Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 3

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Xiaolong, Yorick

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    The conversation switching to drow made Sauel frown, his personal experience in that field was nil. With a shake of his head he answered "No, never fought them. Most of my time has been in the protective custody of the pack (in one way or another) and not too far away from them until now. You might have to give us all a quick review of what they are like and how they fight."

​Purusartha:
    Smirks "The very fact you haven't fought them is probably why you're still around to say so. Yes, we should talk about them if we hope to stay alive down here." Puru says leading you both back towards the group.
    Last edited by Narayan; 01-20-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
    Gael: "I probably know nearly everything there is to know about her. As I said we grew up together, but our childhood wasn't exactly fun and games. This land is very dangerous for weretigers like us. Over the centuries, our kind have been ruthlessly hunted to near-extinction by the dreaded Vulkyrie."

"Things started to get really bad before Baron Zomok rose to power. Your mother and I were some of the last of our generation to be born in the Namirseua clan. The last clan with ancient roots."

"However, when Baron Zomok's predecessor earned the wrath of our Alpha, he ordered us to rise up and destroy him. Which we did, but at great cost... The Alpha himself was killed leading the attack, and our numbers have never since recovered."

"The surviving elders of our clan decided that we must enter a period of seclusion to regain our strength. They also sought to seek help from other clans further abroad. To that end, your mother was one of those chosen to go south. I on the other hand, went east... where I met my husband Taros."
    She says turning to regard him fondly.

Taros: smiles back. "I remember. Our history together is quite a story." He says with a chuckle.

Amaya:
    Amaya listened to Gael as she spoke, almost spitting her milk out rudely once she heard Geal was a were tiger as well. "Wait.. what??? your a..." Amaya paused to listen to the rest of what Gael had to say. hearing that they number of their kind had never recovered made Amaya sad, looking down into her glass of milk as she continued to listen. Once Gael was done speaking, Amaya looked back at her. "Well to have a place like this, you must have been back here a long while, and from the sounds of it you didn't find any others. While on the other hand my mother didn't find any others and didn't really look. Then once my father passed she left me and ran away." Amaya said with a glint of anger in her eyes at the memory.
    Last edited by Narayan; 01-20-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    Amaya: Amaya listened to Gael as she spoke, almost spitting her milk out rudely once she heard Geal was a were tiger as well. "Wait.. what??? your a..." Amaya paused to listen to the rest of what Gael had to say. hearing that they number of their kind had never recovered made Amaya sad, looking down into her glass of milk as she continued to listen. Once Gael was done speaking, Amaya looked back at her. "Well to have a place like this, you must have been back here a long while, and from the sounds of it you didn't find any others. While on the other hand my mother didn't find any others and didn't really look. Then once my father passed she left me and ran away." Amaya said with a glint of anger in her eyes at the memory.
    Gael: Looks sympathetic "It must feel like your mother abandoned you, especially leaving after your father died. But she had her reasons. You must understand that weretigers like us can't lead normal lives. We are all burdened with the survival of our clan which requires us to take on great risk, responsibility and sacrifice."

"You say she wasn't actively looking for others while you were growing up? That's not true, she just avoided involving you when you were by her side, no doubt for your own safety. I assure you, there was a lot she was doing that you weren't aware of. Perhaps while you were sleeping for example."

"Awanseiga didn't leave you behind because she wanted too. She left because she was called home by the elders, and she wanted to give you the chance to live a life of your choosing in the south. I've already explained how dangerous Vulkh is for our kind. Maharatha on the other hand, is a haven and a stronghold for weretigers."

"There are many thriving clans down there, but they all look down on us. Awanseiga had a difficult task trying to convince them to help our struggle. The best way to coax their cooperation was to live as one of them and raise a family."

"I wish I could tell you more about what she might be doing now, but the elders strictly forbid us to speak of clan secrets to outsiders. I've already told you more then I should have, because of the love I bear my lifelong friend, but now you must decide what you wish to do?"

"It is possible for you to petition entry into the Namirseua
    clan. That is your right, but acceptance is far from guaranteed, and you should first be sure that is what you want."

Taros: "We're glad to have you here Amaya, but we won't always be here. You'll need to have a plan for yourself. Whatever it is, we'll do our best to help."
    Last edited by Narayan; 01-20-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Emiko (Posted on her behalf via text message)

Emiko: Emiko looks concerned at Puru and Sauel walking off alone together to share some private words, but since she wasn't privy to their conversation she decides to take a moment to remove her cumbersome kimono. Not the makeup however, that she decides to keep on for now.

Emiko does remove the comb, flowers, and sticks from her long white hair, loosely tying it up off her shoulders with a bit of string. Stepping over to Cael's body, she wraps him in the fancy cloth from her disguise, tucking the flowers and other things from her hair into his folded arms. She pulls a piece of chalk from her pocket, and crumbles the tip in her fingers to draw the Katanese symbol for protection on Cael's forhead. After a somber moment, she stands and speaks to Olo, relieved at his suggestion.

"Yes Olo, I agree that sounds like the best option. Thank you for your kindness..." She says before stepping up to the carriage and grabbing Kit, whom she secures back in her pack. But as she lifts it she cringes from the lingering pain dealt by the spirit weapon.

"Cred, is there anything you can do to help with my arm please? I saw you heal the others... I figured you might be able to do the same for me?" She asks nicely.

When she hears Olo mention Drow
    (Knowledge Dungeoneering Check: = 9) she steps over to his side and speaks up on the subject, addressing the whole group.

"I only know only a few things about the Drow from books and my sensei. They look like dark skinned, light haired versions of Arminas' race. Women rule within their culture, and they fancy spiders. I have a feeling this means there will be more poison to deal with, and they'll likely move and quick and silent like spiders as well."

Downloads
    Uploads

Amaya

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Gael: Looks sympathetic "It must feel like your mother abandoned you, especially leaving after your father died. But she had her reasons. You must understand that weretigers like us can't lead normal lives. We are all burdened with the survival of our clan which requires us to take on great risk, responsibility and sacrifice."

"You say she wasn't actively looking for others while you were growing up? That's not true, she just avoided involving you when you were by her side, no doubt for your own safety. I assure you, there was a lot she was doing that you weren't aware of. Perhaps while you were sleeping for example."

"Awanseiga didn't leave you behind because she wanted too. She left because she was called home by the elders, and she wanted to give you the chance to live a life of your choosing in the south. I've already explained how dangerous Vulkh is for our kind. Maharatha on the other hand, is a haven and a stronghold for weretigers."

"There are many thriving clans down there, but they all look down on us. Awanseiga had a difficult task trying to convince them to help our struggle. The best way to coax their cooperation was to live as one of them and raise a family."

"I wish I could tell you more about what she might be doing now, but the elders strictly forbid us to speak of clan secrets to outsiders. I've already told you more then I should have, because of the love I bear my lifelong friend, but now you must decide what you wish to do?"

"It is possible for you to petition entry into the Namirseua
    clan. That is your right, but acceptance is far from guaranteed, and you should first be sure that is what you want."

Taros: "We're glad to have you here Amaya, but we won't always be here. You'll need to have a plan for yourself. Whatever it is, we'll do our best to help."
    Amaya: Amaya remained silent with a little bit of anger and disdain in her eyes as Gael spoke about her mother. There was surly no way that her mother left her just for these elder fools. "So apparently i meant less to my mother then i had first thought" Amaya said softly. "What do you mean i can Petition for entry into the Namirseua clan? and how could you not tell me more, I am no OUTSIDER!" Amaya said raising her voice slightly as she began to get more angry. "And when exactly did you or Saeed figure out what i am?" Amaya asked, he voice still portraying the anger she was feeling.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya, Gael, Taros

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    Amaya: Amaya remained silent with a little bit of anger and disdain in her eyes as Gael spoke about her mother. There was surely no way that her mother left her just for these elder fools. "So apparently i meant less to my mother then i had first thought" Amaya said softly. "What do you mean i can Petition for entry into the Namirseua clan? and how could you not tell me more, I am no OUTSIDER!" Amaya said raising her voice slightly as she began to get more angry. "And when exactly did you or Saeed figure out what i am?" Amaya asked, he voice still portraying the anger she was feeling.
    Gael: Exchanges a concerned look with Taros. "Please don't get angry Amaya... You must be a weretiger because your mother was. Don't you know that's how the curse works? It's passed on by blood from parent to child. If you have children someday, they'll carry it as well... I'm sorry I assumed you knew? That's common knowledge to most lycanthropes."

"If Awanseiga brought you back with her, you'd have no choice but to join the clan and loose much of the freedom you had in the south. You've never lived in Vulkh before which is why they'll call you an outsider. Life is hard and often dangerous for us here. It's quite fortunate you met Saeed when you did, or it might be you hunted in the streets tonight."

"It's true I live in relative luxury compared to most, but that's only because I'm almost an elder myself at this point. I've suffered enough to earn the right to some peace..."

At this point, Gael's voice starts to break with emotion... and Taros reaches over to clasp her shoulder comfortingly.

Taros: "Amaya, I'm not your father, I won't tell you what to do... but you should know how hard it is for us to hear you balk at the chance of a safer life in the south. When Gael was called back we were raising two children in the east. If they had stayed there, they would probably still be alive. We think about them everyday and what serving her clan has cost us."

Downloads
    Uploads

Cred

After all the carnage is over with and the dead searched, He slips silently from under the wagon moving to climb into it back to his old position. He is running out of spells and all he can do for now is patch people up. Grabbing his medical gear the returns to the group looking to see who is in need of his medical care. While he looks over the people here he also listens to the conversations of those in the group.

~hmm Drow who control the bug bears. this is not good, why are there incursion into the rat kings territory, if I understand the areas correctly. Just means we must be on our guard even more.~

Moving to the most Injured of those here so he can properly care for there wounds. With a Prayer to Userrwroth he begins to care for them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

Arminas' eyes almost glow red when the mention of the Drow comes up in conversation. "I could tell you almost everything you need to know about the accursed Drow. Emiko is right, they are Elf as much as I am, but originated underground. They worship a demon goddess by the name of Lolth, and do indeed fancy spiders. They are a civilization like no other, they have their own hierarchy, and the list of warrior types that they train could rival multiple realms at once. But the ones you should fear the most are the half-Drow, half-spider monstrosities known as Driders. Not to mention the Draegoloths, a monster birthed of a Lolth High Priestess and a Glabrezu demon. Shadow assassins, poison masters, psychic inquisitors, they are the epitome of evil in my home realm.

I have hunted them for quite some time, learning everything I can about them, and exterminating them from the face of the Material plane. If these beasts answer to them, then this has become more serious than initially anticipated. They cannot be taken lightly, nor should they be underestimated. But they bleed, just like you and me. They can be killed. I have done so myself. And if they are the ones behind this, I will do so again, until none remain standing."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Sauel takes a few moments to re-don the clothing he had worn in the carriage before pulling out his own healer kit, doing similar to Cred with patching up Olo's guards (if they haven't disappeared yet) and their own band of random strangers. Seeing as likely no one else was willing to get near the WereBull Sauel approaches him giving him a few feet breadth and voicing his offer and intentions to patch his likely already somewhat healing wounds.

Arminas's very vocal words regarding drow made Sauel raise his eyebrow, sure he had heard of some relationship of spiders, Lolth, and them being elves, but there was something very personal the way Arminas took offense to the idea of drow being down here.
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 01-23-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Amaya

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Gael: Exchanges a concerned look with Taros. "Please don't get angry Amaya... You must be a weretiger because your mother was. Don't you know that's how the curse works? It's passed on by blood from parent to child. If you have children someday, they'll carry it as well... I'm sorry I assumed you knew? That's common knowledge to most lycanthropes."

"If Awanseiga brought you back with her, you'd have no choice but to join the clan and loose much of the freedom you had in the south. You've never lived in Vulkh before which is why they'll call you an outsider. Life is hard and often dangerous for us here. It's quite fortunate you met Saeed when you did, or it might be you hunted in the streets tonight."

"It's true I live in relative luxury compared to most, but that's only because I'm almost an elder myself at this point. I've suffered enough to earn the right to some peace..."

At this point, Gael's voice starts to break with emotion... and Taros reaches over to clasp her shoulder comfortingly.

Taros: "Amaya, I'm not your father, I won't tell you what to do... but you should know how hard it is for us to hear you balk at the chance of a safer life in the south. When Gael was called back we were raising two children in the east. If they had stayed there, they would probably still be alive. We think about them everyday and what serving her clan has cost us."

Amaya: Amaya listened to what what was said, not sure exactly what to say in reply. But as she listened, tears started to well up in her eyes. Emotions of anger mixed with sadness and the like flowed through her veins. Tears started to run down her face as she heard what Taros said. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to.... " Amaya couldn't finish what she was saying, putting her glass down on the table she curled up into a ball on the chair. She felt lost, unsure of what to do or say and sorry that she caused Taros and Gael sorrow when all they had done so far was try to help.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Arminas
    Arminas' eyes almost glow red when the mention of the Drow comes up in conversation. "I could tell you almost everything you need to know about the accursed Drow. Emiko is right, they are Elf as much as I am, but originated underground. They worship a demon goddess by the name of Lolth, and do indeed fancy spiders. They are a civilization like no other, they have their own hierarchy, and the list of warrior types that they train could rival multiple realms at once. But the ones you should fear the most are the half-Drow, half-spider monstrosities known as Driders. Not to mention the Draegoloths, a monster birthed of a Lolth High Priestess and a Glabrezu demon. Shadow assassins, poison masters, psychic inquisitors, they are the epitome of evil in my home realm.

I have hunted them for quite some time, learning everything I can about them, and exterminating them from the face of the Material plane. If these beasts answer to them, then this has become more serious than initially anticipated. They cannot be taken lightly, nor should they be underestimated. But they bleed, just like you and me. They can be killed. I have done so myself. And if they are the ones behind this, I will do so again, until none remain standing."
    Purusartha: Stoops to pick up Xiaolong's pipe off the ground, brushing it clean and tucking it away in his robes until which time he could return it to him. He steps between Arminas and Olo. "Thank you for your words of warning Arminas. Your experience fighting dark elves should prove invaluable to us. I've always taken care to avoid them but I have glimpsed them once or twice in my many years of adventuring."

Olo: Nods. "I too have experience with them. About fifteen years ago, my village was raided by Drow. I was taken captive and spent several years in slavery down here in the depths of the underdark... but eventually escaped." He says bitterly.

Purusartha: Nods soberly. "I have come across remote villages and campsites raided by Drow before. The evidence of their attack was horrific. There were never survivors. Drow do not allow any living witnesses to speak of their deeds. Only the bodies left behind hint to their savagery and cold-blooded cruelty.

"Drow consider all who live under the sun their enemy. Women, children, it makes no difference to them... all will be butchered, enslaved, or captured to honor their dark goddess with sacrifice... I am sorry for your ordeal Olo, it must have been a living hell to be dragged down here like that."

Olo: "
    I was lucky to escape, but I have no intention of being captured again. SO LISTEN CLOSELY EVERYONE!" He says loudly to get everyone's attention. "These bugbears were just a raiding party. They were probing the borders of the Undercity for weaknesses. They are completely expendable as far as the Drow are concerned. But do not be fooled. Just because they are allowed to die doesn't mean their deaths are ignored."

Olo stoops down and snatches one of the iron medallions from around the neck of a bugbear, careful to avoid touching it directly.

"Each one of these medallions bares an insignia of a drow household. The same household that outfitted, trained, and tasked these bugbears to go raiding. Do not be fooled. These medallions are not as crude and cheap as they appear. Each one is sure to be magically enchanted."

"One cannot be certain what the actual enchantments are, but for minions like this, they will likely be used to track their movements and keep tabs on their health. It is therefore likely their masters already know these bugbears were defeated and where we are exactly. They might be attempting to scry on us as we speak..."

He says, pausing to look at everyone with earnest seriousness.

"...But no matter. We will press on! Just remember that every evil rumor you heard about the Drow is probably an understatement. In many regards Drow are as dangerous as the Vul. True they may not be as physically strong, but their capacity for cruelty and affinity for dark magic make them a truly wicked foe. They are creatures of darkness through-and-through, which means they abhor daylight and bright light of any sort."

"Even their minions, like these bugbears, are trained to use tactics similar to their own. They ambushed us from a position out of range of our lanterns, engaging us first with missile weapons and spells. If these had been actual Drow warriors and wizards, we would have had a much harder time defeating them."

"As Emiko suggested, they are masters of poison. So if anyone has a means of bolstering their resistance to poison, you should be ready to do so immediately. Any hesitation could mean your doom."

"They are also fond of blinding their foe's with magical globes of darkness, so be prepared for those. They can be cancelled out with magic light spells in most cases, but don't assume they won't immediately return the favor and cancel out your light spell with anther globe of darkness. Most Drow can cast those multiple times. It might be wiser to simply flee the area of the magical darkness if you can manage it. They are fixed in placed and won't follow you as you move."

"Remember to be on your guard and stay alert! Keep quiet as much as possible. Don't go off anywhere alone, and if we are ambushed again, don't clump together in a panic! They'll have a harder time targeting us with spells that way."

"Lastly, understand the Drow are a very proud race. Vile, but proud, and proud of being vile. They expect to be feared, and they love to be feared, which can in itself be a weakness. As a last resort, we might coax them to act rashly out of hate and pride through mockery and taunts."

Last edited by Narayan; 01-23-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"More poison users..." Sauel said to himself with a frown. A lot of what was said about the drow sounded quite close to their recent experiences with Kasha and her cult. It wouldn't be too much a surprise if they took on aspects of their enemy's tactics if they were good. Sauel himself still had one bottle to bolster resistances to poison for an hour, and made a note to get several more, the one bottle alone had saved him quite a bit of problems, although he had still gotten weakened by the effects of one. Those thoughts reminded him how tired he was.

The tactics sounded pretty ruthless, but pretty sound, some he would even take as a predator as it gets closer to the full moon, even in the dark he could feel the sway of it's control. Hunting in near pitch black sounded kind of fun actually, but drow he had heard had better vision for low light or darkness, in equal numbers they might mean equal forces, but getting the jump on a situation just right could mean the first strike was also the last.

"If we happen upon a store at some point, everyone might pick up a few of these..." Sauel says after Olo finishes and pulls out his antitoxin bottle to show everyone; Arminas has glimpsed it earlier when he spoke of wererats using poison a lot. "Although I doubt we'll come across any tonight though."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

"Yes, antitoxins are extremely valuable. I also possess magic that will delay its effects, although not cure it outright." The Elf comes up closer to Olo himself, looking at him curiously after his statement about being in captivity as a slave. "It is a miracle that you did indeed escape their clutches, and remain in such a shape that their magics haven't twisted you beyond your humanity. I would like to learn more of your captivity, and your method of escape. For if there is a way to escape the Underdark, then that means there is a way into the Underdark without succumbing to the slavers, and a full scale assault on their cities can be launched."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

<End of Scene>

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Experience Award Time!

Experience Award Time (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

Main Group______________________________________

PC's
    Arminas - 300 xp + 200 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
    Crdechzkragar - 200 xp + 1 character point
    Emiko - 350 xp + 350 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
    Sauel - *150 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
    Xiaolong - *150 xp + 350 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point

NPC's
    Olo - 400 xp
    Purusartha - 300 xp
    Yorick - *100 xp
    Jiao - *100 xp