Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2 - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2

Downloads
    Uploads

Deidra

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Saeed: Chuckles. "I mean join us for drinks. Un-poisoned drinks thanks to you!" He says. "Having my life saved has put me in a generous mood. Deidra, you're an acquaintance of Amaya aren't you? Move over and let me treat you as well." He says waving her over.

Keelest:
    Stares at you both a bit confused finally piping up. "Who is that with you Saeed? Is there something we need to worry about?"

Saeed: "Quite the contrary. The need to worry has passed thanks to this brave young lady." He says gesturing at Amaya.
    Deidra changes tables purposely sitting where she could an eye on the "Dragon" Lady, "Thank you sir, I'll just have a water though"
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Quote Originally Posted by voidoblivion View Post
    Crdechzkragar: "I will need one other person at most for the rescue."

Quote Originally Posted by Riderpride View Post
    Arminas Mithrandir: "Then I must join you in this rescue operation."
    "So tell me my new friend..." Sauel speaks softly to Cred the kobold, picking up something to sate his own hungers for the moment from the table. "With our newest arrival, who is going, and who is not?"

It wasn't intended to be fully serious, however deadline in time as well as needing only a couple people, plus depending on the cramped quarters and access in the sewers than having a large party to save a single person (and potentially his family friends and other unrelated groups) it was only obvious a large group would be cumbersome.

Sauel himself was tired and store and still felt weak from being poisoned earlier from wererat blades, however he was ready to risk life and limb to save Palenrian a man he had never met from a fate worse than death. Sauel hoped if his own fortune turned rotten someone would come and save Sauel, be they were or not.

Sauel had little doubts eventually he would be caught for being a lycanthrope, it was just a matter of time while in the city.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Purusartha, Sauel, Wrusk, Yorick

Quote Originally Posted by Arminas
    A look of exasperation befalls Arminas' face as Purusartha explains the situation. Looking down at his feet a moment, his eyes come back up to meet Purusartha's, exasperation replaced by determination."Then I must join you in this rescue operation. Palenrian is a close and valuable ally to me. When we came to Akhenaten, we had split up a few months ago, in order to cover more ground to find information on a rather unique situation that we were put in. I had learned he had come here to Masaeus, and thus my arrival here. His death would mean a huge blow for both of our kinsmen back home, I cannot stand by and allow this to happen!"

His once shaky hands have since balled up into fists, the edginess once causing his shakiness has since transformed into a calm focus. "What is your plan?"

Purusartha:
    "The Vulkyrie headquarters is an impregnable fortress. Attempting to infiltrate it above ground would be suicide. But there may be a weakness in its design, the same flaw shared by the whole city. It was built atop a maze of caverns that we call the undercity nowadays."

"It's a known fact that the city sewers might as well be connecting tunnels to the undercity. But ever since King Kyser has ruled below, city guards never dare to patrol them. That is the domain of the wererats now, and if the stories are true it gets more dangerous the lower you go."

"If there is a weakness in the security of the Vulkyrie headquarters, it would be from beneath. And if anyone knew how to find it, it would be an infamous and very talented smuggler known simply as 'Ghost' who dwells down there."

"Our plan is to hire Ghost to find a way for us to get inside and rescue Palenrian. Someone I know is trying to make the arrangements for us as we speak. She'll contact me through means of a sending stone. In the meantime, we must prepare for a dangerous foray below ground where no one can guarantee our safety except perhaps King Kyser himself. And I doubt very much that he will for the likes of us."
    Last edited by Narayan; 11-19-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya, Deidra, Kelest, Saeed, Zhen

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    Amaya sat across from Keelest with her hands in her lap. Hearing Saeed answer Keelest, saying there was nothing to worry about thanx to her, Amaya blushed slightly. "I did nothing but say what i heard" Amaya said softly avoiding eye contact with anyone for the time being as many thoughts passed through her mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidra
    Deidra changes tables purposely sitting where she could an eye on the "Dragon" Lady, "Thank you sir, I'll just have a water though"

The tablemaid brings the drinks for Saeed, Kelest and Zhen and since she just heard what Deidra wants she
    also asks if she can bring back anything for Amaya?

Saeed: "Well speaking up for the sake of total strangers against the likes of those thugs is a brave thing to do in this city. Lucky for you I am a rather powerful underworld figure in my own right, so I can assure your protection if you stay close to me for as long as you need. It's the least I can do."

Kelest: "Excuse me I don't understand? What is all the fuss about those two men?" The half-dragon lady inquires a bit disgruntled.

Saeed: Takes a sip of his wine. "Forgive me Kelest, I didn't mean for our meeting to go this way... but I feel obliged to make these two ladies welcome in our company. This one (He says gesuring to Amaya) warned me that those two fellows were planning to poison our wine! Kasha has apparently decided to put an end to your venture and your life, and by extension me as well!"

Kelest: Glares angrily. "The nerve of that *****! Who is she to put herself against a priestess of Zu?! Back home she would be harshly punished for even whispering an ill word towards me."

Saeed: "Much a pity for us that we are not in Caishia." He laughs.

Kelest: "Well what are you going to do about her then?"

Saeed: Shrugs. "Stay on my guard. It's not my intention to start a war with her cult, and by extension her race. Nor should you for that matter... I can assure you that would be hopeless. Kasha is bold for a reason, she has very powerful friends."

Kelest: "You're referring to King Kyser I suppose? I have heard his named whispered in fearful awe many times since I've arrived. But if what you hint at is true and there is a massive nest of wererats below ready to destroy us all why do they delay?"

Saeed: "You'd have to ask them, all I know are theories. But seems to me the most obvious answer is once they rise to the surface they give away their advantage... the Vulkyrie rule all they see beneath the skies here. Take a look around... this crowd of frightened people aren't gaping upwards fearfully because it will soon be a full moon..." He laughs drinking more deply of his wine. "I wouldn't bet a copper on King Kyser winning a war against the Vulkyrie on these surface streets."

Kelest: Sips her wine as though it is more to her taste than Saeeds words.

Zhen: Looks to Amaya and smiles in the fashion of her race. "I am very glad you spoke up for our sake! Thank you!" She says turning to stare at Deidra for a moment before shyly asking. "Excuse me miss... where do you come from? You look very strong and fierce for someone even smaller than me... No offense of course!"

Last edited by Narayan; 11-19-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "So tell me my new friend..." Sauel speaks softly to Cred the kobold, picking up something to sate his own hungers for the moment from the table. "With our newest arrival, who is going, and who is not?"
    once we have a secure location in the undercity, myself and two others will enter fromt he sewers into the chamber that they have our friend in. From there through the power of Userrwroth's blessing, we will return to the predesignated location in the undercity, with our friend. but we need to dot his soon, before they begin to try and rip information from his mind. Says the small kolbold. He looks to Sauel. Whom ever is of full strength should bet he one to come with me, if you are ready then i would welcome you at my side.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"Full strength..." Sauel whispers thinking it over. He knew he wasn't at full strength, plus he would be better prepared after a night's rest and magic on his side. "I am neither ready nor am I at full strength, but I would still go the moment you say you're ready. But I'll understand if you don't take me."

Sauel glanced at his other companions. The keu was unlikely to go with them, her skills if she was protected might come in useful. Yorick seemed to be doing better and was probably a little better off than Sauel, at least once all his wounds healed. Purusartha was probably the strongest among them right now in terms of raw strength and experience. But then there was the new arrival, who was probably the most refreshed of them all, assuming he was on their side and he could only assume his presence here meant he was. ~Maybe a mercenary, or archer? Doesn't look like a soldier or Hunter. Ranger?~

As Sauel's hunger was being sated on the food-stuffs on the table the anxiety and unspent energy he displayed to Emiko dissipated like evaporating water leaving him calm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master

Purusartha:
    "The Vulkyrie headquarters is an impregnable fortress. Attempting to infiltrate it above ground would be suicide. But there may be a weakness in its design, the same flaw shared by the whole city. It was built atop a maze of caverns that we call the undercity nowadays."

"It's a known fact that the city sewers might as well be connecting tunnels to the undercity. But ever since King Kyser has ruled below, city guards never dare to patrol them. That is the domain of the wererats now, and if the stories are true it gets more dangerous the lower you go."

"If there is a weakness in the security of the Vulkyrie headquarters, it would be from beneath. And if anyone knew how to find it, it would be an infamous and very talented smuggler known simply as 'Ghost' who dwells down there."

"Our plan is to hire Ghost to find a way for us to get inside and rescue Palenrian. Someone I know is trying to make the arrangements for us as we speak. She'll contact me through means of a sending stone. In the meantime, we must prepare for a dangerous foray below ground where no one can guarantee our safety except perhaps King Kyser himself. And I doubt very much that he will for the likes of us."
    Arminas listens intently, as Purusartha explains the plan. "Although my skills are more suitable to natural environments, if traversing the undercity is required, then my eyes will be valuable to you. I do not require sources of light in order to see greater distances. I am also an advanced tracker, trained in the ways of stealth, and an expert shot with the bow. I do have some expertise as a field medic as well, and have supplies such as poultices, salves and herbs to deal with minor wounds, burns, and other such injuries. Although I have a touch of the divinity as well, it is very minor, at best, for the time being. Normally, I would have my avian companion with me, but I left him to forage on his own outside of the city walls, for fear that the Vulkyrie would attempt to ground him."

Arminas' demeanor shifts more into one anxious and ready to take on an army by himself, and willing to do anything that would reunite him with his most trusted ally.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

Quote Originally Posted by Cred
    once we have a secure location in the undercity, myself and two others will enter fromt he sewers into the chamber that they have our friend in. From there through the power of Userrwroth's blessing, we will return to the predesignated location in the undercity, with our friend. but we need to dot his soon, before they begin to try and rip information from his mind. Says the small kolbold. He looks to Sauel. Whom ever is of full strength should bet he one to come with me, if you are ready then i would welcome you at my side.
    ~None of them can climb like I can... and I can roast those Vulkyrie like common chickens... This man is strange... He reminds me of a creature I've come across before in my travels and books. Those ears... He must be a yousei, he also seems to be the best person to accompany us on this task, if what he says is true...~

"This yousei would be a wise choice for our rescue group it seems." She speaks up to the others, feeling empowered. "The other, more obvious choice, would be me... I am trained in stealth, and I have the power to climb any surface as a spider would... I can't be tracked either... Not to mention my other powers..." She says with a mischievous smile.

{Emiko let's Kitsune down on to the floor. Kit runs over to the elf wagging her tail, looking as if she wants to play with him. Emiko looks embarrassed by Kit's behavior.}

"I apologize for Kit's behavior... You are a strange creature to her... she finds you interesting..." She says shyly to the elf. "What did you say your name is, yousei?"

{Emiko pushes back her hood so the elf can see her face and hair. She beckons for Kit to leave the elf alone and return to her side.}

( yousei = fairy, another word for elf or pixie. )

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    ~None of them can climb like I can... and I can roast those Vulkyrie like common chickens... This man is strange... He reminds me of a creature I've come across before in my travels and books. Those ears... He must be a yousei, he also seems to be the best person to accompany us on this task, if what he says is true...~

"This yousei would be a wise choice for our rescue group it seems." She speaks up to the others, feeling empowered. "The other, more obvious choice, would be me... I am trained in stealth, and I have the power to climb any surface as a spider would... I can't be tracked either... Not to mention my other powers..." She says with a mischievous smile.

{Emiko let's Kitsune down on to the floor. Kit runs over to the elf wagging her tail, looking as if she wants to play with him. Emiko looks embarrassed by Kit's behavior.}

"I apologize for Kit's behavior... You are a strange creature to her... she finds you interesting..." She says shyly to the elf. "What did you say your name is, yousei?"

{Emiko pushes back her hood so the elf can see her face and hair. She beckons for Kit to leave the elf alone and return to her side.}

( yousei = fairy, another word for elf or pixie. )
    Arminas looks back at the blanched human, his voice hesitant to follow his open mouth as the sight of whiteness fills his retinas. "My apologies, my lady. I am Arminas Mithrandir. And please, do not apologize for your companion's curiosity. I have lived most of my life as a Strider, defending the forests of my home with bow and blade alike, many of the natural fauna of the forests do not show any fear in my presence, they understand my affinity for the trees, and my compassion towards animalkind. Your companion, I am familiar with the fox, but I don't believe I have encountered such a fascinating breed." Arminas offers a warm smile to Kit, but decides it may be best to let Kit sniff him out on its own terms, rather than push the issue and risk angering the fox too early.

"Alas, my lady, you now have me at a disadvantage, might I know your name as well?"

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

"My name is Emiko... I am a creature of the snow, forests, and mountains, maybe my home... it is like your home, but much colder? Animals tend to match their surroundings to survive I have noticed... Maybe..." She trails off in personal thoughts, embarrassed to continue out loud.

~Maybe... Maybe that's why I am the color of the snow... To survive... Creatures in nature adapt to survive... A thought for my writings later perhaps...~

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    "My name is Emiko... I am a creature of the snow, forests, and mountains, maybe my home... it is like your home, but much colder? Animals tend to match their surroundings to survive I have noticed... Maybe..." She trails off in personal thoughts, embarrassed to continue out loud.

~Maybe... Maybe that's why I am the color of the snow... To survive... Creatures in nature adapt to survive... A thought for my writings later perhaps...~

"Well-met, Emiko. My homelands do have their northern tundras and snow-capped mountains as well. Though I do tend to stick primarily to the warmer climates, I am no stranger to the cold snaps of winter. There aren't as many who inhabit the north, but those that do, have survived there for millenia, adapting to nature's harsh judgment. The creatures that inhabit the north though, many of then extremely dangerous. Ice trolls, tundra ettin, arctic dire wolves, snow leopards, ice wraiths, to name a few. I've rarely encountered any of these beasts, but those that did were aggressive, and difficult to dispatch. But you would be correct in the observation, on how those creatures match their surroundings. I, myself, have adapted to my home surroundings, living from nature's bounties, in return for her safekeeping. Though I have been finding it difficult to adapt to my new surroundings here, such things will come in due time." The elf looks back to Purusartha, for any sign that his associate had made contact with him.
    Last edited by Riderpride; 11-20-2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: formatting

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Purusartha: "Well met Arminas, your help in this effort would be much appreciated. Please allow me to familiarize you with the others here. That druid with the wolf companion is Sauel, the big fair-haired gladiator is Yorick, the feathered Keu with the sun eagle companion is Achetii."

"We call the Kobold Cred for short because his real name is much harder to pronounce. And lastly the warrior half dwarf is Cael. There was another half dwarf with us named Ivar, but he died from wounds inflicted in battle earlier this evening. Prince Asher of course was also killed, I don't know if Serryn knew enough to mention him to you?"

"...And just so there's no surprises, you should know that Sauel, Yorick and I are werewolves. I hope that isn't too much of a shock? I have no idea how familiar you might be with lycanthropes, but we are not usually the savage, bloodthirsty killers people fear us to be."

"It can happen that we loose control of ourselves, but for natural-born were's like Yorick and Sauel it's unlikely. Afflicted were's like myself must learn to assert dominance over the beast within us. But have no fear, I am only interested in killing wererats and vulkyrie!"

"Now if you don't mind me asking, how do you know Palenrian? I don't know much about him as a matter of fact, I never had a chance to speak with him before the battle, only Cred and Emiko may have. But rest assured we will do our best to save him!"
    Last edited by Narayan; 11-20-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

Arminas' eyebrows raise in shock as Purusartha mentions matter of factly, that the trio of them are lycans. "I...uh no..no, well. Yes, it is a bit of a shock. Lycans were more of a thing of legend and tall tales. The closest I've come to anything Lycan, are distant bloodlines, called Shifters. They number very few in my homelands, and do not possess the ability to fully shapeshift, but still carry some of their speed and power in their lineage."

He takes a deep breath, as he inquires about the link between himself and Palenrian. "The story is quite a long one, but I will try and recant the abridged version. If I seem out of place in this world, it's because I am. Palenrian and I are not of this realm, we were teleported here via a broken spell or ritual that had been cast by my evil counterparts, the Mori'Quessir, or in the common tongue, the Drow or Dark Elves. They had launched an attack upon our adjacent homelands, and Palenrian and I quickly became allies to defend against the attacks. But once the spell had been cast, we both found ourselves here, in Akhenaten. We separated about 3 months ago while we attempted to find information on how to get back to our own homelands again. I had a bit of luck finding information, but could not get a solid lead on how to get back safely, without endangering the peoples of this nation as well. I eventually learned that Palenrian had made his way here, to Masaeus, and that's when I learned of his fate, along with some allies of his, including Asher and Ivar, Sehanine rest them. And as such, I am here now, in search of him. So you may now begin to understand why his rescue is of great importance to myself, as the both of us currently do not know what fate has befallen our own world, with the attacks from the Mori'Quessir."

He looks to the others with a bit of hope in his eyes, as the others are introduced, assumedly they are part of this whole rescue operation. "Well met, all of you. If it wasn't already obvious, I am a Ranger, or a Strider as some have called me before. I used to belong to a clan of Taur'Quessir, Wood Elves, before they were decimated by these Mori'Quessir. I have since learned tactics on tracking and hunting them, as did Palenrian. Both of us share a mutual hatred for them, which is more or less how our alliance and friendship came to be."
    Last edited by Narayan; 11-20-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

"I am sorry Arminas, but I don't think Cred and I ever had a chance to meet Palenrian." She says trying to be helpful. "The only time we saw him was when we were helping the others in the fight that occurred in the street earlier. I did not even know his name until you and the others spoke of him just now..." She looks around at the others, noticing that no one commented on her suggestions for the rescue plan.

"I will wait by the stove until all of you decide who will be going for the rescue plan. You've already heard my opinion on the matter..."
    She says addressing the rest of the group.

~Even in this land women don't seem to be heard unless they are showing off their breasts... I may as well take this time to calm myself and rest in some sort of way... Leave that yousei alone Kit, maybe he will turn you into a toad... Have some meat with me.~

{Emiko grabs a piece of jerky from the table and rips it in half. She gives one piece to Kitsune and quickly eats the other. Emiko grabs her book and writing utensils from her pack she left up against the wall. She sits cross-legged on the floor in front of the burning stove, facing the stove with her back turned to the others. She begins to write strange symbols in her book (Katanese writing, which looks like our Japanese calligraphy). While she writes she begins to softly sing a song in her native tongue. Kitsune sits next to her, chewing on her bit of jerky and watching the others in the room, curiously.}

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Purusartha: Nods with interest at Arminas' words. "That is a sad tale Arminas. Things are bad here, but this is my home. I'm glad I have the chance to fight for it and help those I care for. I can't imagine how horrid it would feel to be denied that opportunity. Which being said, makes it very good of you to help, being that we are complete strangers in a new land. So please, sit with us and be welcome."

Purusartha invites Arminas over to one of the tables by the stove (the one not ladden with food and drink) pulling a chair out for the elf before he takes one for himself.

"I wish I could hurry things along for Palenrians sake but we must wait for word from Thiara who will need some time to get in touch with Ghost and arrange a meeting. Delving into the undercity without contacts or a guide would only get more of us killed."

"I hope she can make this happen but it has to be said we are asking a lot. Something like this shouldn't be rushed, too much can go wrong and we can't be certain that Ghost, whoever he is, will risk it regardless of how much Thiara offers him. Not saying it's a lost cause by any means, but if the sun should rise before we reach him it may be too late."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast