Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1, Act 2: Scene 3 - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 180

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 3

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    (If you say I can then it is so) He removes his cloak then tucks his most sacred of holy Items under his armor and shirt. those who look see him quickly tuck an amulet under his tunic; that looks of gold and more. Because if my sacred Item is found the guise of me being a slave is blown. it is easier to hide the amulet under a cloak and armor then it is a basic tunic. If the under city is full of those with a keen eye. Any slave who is hiding something will probably be found out. If you feel it can go without notice, then I will trust your judgment.
    ( what people would of spotted and why on a small creature as a 2ft tall Kolbold, it might not be easily hidden: amulet is approximately 3" in diameter, made of fine silver with the symbol of Userrwroth carefully set in gold. Four different precious gems adorn the amulet. An emerald, a sapphire, a ruby, and a diamond. The words, "Service to Userrwroth is service to dragonkind" are inset around the outside in draconic.)
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 12-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    52
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas Mithrandir

    Arminas nods solemnly at the suggestion, locating a mirror for himself, and applying some of the face paints around his eyes, nose and mouth. Afterwards, he dons the necklace of goblin skulls, and looks back to the others for approval.

    ((Here is an image I found for a decent tribal paint. http://www.francisvachon.com/blog/wp...g-dress-01.jpg ))

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    Xiaolong finished dressing in the back and meets up with the rest the group.

    "You dare talk me that way, I very powerful! Travel very far catch a the beautiful slave in foreign land! You speak with the respect!" Xiaolong says this with a very stern face, then the face softens to a smile as he tries not to laugh.

    "This the fun, how I look?"
    Xiaolong states to the group with a grin, he then reaches under his disguise to retrieve his flask. The flask was opened then raised to his lips to his dismay only a partial gulp was left. He shook the container then looked into the hole as if magically wishing it held more alcohol.

    "Oh no, long day this the be."


    He had a sad expression knowing he would be sober until he could refill.
    Olo: Nods appreciatively at Xiaolong. "Yes! Like that very good. And remember, you were invited here by King Kyser, or the 'Underking' if you prefer. Only wererats refer to him as the 'Rat King' so try not to use that term."

    Quote Originally Posted by Crdechzkragar
    (If you say I can then it is so) He removes his cloak then tucks his most sacred of holy Items under his armor and shirt. those who look see him quickly tuck an amulet under his tunic; that looks of gold and more. "Because if my sacred Item is found the guise of me being a slave is blown. it is easier to hide the amulet under a cloak and armor then it is a basic tunic. If the under city is full of those with a keen eye. Any slave who is hiding something will probably be found out. If you feel it can go without notice, then I will trust your judgment."

    ( what people would of spotted and why on a small creature as a 2ft tall Kolbold, it might not be easily hidden: amulet is approximately 3" in diameter, made of fine silver with the symbol of Userrwroth carefully set in gold. Four different precious gems adorn the amulet. An emerald, a sapphire, a ruby, and a diamond. The words, "Service to Userrwroth is service to dragonkind" are inset around the outside in draconic.)
    Olo: Looks to Cred. "That's a valuable looking amulet, perhaps it would be better not to wear it for the time being."

    Purusartha: Speaks up on Cred's behalf. "I don't think that's something he wants to do. That amulet is blessed by his god and we'll need the spells his god provides on this mission. Tucking the amulet under his clothes will have to do."

    Olo:​ Shrugs. "Very well."


    Quote Originally Posted by Arminas
    Arminas nods solemnly at the suggestion, locating a mirror for himself, and applying some of the face paints around his eyes, nose and mouth. Afterwards, he dons the necklace of goblin skulls, and looks back to the others for approval.

    ((Here is an image I found for a decent tribal paint. http://www.francisvachon.com/blog/wp...g-dress-01.jpg ))
    Olo: Nods appreciately at Arminas' face paint. "Excellent! Ok then, looks like we're ready to get on with it. Let's try and stay in-character from this point on..." He says pulling his cloaks hood back to be more easily recognizable, pushing his cloak back over his shoulders revealing a pin of sorts affixed to his chest marking him as a gatekeeper. Olo reaches down and grabs his portable hole again, folding it up and placing it back in a belt pouch.

    [Arminas, Make a spot check please...]

    Olo: "Xiaolong, stay behind me with your geisha and your kobold slave on your heels followed by your bodyguards. You prisoners keep yourselves cloaked until we get you secured in the cart.
    Don't be alarmed, two of my men are standing outside this door making sure nobody came in here to steal my portal. I also have two more men outside watching the carriage. They are aware that I am up to something of course, but Thiara is paying us all so well they won't complain. Just try not to make them nervous." He says grabbing the oil lamp again before he opens the door.

    Two Akhenaten men holding polearms, dressed in chainmail, flank the door and turn to regard Olo.

    Olo: "We're ready." He tells them, gesturing for the rest of you to follow him.

    The sounds of a busy common room down the hall floods in from the open doorway.

    [What do you do?]

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Before the halfling opens the door, Emiko folds up her cloak and put's it in her pack. She gives her pack to Cael for safe keeping. She feels around her waist for the dagger she put in her belt, and makes sure it is well hidden underneath her fake kimono. Emiko picks up Kitsune and holds her like a noble lady would hold her small dog.}

    ~I know this must be insulting for you Kit... you are no lap dog, but I must suffer through this as well... I hope that we won't be discovered... It's so uncomfortable in this outfit... Luckily I washed up at Wrusk's place, so I at least smell like a lady too. I love this jasmine soap... I wonder if I will be able to find a merchant that sells it again once I run out... Wait... Why am I thinking of soap at a time like this?! I must focus...~

    {Emiko proceeds forward to follow the rest of the group, staying close to Xiaolong. She makes sure to keep her posture as straight and elegant as possible, and moves slow and graceful like a lady. She keeps a subtle emotionless smile upon her face to uphold her performance as a Geisha. Keeping her eyes to herself, she makes an effort not to look anyone in the face. She is now a living doll.}

    (Here is my sheet for a reference of her appearance again:
    My Character Sheet
    , just imagine this makeup on her face with her red eyes: Her Makeup, and her hair would be styled like this, but white and with fake flowers added too: Her Hair)
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 12-17-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: forgot hair

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong made his way out to the cart walking leisurely with a scowl on his face, his eyebrows hung low making his eyes barely visible. He proceeded to take out his pipe and put a small amount of tobacco into the tip, he lit it and inhaled carefully, much slower and more leisurely then he did earlier at the tavern.

    ~I think I am hung over, though I have much more to deal with presently then my next drink. I hope I can hold on until tonight~
    Xiaolong thought to himself.
    Last edited by Shun001; 12-17-2013 at 04:35 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0

    Deidra

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanarus View Post
    Amaya: Amaya looked at Saeed a second while she listened to what he had to say and though about all that was going on. She really had no intention of any of this happening it wasn't part of her plans. Maybe it was just one side of her but it was saying to go with the flow and relax alittle. Amaya still didn't really see how Saeed was in her debt in any way, she just did one of the more logical actions that had come to mind at the instant after all. As she started to think, she realized she was mainly worried about getting into a situation around here where she couldn't land on her feet after a fall. "Fine, it doesn't seem like i have much of a choice in the matter after it seems i dragged myself into this situation." Amaya said before turning to look at Deidra. "But you know your free to do what you came here to do.... I mean the thugs didn't see you with me or Saeed so.. your pretty much safe." Amaya said while trying to figure everything out, she liked having a plan of some sort and everything that happened over the past half hour or so just tossed her plans out the window apparently.
    Diedra, thinking to herself, this young one has not seen too miles of the road... "Amaya, my dear. I am sure they will have name before long, for no other reason than I have stepped up to assist you if you had needed it with Saeed. Not to mention we entered this city on the same ship." Looking over at Saeed, "I will gather my things and be ready to move within the hour, I also have a war pony and a pack mule, I hope this will not cause any problems?"
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    52
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas Mithrandir

    Arminas takes a deep breath, before Olo closes up the portable hole. "I just hope that these disguises are suitable enough to get the job done." The elf starts furrowing his brow, and releasing again a few times, to get his meanest scowl ready to be in place.

    (( 1D20+12 => 20Spot ))


    Last edited by Riderpride; 12-17-2013 at 10:15 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Quote Originally Posted by Arminas View Post
    (( 1D20+12 => 20Spot ))

    [Arminas: You are closer to Olo this time when he picks up the portal and begins to fold it so you have a better glimpse of the material it's made of. It seems not to be made of cloth exactly, but rather some exotic type of spiders silk. You only recognize it because you've seen that sort of material before when you encountered the Drow.]

    (Olo does not notice your change of expression at this realization, so it is possible for you not to mention it and he will be none the wiser. Besides, as you are all about to carry on with the next phase of your mission it is probably not the right moment to confront him about it or make a scene.)

    [Arminas, What do you do?]

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Assuming the slave role is still on the table for him, he finds a bit of cloth to use as a bandage and cuts himself soaking some pieces of the bandage in his blood. He then cuts his tunic in a way to look like he had been punished so that his tunic will also have some blood on it and the blood soak bandage under it will make sence. he heals himself, then wraps the bandaging over his amulet using a wad of blood soaked cloth to compress over the amulet, hiding it under the bandage. then slips leash onto the collar and then hands it to the person who is suppose to be his master. a pack of supplies for his master (IE his stuff or what ever else he is given to carry),and with his head bowed in submission he follows them into the under-city.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel began to feel tense as they were about to leave the room. True they would only be pretending assuming their source of help was genuine, otherwise this could become very real very fast. Giving a nod that he was as good as ready they would next move to the prisoner carriage where they would be locked up and at least one of them given the unlocking phrase at the off-chance something happened.

    "Rabi, you're going to have to play dead for a while..." Sauel half whispered to his companion, looking Rabi he could the wolf was getting rather tired, more so than the rest of them could hide. It was possible he would sleep through most of it, so long as he wasn't prodded too heavily. "Don't worry, we should be fine..."

    Truth was if they didn't get sleep in the next several hours they would likely pass out, not a good thought based on where they were at. "After this we'll get some rest..."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Amaya, Deidra, Saeed

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    Amaya: "Fine, it doesn't seem like i have much of a choice in the matter after it seems i dragged myself into this situation." Amaya said before turning to look at Deidra. "But you know your free to do what you came here to do.... I mean the thugs didn't see you with me or Saeed so.. your pretty much safe."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidra
    Diedra: "Amaya, I am sure they will have our names before long, for no other reason than I have stepped up to assist you if you had needed it with Saeed. Not to mention we entered this city on the same ship." Looking over at Saeed, "I will gather my things and be ready to move within the hour, I also have a war pony and a pack mule, I hope this will not cause any problems?"
    Saeed: Answers Deidra. "Your war pony and a pack mule won't be a problem. I suggest you both go pack your things together so you can watch each others backs. I will wait here for you. Don't worry about getting a refund, I'll cover it, no trouble at all." He smiles.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    52
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas Mithrandir

    The strider takes a mental note of the fabric from the portable hole, stowing it away for later. ~Spider's silk. Interesting.~ Saying nothing to the issue, Arminas simply remains quiet, mentally preparing for the next leg of the mission.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Olo's men nod, stepping aside for all of you to exit the storage room into the hall. The Laughing Skull inn appears rather shoddily built compared to structures on the surface. The beams and planks used in its construction were clearly cobbled together as an odd assortment in the first place, and are such poorly cut and fitted, creaking loudly as you put weight on them. The voices you hear from the common room are quite brash and obnoxious, you even think you hear shouting and perhaps sobbing as though someone is hurt, yet nobody appears to care.

    Olo's men are dressed in plain chain mail, rather worse for wear in need of a good scrubbing. Their cloaks are dirty and unkempt and their faces are poorly shaven. Both them look rather worried as they watch you file out past them, glancing at each other and whispering. Once you've all passed by, they follow you like a rear-guard while Olo leads the way out back.

    Though you were expecting to see you are underground once you exit the inn, the actual fact seems more shocking in person. A deep, engulfing darkness looms all around you, much worse then a moonless overcast sky.

    The air is strangely stale and still, with no hint of a breeze. Sounds seem both near and far as the cavern walls makes all the noises echo and blend together. At the moment, besides the oil lamp that Olo carries with him, there are two more lamps on his carriage providing small spheres of light.

    His carriage is sturdy and functional, bearing the banners and the standard of King Kyser.
    The cab of the carriage is large enough to seat six, with iron rungs affixed to the exterior for four additional passengers to hang off its corners. Four shaggy donkeys are harnessed to it, shoe'd with iron horseshoes to keep their hooves intact on the stony ground. Connected to the rear of the carriage is a cart, complete with rigid iron fixtures and heavy-looking iron chains.

    The other pair of Olo's men by the carriage, dressed the same as the others, stand to attention as Olo emerges with the rest of you.

    Olo: Glances about before addressing his men. "All clear?" They nod, so he steps up to his cart and pulls open its doors on one side. "Get in!" He says to Xiaolong and his entourage. Then he steps to the rear of his carriage which has a very large chest attached to it which he opens.

    "Place any weapons you can't easily conceal inside this chest."
    He says to Purusartha, Sauel and Yorick before stepping behind the cart, reaching up to fold down the rear railing which also doubles as a sort of step.

    "Climb on and attach your manacles!" He says to the 'prisoners', adding in a low voice... "The command word to open them is ironbreak." You are also rather alarmed to notice that the bed of the cart is covered in bloodstains, some old, some perhaps as fresh as yesterday.

    [What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 12-17-2013 at 11:52 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    ~An interesting method of transportation in an underground city... I hope the others can keep their strength. They must be exhausted by now... and now to put up this performance? So very tiring...~

    {Emiko steps up into the carriage after Xiaolong. She checks her seat to make sure it is clean before she sits, moving very lady-like. She takes the seat across from Xiaolong, and stays silent, observing her surroundings. She shows no emotions upon her face, it stays lifeless as a doll. She softly pets Kitsune in her lap, as the little fox starts to drift off to sleep from exhaustion. Emiko begins to rest herself as well, doing a sort of private meditation to relax herself.}

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Xiaolong Shu

    (Listen check =>12 failed)

    Xiaolong seems to have something obstructing his ears when he walked past the guards, He decides to just keep on walking to the carriage and takes his seat. Slowly smoking his pipe he kept his head up high with a stern face concentrating his gaze forwards into the distance.

    ~I feel nervous, even with all my nerves that I trained up as a monk, I feel worried for these people~

    "Stay close me, I protect" Xiaolong whispered to his ride along companions letting out a small smile but being careful as to not look too out of character.

    He inhales weakly and lets out a small ball of smoke.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •