Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1, Act 2: Scene 3 - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    He had nothign to add to the chest so he just climbs in and sit were directed

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

~This is amusing, the drunken old man thinks I need a protector... If he only knew...~

"I am not the one in need of protection." She speaks softly, feeling insulted. "It is our captive companion who needs help, and soon..." She says everything very quietly so only Xiaolong and Cred can hear her inside the carriage.

"You better hope your performance goes well ojiisan... I would rather not see more good people die tonight, and if you fail us... I will make you pay for it..." Emiko gives Xiaolong a burning look with her eyes to warn him.

~Maybe my warning will scare him and make him sober up more... I can't believe he was drinking more once we brought him into our rescue plans. My father used to drink like that... It only made him ignorant, useless, and violent. People who spend most of their time being a drunkard are such a waste of life... Xiaolong mentioned something about him being a failed monk, well, it's no wonder with how much he drinks... Why can't some people learn moderation in their drinking habits? It's not THAT hard...~
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 12-19-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Having not intended on being human right now he wore no weapons to speak of and slips unto the cart.

The blood stains recent as they are made him feel uneasy, but it felt like at first impression this place was basically the dumping ground of anything and everything, and the were rats ruled since the Vul weren't willing to get in a confined area. That meant that 'thugs' were probably far more likely to be met than almost any other individuals.

You can't grow anything that required sunlight, so plants and fresh food was out, it was the sewers so rotten food and refuse was likely quite common; Although a good system could keep things relatively clean (with a little help from magic).

Then there were goods and trade, and likely they had neither. This meant they were likely the richest individuals here in comparison to pretty much everyone else. The carriage would act as a good guard against beggars thieves and thugs, or just those desperate for money and food.

~Iron-break...~ seemed a convenient keyword to use. He repeated the word several times trying to memorize it as he put them on and got into his spot. The scent of blood that wasn't very old stirred his beast, so he opted to go to another corner, course if the drugs (fake or real) had any effect they could help dull the call of the moon.

"Alright boy.. let's get you hooked up..." Sauel spoke softly. "Just try to relax, and sleep until I tell you otherwise, unless they actively hurt you, just sleep it off..."
    Last edited by Narayan; 12-18-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: cart not carriage

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

The Elf "Bodyguard" takes a seat in the carriage as well. Though of course as the bodyguard, he would not be required to stow his weapons. He too notices the bloodstains in the cart behind them as he gets into the carriage and frowns a bit. A sense of unease begins to wash over Arminas' features, though he does his best to maintain his "mean" look to remain in character.
    Last edited by Narayan; 12-18-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: ...needed fixin...

Downloads
    Uploads

Amaya

Quote Originally Posted by Windstar View Post
    Diedra, thinking to herself, this young one has not seen too miles of the road... "Amaya, my dear. I am sure they will have name before long, for no other reason than I have stepped up to assist you if you had needed it with Saeed. Not to mention we entered this city on the same ship." Looking over at Saeed, "I will gather my things and be ready to move within the hour, I also have a war pony and a pack mule, I hope this will not cause any problems?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Saeed: Answers Deidra. "Your war pony and a pack mule won't be a problem. I suggest you both go pack your things together so you can watch each others backs. I will wait here for you. Don't worry about getting a refund, I'll cover it, no trouble at all." He smiles.

Amaya: Amaya sighed softly as she slowly shook her head. "Fine, I guess im left with no choice now" Amaya said as as she pushed herself in her chair back to stand. Amaya stood up and waited a moment on Diedra before leaving to go up and gather "Maybe i should have kept my words to myself and not said anything to them, All it seems i have done is ruin my own plans and get myself derailed" the few things she had up there. Amaya said to herself but not so quiet as that Diedra couldn't hear as they headed up the stairs together. Amaya kept her hood up to cover her face and her arms in crossed under her cloak as she walked up the stairs slowly, not really feeling a need to rush.

Downloads
    Uploads

Xiaolong Shu

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlotus View Post

"You better hope your performance goes well old man... I would rather not see more good people die tonight, and if you fail us... I will make you pay for it..." Emiko gives him a burning look with her eyes to warn him
    "If fail by all mean I leave the fate in hands you. I once knew girl many year ago, come same country you, same fire in eye. She always say me 'Only I defeat you, nobody else' I afraid she no keep the promise. Many year ago this, she may move on next life though heart weigh heavy if true."

Xiaolong said this as he continued to stare forward continually taking a small drag until the tobacco ran out, he then placed the pipe on his lap and chose not to clear out its contents.

~Back then if I knew what would happen to me I would of gave my life to her but, I am no sage. My only skill was with my fists~

Xiaolong has a tear start to well up in the corner of his old face as he reminisced into the distant darkness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Playing the part given him he sits quietly listening his head bowed in submission next to the person playing the part of his master.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

Purusartha and Yorick are both wary as they climb unto the cart. Purusartha is the first to clasp a manacle around his ankle and test the magic command word, which works as promised.

Purusartha: Says to Yorick. "Works like a charm my friend, you need not worry about these chains."

Yorick: Frowns. "I swore I'd never wear chains again." He says hesitating for a moment before he clasps the manacles around his wrists and ankles. All the chains are clasped to rigid iron fixtures that would normally hinder any escape from the cart.

Olo: Produces 3 darts and a vial. He dips each dart in the vial before handing one to each of the werewolves. "These darts are now dosed with the faked drug I told you about. For an hour or so you'll feel no pain, which will aid your pretense of being unconscious. To fit my story that I drugged you with my blowgun you should prick yourself on the neck or in the face with these darts. Although I suppose after a few minutes the marks will likely heal given what you are..." He shrugs.

Purusartha: Takes a dart and sticks it into his neck. (No Save Required) After a moment he starts to blink as a reaction to the drug taking effect. As a test he jabs himself through the skin on his forearm with the dart a few times. Hard enough to normally make himself wince, but as promised he doesn't seem to feel a thing. He looks to Yorick and Sauel. "It works." He says handing that dart back to Olo.

Yorick: Also jabs himself with a dart.

Olo: Waits for Sauel to self-administer the drug before he tucks the darts back into his ammunition supply. "I should probably mention that you may see or hear things down here you wouldn't normally stand for. So if you have to an urge to act before I give the all clear, you need to check yourself unless its absolutely necessary for our survival."

Purusartha nods and lays down on his side as though he had collapsed there. Yorick follows suite. (It is still possible to peek through the railings of the cart while lying down if you are discreet about it)

Olo: "Lets get moving!" He orders the guards as he climbs into the carriage. Two of the guards clamber up unto the driving bench. One takes hold of the reins, the other grabs a loaded crossbow. The other two step up on the iron rungs on the rear corners of the carriage so they can keep a close eye on the cart being pulled behind them.

The driver lashes the donkeys with a long whip before the carriage starts moving with a quick jolt. The streets in the undercity are mostly bare stone to begin with, so there isn't much need for cobblestones, unless they are used as means to fill in holes or otherwise level out the surface. Still in places, the bare rock down here can be quite rough, so at times it makes you wish for cobblestones as the carriage judders and jounces its way along.

The open windows of the carriage have shutters, but Olo gestures that they should be kept open. "Better we see trouble coming as soon as possible." He says.

Last edited by Narayan; 12-19-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

With Purusartha testing the drug and the chains that everything works as promised, he administers the dart given to him on his neck similarly to Purusartha before handing it back. The last one he also administers to Rabi, and gives a few soft words of encouragement to his companion. Within a few seconds the minor jab of pain was a distant memory as the wolf curled up to 'play dead'.

~Don't worry, I'll hold myself in check...~ Sauel thought regarding Olo's comment of things you'd not normally see. It could sometimes be similar in his own world, the Were community and it's structure. Add in a touch of slavery to the probably mostly already poor community and it was basically 'watch your own back'. The Werewolf female alpha above was kind enough that he could tell they had a better environment then what's down here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

Quote Originally Posted by Shun001 View Post
    "If fail by all mean I leave the fate in hands you. I once knew girl many year ago, come same country you, same fire in eye. She always say me 'Only I defeat you, nobody else' I afraid she no keep the promise. Many year ago this, she may move on next life though heart weigh heavy if true."

Xiaolong said this as he continued to stare forward continually taking a small drag until the tobacco ran out, he then placed the pipe on his lap and chose not to clear out its contents.

~Back then if I knew what would happen to me I would of gave my life to her but, I am no sage. My only skill was with my fists~

Xiaolong has a tear start to well up in the corner of his old face as he reminisced into the distant darkness.
    ~Ugh, apparently I need to help him speak the common tongue better... He is making my head hurt... He's even made himself cry... What the... Yeah... He must be drunk still.~

"Keep your composure ojiisan... We can talk later, and I will help you to speak the common tongue better." She whispers just loud enough for Xiaolong to hear her.

{Emiko adjusts herself in her seat as if to say she is done with the conversation and wants to finish their task at hand. She stares out the openings of the carriage to watch the scenery as it passes by.}

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

The carriage moves along at a brisk pace through the darkness, the sound of the drivers whip cracking every so often along with his shouts of "Yah! Yah! Yah!"

This area of the undercity seems quite poorly built compared the surface. As you would expect, most of the structures down here are stone, but some still are made of wood, haphazardly nailed together like over sized shacks. If you had to guess, you'd assume that those who chose to make structures of wood probably did so because they simply weren't skilled enough to do proper masonry work.

The general layout of the undercity streets, lighting, and sewers are similarly crude and less planned. Waste and offal are carried along in c
    rude ditches beside the streets by trickles of filthy water. There are no street-lamps, so what lighting there is on the streets is simply provided by whatever lamps people may keep on the adjoining buildings.

The people moving through the streets seem generally far more unhappy and dangerous then those on the surface. Some openly carry weapons in their hands as thought they might hack down the next person they come across. You do notice that Olo's carriage, or perhaps just the banners it carries, mean something to most of the people here who quickly make way for it.

Olo: "This area of the undercity is called 'Gatetown' because its closest to the main gates. My own home isn't too far from here. It looks poor to you no doubt, but most of the slaves working the mines would consider any sort of roof and a warm place to sleep a luxury."

"My job as gatekeeper is mostly ensuring nothing is smuggled in or out that isn't properly taxed. I also watch out for runaway slaves. But the worst part of my job, if I am too be completely honest, is keeping people in that wish to escape."

"Life in Gatetown is most similar to that on the surface, which makes it easier for newcomers.
    They'll end up working in a business or trade, renting a small home for themselves if they can't afford to build one. Also, because Gatetown is officially controlled by the king, newcomers feel safer under the protection of the kings guards."

"But, the wererat clans are still free to do commerce here and thus often prey on these newcomers who are easy prey for intimidation, robbery and theft. Facing down a group of bloodthirsty wererats is no easy thing, so the guards most often look the other way. And thus, probably half of those who try to make a life for themselves away from the Vul end up at my gates begging to be let out."

"But leaving the undercity is a privilege, not a right... it requires a 'pass' and a hefty toll. If they can't pay, I have to turn them away or arrest them. And down here, if you can't pay the fine for being arrested you end up working the mines as a slave."

"We are currently headed towards where the king lives, or 'Kysers Domain' as it is also known. Which consists of multiple levels and sub-levels. I wish I could be more detailed but trying to map out the whole undercity is quite a challenge. Even our official maps lack the whole picture."

"But suffice to say, Kysers Domain is the largest territory. Around it on all sides, except the east where we are in Gatetown, are the territories of the wererat clans which occupy the older abandoned mines. However, new caverns are being discovered all the time as the mines expand ever outward and downward."

"Thus, real estate is often cheap in the undercity... it's protecting your holdings that's expensive. Most of the kings officials are terribly corrupt. So even if you're lucky enough to live in Gatetown or his inner-domain, there are always bribes that must be paid to stay safe."

"I
    f you are a wererat who's sworn allegiance to an Alpha, l
    iving in the territories of the wererat clans can be far safer because they are generally more capable and serious with their security then the kings guards are for everyone else. But serving a wererat clan without adopting the curse of lycanthropy can be risky. Non wererats are always considered second-class citizens, especially among the wererat clans."

"Wandering into an area controlled by the wererat clans is usually fatal for anyone but a kings official, and sometimes even for them. The route I have planned for us to reach Ghost will pass through two separate wererat clan territories. Namely the 'RatsMoon' clan, and the 'RatKeeper' clan. The Underhearth Inn lies on the outskirts of the RatKeeper clan territory, which we can only reach by passing through the RatsMoon clans territory first."

"Technically, if we were to travel through Kysers domain we could avoid the RatsMoon clan because all the wererat clan territories connect to Kysers Domain. Yet, I feel passing through the RatsMoon clan territory is the lesser risk. We do not want to try and explain ourselves to one of the kings officials..."

"Chief RatsMoon is a mysterious figure, some even say mad. He isn't a follower of Vermithrax at least, but he leads a cult of underground druids that are almost as wicked. Rumor has it they often capture or kidnap innocents to use in dark sacrifices. And on the night of the full moon, it is claimed Chief RatsMoon and his most powerful warriors can become incorporeal... allowing them access to wherever their enemies might be hiding."

Last edited by Narayan; 12-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Xiaolong nodded his head listening carefully to not only what Olo had to say but keeping his ears open for any other outside noise that may potentially be harmful to the caravan. (ready to listen check)

~Ratmen eh? hopefully their keen nose and sharp ears does not lead us into trouble, avoiding them will not be entirely possible but let us see how long we can make this arrangement last.~

Downloads
    Uploads

CRed

Cred quietly sits next to his supposed owner, his keen eyes and ears adjust quickly to the dark as he watches the shadows most can see into. listening for things others may not notice. the underground and darkness is the home his people dwell within in. to him in a twisted way, this is a kind of home for him. For now he watches for signs of trouble

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

The wood elf quietly watches from his place in the carriage, the mean scowl still apparent on his face, as he tries to remain in character, listening intently as Olo explains the area and its inner workings. ~Looks can certainly be deceiving. But I don't doubt that this area is dangerous. Sehanine give us strength.~

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya, Deidra, Saeed

You and Deidra collect your things without any trouble. Saeed summons his carriage to meet you out front. It's large enough to seat four, with room for your things in a chest attached to the back. Deidra can tie her pony and pack mule to the back. Two men ride on the drivers bench up front, both well armed and armored, heavily scarred and very dangerous looking.

Saeed: "These are my personal guards, ex-gladiators of mine. Brosh and Kamal." He says gesturing to each before telling them. "Let's take these ladies by Gael's place." He says.

The carriage whisks you through the street by the docks where you glimpse the ship you came in on through the shuttered windows. It seems the situation in the streets is getting worse, with squads of city guards arresting people by the dozens.

Suddenly, a squad emerges from an alley blocking the path of your carriage. The horses whinny and neigh, stamping impatiently as they are forced to halt mid-trot. You hear the guards on the drivers bench curse loudly.

Saeed: "What's this?!" He groans, leaning over to look out the carriage window. "Ah... the guards..." He groans. "Don't worry ladies, this won't take long." He says.

The guards surround the carriage, demanding Saeed's men raise their hands. Then the guard sergeant steps up to the carriage door demanding that it be opened. Saeed obliges. The sergeant's expression shifts dramatically from someone eager to dish out cruelty to someone who made a serious mistake.

Sergeant: "Oh! My apologies Saeed, I didn't realize this was your carriage!"

Saeed: "That's quite all right, I know you were just doing your job."

Sergeant: Glances at the two of you inside the cab. "Ah, I see you have company. Heading home?"

Saeed: "Yes, after I drop these ladies off. It seems tonight would be a bad night to go out and enjoy ourselves."

Sergeant: "Yes that's true, rumor is there were some dangerous lycanthropes fighting in the streets. They killed a Vulkyrie, the bastards... but no worries. We're searching everywhere, we'll track them down! But you know how it is, I have to stop everyone and ask questions."

Saeed: "I understand, best of luck with your search... by the way, do you and your men enjoy the Arena?"

Sergeant: "Of course! I go as often as I can. Great stuff!"

Saeed: Produces a parchment. "This is a personal invitation to tomorrows match, you'll even have seats in a private booth."

Sergeant: Eagerly takes the invitation. "Thank you!" He grins.

Saeed: Smiles "No trouble at all! But do you think we could keep moving? I want to get these ladies home safely as soon as possible."

Sergeant: "Oh... yes of course, good idea. And thanks again!" He says slipping the invitation into his cloak.

Saeed: "Sorry about that." He says to both of you as the carriage starts moving again.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast