Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dresden Files: Oblivion War (The Second Gate) Interest Check
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Dresden Files: Oblivion War (The Second Gate) Interest Check

Downloads
    Uploads

Dresden Files: Oblivion War (The Second Gate) Interest Check

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

I'm checking for players who would be interested in a Dresden Files rp. We will probably be using Role20 or something similar as a medium, doing a chat based rp focused on the Oblivion War. If anyone is interested, let me know, I already have 1 player committed, and I'd like 2 more involved (maybe 3 depending on the group).

A little about me, I've been an avid roleplayer for the last 9 years or so. This will be my first full rp as a GM using a system, though I've GM'd stories on rp boards before. I'd prefer more veteran roleplayers, and it will be focused more on the story rather than combat grinding (though there will be no shortage of that). Also, while I would prefer players who have read all the books, it is not required. I will be taking some artistic license with some of the canon aspects, mostly keeping Dresden out of the picture and opening up avenues for character progression. I will also be pulling significantly from the Lovecraft Mythos.

A little prelude: SPOILERS!

The Oblivion War is upon us.

The events leading up to this point were set in motion long ago. There was always the potential for catastrophe. For countless ages, the fae have stood guard against the Outsiders. Their entire strategy was based on there being only one gate. One point with which to defend. Now, the Old ones are finding a way around that fact. The last 40 years has been a chess game, meant to end the stalemate once and for all. The plot for a second gate has begun, and not even Queen Mab can stop what is to is rising over the horizon.

We will be using the Dresden Files roleplaying Core Book for the mechanics. This will not be a casual rp, more like a pen and paper done over a chat medium with storytelling as the focus.

Questions are welcome!
    Last edited by sobanspirit; 12-12-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Elucidate.

Oh, you posted white on white for some reason.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thanks for the catch. I pasted from word and for some strange reason it turned the text white @_@.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interested ....
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Message send

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK what Day of the week and Time??

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be on weekends, time isn't set yet, depends on when we can bring everyone together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm time dependent I might be interested I like the books and the game though I have never gotten to play it. I've Gmed one game of it and it was quite fun. It was Teen witches (ran with a friends teen daughters) they were running from a gang of changelings that went top their school and wanted to use them for some terrible winter fae ritual. But you know that is a teen story line, I'd love to play with grown ups.