Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Dungeon World
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 3
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Roll20
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Roll20)

Thread: Dungeon World: Holy Paramethia

Downloads
    Uploads

Dungeon World: Holy Paramethia

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite you to a new campaign in the fantasy role playing game Dungeon World. This game is based of the older game Apocalypse world and although it has an old school style it also has modern rules. What makes me want to start a campaign in this universe particularly is the freedom that the game rules allot for both player and GM alike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-adventurers-storn-cook.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	4127

Dungeon world asks GMs to leave the fluff of the world blank encouraging them to not write out the details but to allow them, to develop from the players and through the story itself. This means than rather than creating some generic world the group comes up with some interesting (and often wacky) ideas that all collate to a diverse and multi-faceted world that everyone has an invested interest in because they helped build it.

Another reason I love this game is due to the youtube channel "Roleplay". This channel is dedicated to Role playing games and it is currently running a Dungeon world campaign which I very much recommend watching if you are interested in joining:

Whilst this style of play is great do not fear that I will not fulfill my role as GM. I have a whole host of ideas and adventures to throw at you, from traps to riddles to monsters you will be faced with many challenges. Whether these challenges are of valor and steel or of cunning and trickery you will not be left disappointed nor unscathed.

Talking about danger it is worth mentioning that this campaign is not for the soft of heart. As a GM I can and will injure, maim and maybe even kill your characters. Do not be put off by this however, as in the magical world of Dungeon World injury even death are not the end of the line. Eyesight may be regained, limbs magically regrown or the party may venture on some valiant quest into the abyss to reclaim the lost soul of one of their fallen companions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adventurers.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	4129

When:

These sessions will be weekly played for 2-3 hours every weekend. Time is flexible however ideally Saturday any time after 1PM CET (Central Europe Time)

Where:

For this campaign we will be using skype and Roll20 (if not familiar with the website Roll20 don't worry). So you will need, headphones, microphone and a webcam (yes a webcam - using webcams will enhance the roll play experience to a new level so don't be shy).

Who:

I am looking for 3 people to join me in this adventure. It will be first come first server and the only requirement is that you are fluent in English. Age, gender and most importantly prior experience does not matter so if someone has never played a PnP RPG now is your chance!

How to prepare:

You will never be prepared! Just kidding, Dungeon World has its own website where you can buy and download the rule book:

http://www.dungeon-world.com/

If however you just want to have a look through the rules to get a feel for the game you can download a pdf of the complete rule book bellow:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...0550221059.pdf

I suggest that you read through the rulebook entirely however for a simple grasp of the game you can get away with reading the first 50 pages or so.

How to enroll:

Simply contact me via my email MGalbraithHelps@gmail.com , tell me a litle about yourself and I will reply and set up a time to meet online in Skype for a quick chat.

About myself:

I am a 23 year old male 2nd year animation student living in London, nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by DISCLAIMER:
    These group sessions are serious events, if you have any doubts about being able to any sessions please understand that this is something everyone else including myself are taking time out of our busy schedules to do. If someone doesnt turn up to a session without warning I will have no choice but to kick them. This being said, we are all reasonable people so if you cant make a session just let me know and we can very easily reschedule.

Thanks for reading this wall of text and I very much hope that I have wet your apatite for adventure.

Looking forward to hearing from you, any questions please contact me or leave a message in the section bellow!

Cheers

Sgt Oddity Aka Max
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-World-678x1024.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	4125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	4126  
    Last edited by SgtOddity; 01-23-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword!" Such were the mans words before my blade pierced his heart...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Willing to try it. I'll admit, I'm kinda iffy about doing online P&P rpg play but there's a first for everything. I will have to figure out what times we will be playing since you're doing it 6 hours ahead of my time I might be at work during a few saturdays. I will notify you as soon as I know when I will be working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe we have a full party currently. I am still talking with people and finalizing their position within the party. If you are still interested Squatchhammer send me a email and I will make sure to keep you under consideration encase someone drops out.

The next campaign after this I might expand the group to 4 people depending on this ones success (by success I mean by how fast I can kill everyone! (Joking!))
    "The pen is mightier than the sword!" Such were the mans words before my blade pierced his heart...