Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Tuesday Morning - April 10th
    __________________________________________________ ____

We are on DDS 122 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.
    Last edited by Narayan; 12-15-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Achetti, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Purusartha, Sauel, Wrusk, Yorick

__________________________________________________ ___________________

[Approximate time = 12:30 AM]

[
    Those of you within the cellar hear knocking on the exterior door]

Wrusk: "I'll get it!" The old half orc says, hobbling his way over opening a slot on the door to take a peek at whoever's knocking. Recognizing Sauel and Yorick he removes the brace permitting them entry.

Purusartha pulls the camouflage back over the stairwell before he follows the other were's inside. He seems clearly exhausted but also deeply relieved as he leans against the cool stone wall.

Wrusk: "Looks like you had quite the adventure tonight eh Puru?"

Purusartha:
    "Adventure? I think not... nightmare more like it."

Wrusk: "Aye, I heard what happened to Asher. I'm sorry for that." Wrusk says, grasping Puru's shoulder and squeezing it.

Purusartha: Glances around, recognizing mostly everyone but spotting new faces also. "Where is Ivar?" He asks, swallowing because he already suspects the worse.

Last edited by Narayan; 11-16-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

{Emiko backs up to the wall she had been sitting against before when she hears the sudden knocking at the cellar door. Kitsune whimpers and runs to Emiko in fear, jumping at her legs wanting to be picked up. Emiko picks up Kit and slumps down against the wall sort of defensively and sits on the ground. She looks nervous about who is on the other side of the door. Before Wrusk opens the door, she pulls her hood up over her hair and most of her face, so that only her mouth is really showing.}

~These men sound very gruff... They seem different... Kit is scared of them. I can feel it... What if they blame the deaths of their friends on me, and they decide to take revenge?! The flames will save me... but... I don't want to hurt Achetii or Cael... If I let my full powers free in here, this place would be ashes... Maybe it won't come to that this time... Maybe they are good people.... Pfft... What are the chances of me meeting a good person though? I have terrible luck... Oh no, he just brought up Ivar...~

"Ivar is dead..." She says just loud enough for the man to hear. Emiko stays seated on the floor against the wall looking down at Kitsune in her lap as she pets her slowly to console her. She pulls the sleeve of her haori to her face to take a quick deep sniff of the jasmine scent still left on her from her soap, to ease her tension and relax herself. "I tried to help him... I tried to help everyone that was in that fight..." She finally looks up at purusartha, with a sudden fear of what might happen next in her blood red eyes. "Moushiwake gozaimasen, Okyakusama..." She says quickly slipping into her native tongue from the stress. As she says the last word she quickly clasps her hands together almost in a begging motion and turns her head down towards the ground as if awaiting punishment.

(Katanese is almost exactly the same as our real life Japanese, so Narayan said I could use Japanese culture and language for reference if I want to. I thought it would be fun to show language differential in a game. If you know Katanese on your character, then: "Moushiwake gozaimasen, Okyakusama...", pretty much means: "I have no excuse, Sir...", or basically "I am very sorry, Sir..." If I use more Japanese in future posts I will make sure to let you guys know the translation in the OOC parenthesis like I am right now.)

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Sauel enters last after Yorick, glad to be out of the streets, but he knew they wouldn't stay in the safety of the tannery or this forge area for long. Sauel's magic had been tapped nearly dry, and it seemed they still had things to do.

Immediately he could smell the fear coming inside the room as he entered, and the white female who stood out as though snow on the hill-sides. The lingering scent of her kitsune was present too, although not for very long.

Sauel walked to where he could undo his pack and unload the equipment he had been hauling, and knew he would be carrying almost none of it for the rest of the night, instead he made sure potions and healing kits were available as they would be the most useful, in the sewers he would probably be in wolf form nearly the entire time. But until then he didn't need to change.

He turned to give a closer look to Ekimo as she clasped her hands together in a gesture of forgiveness, regardless if he understood her or not. Her being present here meant she had about the same loyalty and devotion to Asher as Sauel did; True he didn't have time to put much devotion in him before he was beheaded only a few hours earlier.

Sauel approached the girl and went to a knee so he could see her eye to eye, and in his own eyes she would see a predator. He saw fear in her eyes, a hint of hope, acceptance, like omegas beaten in a pack by a mean Alpha, almost broken shells of what they were. She wasn't a lycan, well not that he could tell (Detect Were: 33). She didn't have the eyes of a predator. Finally he stood and patted her on the head like he would be trying to console a child. "I'm sorry to hear Ivar is dead, I'm sure it wasn't your fault. It's been a long night, one that isn't yet over."

Turning away from Ekimo he could see Rabi's attention perked, a little jealous at Ekimo getting attention while he wasn't. A sly playful grin on Sauel's face appeared and he gave his companion several strokes on his head and down his neck. "I haven't forgotten you Rabi, don't worry. Why don't you rest for a bit?" He would feel better if his companion wasn't in the thick of danger, but they would have to see.

"Unfortunately we can't stay long." Sauel looked to Wrusk "I see Cred is here, which is good. We need to venture into the sewers."

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

{Emiko backs up more to the wall as she sees the strange man come kneel before her. Kitsune whimpers as the man gets closer and she burrows and hides in Emiko's haori. Emiko looks annoyed as he pats her on the head.}

~Why is he staring at me like that?! Is he trying to read my thoughts? You stay away from my mind, stranger! Is that his wolf? He must be Tix's master... Did he just pat me on the head like a child?! Who does he think he is... touching me without permission... How am I supposed to sleep around these strange men? I am so tired... ugh.~

"Who are you three?!" She says, standing up and looking flustered from being patted on the head. "I know Cred from the inn... But who are all of you?" She gestures waving her had in their general direction. She stops her hand when it reaches the man that patted her head. "And you! Why do you look at me that way?! You are not allowed to touch me without my permission..." She growls in a fury. You see her hand glow light blue faintly as she speaks in outrage pointing at the man with the wolf. She eases up and it returns to her normal white skin again, as she puts her hand down and turns to the man that had asked about Ivar.

"I wish to help in your fight against these terrible enemies you have, but after what happened tonight we must take a short time to rest. I think we will not be much use if we are not at our strongest for these foes..." She turns and scowls at the man with the wolf. "I trust you can handle not touching me while I sleep? Or should I remove your hands now?" She sticks out her hand in a fist and it ignites with blue flames, as she makes her threat.

Downloads
    Uploads

Arminas Mithrandir

Things had not gone entirely the way Arminas had hoped, though the information that Serryn had given him had at least brought him one step closer to reuniting him with his ally. ~It's been far too long, and these streets are crawling with city guard. I hope Palenrian is here...~

The elf continues to make his way through the streets, keeping himself close to the side streets and alleyways, using shadows to his advantage, to keep out of sight. He was already an outsider in many senses of the word, the last thing he needed here was to be thrown into a cell and interrogated about where he came from. Which is why he needed to find the Ranger.

After a lot of patience, and well-timed use of his stealth capabilities, Arminas finally happens upon the door to Wrusk's Tannery. ~Here's hoping...~

A quick, but deep breath, his hands rap on the door three times, and awaits his answer, keeping eyes on his left and right.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

~First she begs for salvation or Mercy, then she gets annoyed when I touch her head?~ Sauel thought softly, not knowing her inner dialog but likely would have found it amusing if he had heard it. But it seemed they needed to come to an understanding. Although she apparently has some very 'touchy' issues.

"You'd accept death but you wouldn't accept a pat on the head? How curious of you." Sauel replies to her. Although the blue flames and her threat to remove his hands left him wondering if she could, and how much she knew about them. He could either stay silent, but she would know what they were sooner or later since they were in this group and it seemed sooner was a better idea.

"I would not touch you while you sleep, maybe curl up with, sleep; Certainly not in any sexual way unless you're offering" Sauel spoke his mind. The recent change and having chased guards, not to mention the full moon only two nights away still made the calling in him a little hungry, a little more savage, a little more blood thirsty. Unlike Purusartha he controlled his urges, and didn't let them get the best of him, that that didn't mean though he couldn't have a little fun. He felt his heart racing, the blood running to his head.

"Were you a pup I'd probably treat you differently, as family or pack, but you are not. You appeared to be prey to me, and I was wondering..." An evil grin for a moment broke on his face "if I should make a snack of you or your little pet..."

Sauel held up his own hand letting her see his exposed hand to his elbow, then he let the changes flow through him again. First there was the loud sound of bones cracking, shifting, the skin on his forearm and hand she could see moved unnaturally, on his face as well, the bridge of his nose, his eyes, everything was wrong. He wasn't turning to his normal wolf, no he wanted to see if she was afraid, to smell her fear and taste it like wine. "Tell me little girl.. Are you afraid of the dark?"

Sauel became larger as his body shifted unnaturally, and in only a few seconds he stood with a wolf head, and furry; He was in his hybrid form one he normally didn't take for several reasons, but it was so much easier let the change the closer to the full moon. He let her see it in his eyes, that he wasn't human, that his eyes held a hunger and it wasn't sexual, the beast in him wondered how her flesh would taste, her blood running over his tongue and down his face, reveling in the scent of fresh meat. However his eyes were in no way lost to blood-lust, there was control there, cool like a flowing river and not some starved berserking animal.

For a few long moments the room was silent, he even sensed the fear from the Keu, he promised not to hurt her and he would fulfill that promise, but there was the girl in front of him. "I promise not to bite, if you can do likewise... I'll even let you pet me" his voice came out as growls, and his ears flicking on his head.
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 11-17-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

~A strange wolf man... A garou... This explains everything..."

{She puts Kitsune on the floor and Kit runs over to sit with Achetii, where it's safer. Emiko unclasps her cloak and let's it drop to the floor, she let's her haori slide to the floor as well. You see her white skin shining out from the patches of bare flesh left exposed by her armor and clothing. Her long white wild hair tied into a loose bun on her head with some string. The tattooed outline of a red lotus stands out upon the snow white skin of her forehead.

She smiles and her body starts to glow a faint blue as you see a strange energy swirl around her. Her body returns to normal, then she quickly turns to the wall behind her and scurries up the hard flat surface, silky and agile, like a spider, even with nothing to grab on to. Before you realize what she's doing she is on the ceiling above looking down, almost effortlessly secured in her position.}

"A deception of weakness can be a disguise for the most powerful beings, garou... You of all creatures should know this" She smiles at him. "Besides, an apology is not the same as accepting a death sentence... and I am not prey" She quickly climbs back down the wall and stands in front of him.

"I apologize if I scared you little okami, but in my culture that gesture is inappropriate towards a woman, and similar to the treatment a woman might get when she is about to be raped or abused, like a mocking gesture. I have seen men do many terrible things to women during my life..." She says with her face melting into sorrow as she looks down at her hands.

"I am no little girl, and I wouldn't recommend getting too close to me..." Her hands burst into bright light blue flames almost white with the heat. She slowly raises her hands in front of her as they burn hot. "I know more about the darkness than you can imagine, garou. Everyone that has ever loved me has been turned to ashes in my hands..." The flames die down and her hands return to normal. "There are things much more frightening than the dark..." She says trailing off quietly, looking off at nothing, towards the floor.

"Tell me, garou, what is your name? I am Emiko, and my little friend... Her name is Kitsune." She gestures to Kit sitting by Achetii.

(Garou means hungry wolf, it's also used to mean werewolf. Okami just means wolf.)
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 11-17-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

More curious she wasn't scared or even intimidated, had he not been born this way climbing around on the walls to show her own powers could have just been an invitation to be attacked. It it seemed she had her own demons, and they were just as bad as his in different ways, specifically fire, and 'touch' could be in defense to keep from burning others, and she was as much a nightmare to the normal populous as he was.

In many ways this was good, and some small part of him hoped to see fear in her eyes, maybe just a little, perhaps for her to be in awe of him, or be inferior would have been good, the feeling of being alpha, in charge. But he was no bully, they were equals as of right now, and that was fine with him.

Sauel let the energy flow though him and relax as his body shifted much more gently and quietly than the first time around returning human, yet his eyes didn't quite look human and would take a little longer before being normal. "So she has teeth to bare; This is good. I mean no disrespect with my touch, rather being close is usually to comfort and protect."

"I am Sauel... and this is Rabi..." he stated giving Rabi a few strokes on the head. It was tempting to invite her into his bed, be it for comfort or pleasure, but her emotions were connected with her own curse, much like his was with his, but was much more like Yorick as she didn't control it properly yet. Maybe later.

Sauel turned away unbuckling his armor, adjusting it, making sure it fit right after so many changes tonight. Afterwards his attention moved to Purusartha, Wrusk and Cred, as they would probably be leaving within the hour, in the meantime he might eat something and help curb off the hunger making his blood feel hot from so many changes in such a short period of time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas, Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Purusartha, Sauel, Wrusk, Yorick

Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    "Unfortunately we can't stay long." Sauel looked to Wrusk "I see Cred is here, which is good. We need to venture into the sewers."
    Wrusk: Coughs loudly trying to break the tension in the air. "What's this nonsense I hear about the sewers?! That's the undercity you're talking about! I'd hardly call that an improvement from the surface streets, even given what's happened tonight."

Purusartha: "Normally I'd agree with you old friend, but we don't have a choice. It's our best chance to rescue someone the Vulkyrie captured. And its not as if we'll be going down there blind. Stethasriss' daughter Thiara is setting us up with a guide. She should be contacting me soon with instructions."

Wrusk: "Thiara? Hmm that is interesting. People say she is a powerful mage in her own right who appears to care about the common people. I had no idea she was willing to get involved in a conspiracy against the Vul but that's good news. Well, I better get upstairs in case I need to answer the door." He says making his way back up the stairs slowly with the aid of his cane.

But before he reaches the top he turns around and speaks to all of you. "As you are all my guests here, I expect you will treat each other with respect and decency. This is a good place to rest and make plans, it is not a good place to loose control or start fighting!" He says eyeing Emiko and Sauel in particular. "If I see that sort of behavior again, you might wear out your welcome. Now please, stay calm and heed Purusartha. He's like a son to me and he'll be inheriting this place when I'm gone." Wrusk adds before stepping up and out of the cellar into his office.

__________________________________________________ __________

[A few minutes later...]

Quote Originally Posted by Arminas Mithrandir
    After a lot of patience, and well-timed use of his stealth capabilities, Arminas finally happens upon the door to Wrusk's Tannery. ~Here's hoping...~

A quick, but deep breath, his hands rap on the door three times, and awaits his answer, keeping eyes on his left and right.
    After a minute, you try the knocker a second time and in response a pass through suddenly opens up within the door at eye level.

Wrusk:
    "Damnit I hear you!" A deep older voice exclaims.
    "Who the hell are you?!" He asks peering through the pass through. You recognized this man to be a half-orc by a glimpse of his face , far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

(By nature, a half orc is detestable to elves like you, especially Elves from your world where Orcs are the dominant evil race. But here on Sion, Orcs are less numerous and far less powerful. You've encountered several half orcs in your travels here and you've quickly come to realize that people here do not hate them. That might not make it much easier for you to ignore your own opinions, but that is at least something to consider.)

[What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 11-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
    Wrusk: Coughs loudly trying to break the tension in the air. "What's this nonsense I hear about the sewers?! That's the undercity you're talking about! I'd hardly call that an improvement from the surface streets, even given what's happened tonight."

Purusartha: "Normally I'd agree with you old friend, but we don't have a choice. It's our best chance to rescue someone the Vulkyrie captured. And its not as if we'll be going down there blind. Stethasriss' daughter Thiara is setting us up with a guide. She should be contacting me soon with instructions."

Wrusk: "Thiara? Hmm that is interesting. People say she is a powerful mage in her own right who appears to care about the common people. I had no idea she was willing to get involved in a conspiracy against the Vul but that's good news. Well, I better get upstairs in case I need to answer the door." He says making his way back up the stairs slowly with the aid of his cane.

But before he reaches the top he turns around and speaks to all of you. "As you are all my guests here, I expect you will treat each other with respect and decency. This is a good place to rest and make plans, it is not a good place to loose control or start fighting!" He says eyeing Emiko and Sauel in particular. "If I see that sort of behavior again, you might wear out your welcome. Now please, stay calm and heed Purusartha. He's like a son to me and he'll be inheriting this place when I'm gone." Wrusk adds before stepping up and out of the cellar into his office.
    "I apologize, Wrusk-San..." She bows her head to Wrusk as he leaves to go upstairs.

{Emiko picks up her haori and cloak and puts them back on covering most of her face with her hood again. Kitsune runs over to her hopping around her legs wishing to be picked up. She picks up Kit and snuggles her against her face, as the little fox licks the tip of Emiko's nose.}

"You must be Purusartha?" She nods towards the man Wrusk had been talking to. "...And who are you quiet one?" She says looking at their quieter companion. "I assume both of you are garou as well, like your friend Sauel, here?"

{Kitsune looks at the other two next to Sauel, and turns her head to the side in a questioning manner.}

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Cael, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Purusartha, Sauel, Yorick

Purusartha: "Aye I am Purusartha..." He answers wearily. "My quiet friend here is Yorick. He's been through a lot tonight so he's not much for talking. Yes we are both werewolves, or whatever you prefer to call us in your tongue. I can see you are a warlock am I right? I recognize the look of your magic from before the Vulkyrie showed up. That's a neat trick climbing on the ceiling, I bet we could use that against the Vulkyrie."

"I am sad to hear about Ivar... he was a good man. Hot-headed and rather obstinate but he didn't deserve to die!" Puru says angrily. "But speaking of Half Dwarves..." He comments glancing at Cael. "That other fellow over there by the forge. He came with you?"

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya

Amaya: Listens attentively to Saeed as he speaks, pondering whether or not she could trust him with her name? However it was likely he already knew it from her mother so she answered. "My name is Amaya. Might I ask who they are?" She asks gesturing to Kelest and Zhen.
    Last edited by Narayan; 11-17-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Amaya, Deidra, Kelest, Saeed, Zhen

Saeed: "The exotic looking half-dragon lady from Caishia is Kelest, and her Rhat follower is Zhen. They've been living in the city for about a month now looking to open a temple of Zu. Such a temple would cater primarily to other Caishians living here in Masaeus, of which there are a few hundred I would guess."

"I have been negotiating with her about buying some property i own and helping her hire the help she needs to start construction. This temple of hers won't be public however, and there are some obvious legal issues involved with secret gatherings like that in this kingdom. The Vulfear consider it a threat."

"If you and Deidra would care to join us, I will introduce you?"

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Arminas Mithrandir

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
    [A few minutes later...]

After a minute, you try the knocker a second time and in response a pass through suddenly opens up within the door at eye level.

Wrusk:
    "Damnit I hear you!" A deep older voice exclaims.
    "Who the hell are you?!" He asks peering through the pass through. You recognized this man to be a half-orc by a glimpse of his face , far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

(By nature, a half orc is detestable to elves like you, especially Elves from your world where Orcs are the dominant evil race. But here on Sion, Orcs are less numerous and far less powerful. You've encountered several half orcs in your travels here and you've quickly come to realize that people here do not hate them. That might not make it much easier for you to ignore your own opinions, but that is at least something to consider.)

[What do you do?]
    The sight of the Half-Orc does throw Arminas off a bit, but, keeping his composure, he looks Wrusk straight in the eye to answer him. "I am Arminas Mithrandir. I've come at the direction of Serryn Whitetree, of the Sand Dragon Inn. I've been searching for a man, a Ranger by the name of Palenrian, an ally of mine. I was hoping that perhaps the owner of this establishment would know of his whereabouts."

Arminas keeps his eyes locked with Wrusk's, silently awaiting his response, quelling the thoughts of natural hatred going through his mind. ~Easy now, Arminas, you've come this far, and the orcs you've seen here are different from the ones back home, don't mess this up for yourself.~
    Last edited by Riderpride; 11-17-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Formatting

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast