

"here let me look at that"

Pulling out some bandages he carefully wraps her arm, placing some herbs upon the wound to stop the flow of blood after cleansing the wound.

"I am sorry this is the best i can do for you and everyone else at the moment. I am almost out of prayers for the day. Tomorrow I will completely heal your wounds I promise" he says a little remorseful for not having additional prayers to give in supplication for Emiko.

(made DC10 for the heal roll will do a take 10 if allowed to guarantee success and that would make it a DC16 I hit then.)
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 01-24-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Arminas Mithrandir

~True, he is halfling, they are naturally known as escape artists. But something still doesn't feel quite right...~ Arminas quietly thinks to himself as the halfling dismisses the conversation, not wanting to regale on the details. ~It's not like I wanted him to go back, just point out where he escaped from, so others may infiltrate. Curious.~

Arminas follows along with the others, in grabbing a trio of potions, storing them in a side pouch on his backpack. [3 bottles added to inventory]

Looking back to the others, he gives his nod of approval, ready to set out on foot for the remainder of the mission.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya, Gael, Taros

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    Amaya: Amaya listened to what what was said, not sure exactly what to say in reply. But as she listened, tears started to well up in her eyes. Emotions of anger mixed with sadness and the like flowed through her veins. Tears started to run down her face as she heard what Taros said. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to.... " Amaya couldn't finish what she was saying, putting her glass down on the table she curled up into a ball on the chair. She felt lost, unsure of what to do or say and sorry that she caused Taros and Gael sorrow when all they had done so far was try to help.
    Gael: Moves over to hold Amaya's hand. "Don't be upset. It's not your fault. You should rest now, let me show you to your room. You'll feel better in the morning."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Crdechzkrakar
    He places the 3 bottles with his things. not sure what he is going to do with the dark vision and wishing he had instead an additional Cure moderate wounds or slow poison.
    Olo: Gives Crdechzkragar an additional healing potion as he obviously has no need for a potion of darkvision.

Downloads
    Uploads

CRed

He thanks Olo and returns the dark vision and replaces it with the cure moderate wounds. He then returns to patching people up and waits to head out on this journey.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Olo: Speaks up to answer questions about the potions. "The darkvision and delay poison potions will last for two hours. That's more then enough time to reach our meeting spot with Ghost, so go ahead and use them now." He says, drinking a delay poison potion himself.

[Darkvision:
    The subject gains the ability to see 60 feet even in total darkness. Darkvision is black and white only but otherwise like normal sight. Darkvision does not grant one the ability to see in magical darkness. Duration: 2 hours]

[Delay Poison:
    The subject becomes temporarily immune to poison. Any poison in its system or any poison to which it is exposed during the spellís duration does not affect the subject until the spellís duration has expired. Delay poison does not cure any damage that poison may have already done. Duration: 2 hours]

Meanwhile Olo's guards place their wounded on the cart, swinging the carriage back around towards the UnderHearth Inn. After a minute, the sound of its wheels and the light from its lanterns fade into the distance leaving you in pitch darkness.

Olo: "There's seven of us, so as long as we are moving through open caverns we'll walk in two columns with me in the lead. But when we start to move through smaller caves we'll need a way to get each others attention without shouting." Pulls out a roll of black thread. "In areas where it makes more sense to move in sigle-file, we'll use this to get my attention without talking. If you see or hear anything out of the ordinary, tug on the thread. If you think we're threatened, just duck down and stop in your tracks. Either way, everyone else holding the thread should quickly realize something is up. But we'll save this for later..." He says packing the thread away again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

{Emiko listens to Arminas go on about the Drow. She stares off into the darkness ahead of them, trying to ignore the talk of Cael's axe, not wanting to watch as they put Cael's body through the portal.}

~It sounds like the Drow have done many terrible things to the people Arminas cares about... I always thought they seemed like beautiful mysterious creatures. It does make sense, though. The Drow are like spiders in their beauty and mystery, and spiders are usually deadly... The types of Drow he speaks of seem like impossible foes. I wonder how one would fight them...~

{Emiko waits patiently as Cred takes care of her arm. Once Cred is finished Emiko makes Kit comfortable inside her pack, then secures the pack to her back.}

"Thank you Cred, it's fine..." She says to Cred, then gets distracted by Olo's offering.

{Emiko collects her share of the potions Olo presents to the group. She tucks the healing potion away into her pack, and the other two potions she drinks after Olo says to consume them. She puts the empty flasks from the potions she drank in her pack.}

"Sounds like a plan. As for the spoils from the bugbears... I will just take any money that is my share, and three days of rations. I have no use for their other belongings. Unless you have other plans for their belongings Purusartha?"
    She says to the group after Olo talks about the thread.

~It's so dark... So strange seeing everything this way... Is this how Cred sees everything? If so... maybe he doesn't notice how odd I look compared to other humans...~

(New Fate Pool: 20D20=> 217. Acquired 3 potions: Darkvision, Delay Poison, and Cure Moderate Wounds. Drinks: Darkvision and Delay Poison.)
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 01-26-2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: flasks not vials apparently lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"Two hours..." Sauel repeats. Decent duration. With a nod he drinks the delay poison and darkvision potions as well, puts the empty vials back in his pouch, perhaps to be recycled later. So far his plan to remain in wolf form most of the time wasn't working out too well, but his senses weren't that dulled as being human; Mostly his speed and physical resistances were changed when he shifted. This meant he would make do until he had to shift again, but if they had to move quickly he would be a bit out of luck from the advantages.

"Lead the way."

Downloads
    Uploads

Amaya

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Gael: Moves over to hold Amaya's hand. "Don't be upset. It's not your fault. You should rest now, let me show you to your room. You'll feel better in the morning."
    Amaya: Amaya stayed on the chair momentarily, not even hearing Gael as she spoke at first. Amaya felt bad that she was intruding on Gael and Taros and then to bring up painful memories. She didn't know what to think about her mother her future or what her next steps would be. Feeling Gael take her hand, Amaya turned to look at her, "Wha.... What was .. " Amaya started before Gael's words finally clicked into her head. "..I...." Amaya didn't know what to say and could barely speak so instead she nodded in agreement before slowly uncurling herself and wiping the beginning of tears from her eyes with her free hand. Amaya stood up and tried to force a smile for Gael before being lead off to her room for the night.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Before you head off, Olo steps up to Jiao and cranes his head up to look up at him, much like a small child would before he points at his hooves. which scrape and echo loudly on the stony cavern floor, as would be expected for something so heavy.

Olo: "Your hooves are too loud."

Jiao: Huffs. "I'm not trying to be sneaky!"

Olo: "Well, WE, are... so you'll need to address that if you plan on coming with us."

Jiao: Snorts. "What do you suggest?"

Olo: "Wrap some cloth around them." He answers.

Jiao grunts and mutters irritably, but manages to fashion crude cloth shoes for his hooves with the Bugbears cloaks.

Olo leads the way at as quick a pace as he can manage with his shorter legs, almost jogging to keep the rest of you at a brisk walking pace. Jiao prefers the rear-guard position, and seems to have no trouble keeping up, making you wonder if he could actually outpace the rest of you without too much trouble?

After a short while, you come to the edge of this cavern, with several smaller caves branching off from it.

[Listen, Spot and/or Scent checks please everyone, DC 14]

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

(Listen: 26, spot: 17, scent: 18/29?)
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 01-27-2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: scent might have a 29 total...

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

(Listen: 23, Spot: 21)

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast