Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration break

Downloads
    Uploads

Inspiration break

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello guys,

Lately Iím having a bit of a writer's block/gaming block, so I decided that I need a little break. I do not know how long exactly that I need, I might need a week or maybe even a month.
    Mora, would you be so kind to put my chars on hold?
    This does not concern the chat game btw, which might even help me get my inspiration back. I'm still looking forward to game, just not to write something down.
    There is nothing special going on; life is great for me at the moment. So itís nothing like that. Iím just not really feeling it at the moment.
    I am still planning on finishing the game of all 4 characters; I'm just going to take my time for it. Especially L'liandra Vox is one of the chars that I want to finish the story for, but all in due time.
    I'm still looking forward to Sunday, so it's not that I'll vanish all of a sudden ;-).
    I really hope that you guys don't mind.

Greetz,
    Doc

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take as long as you want! One of the great things about this type of game we are enjoying is you can put it on hold and come back when you have the inspiration again. Thanks for letting me know so I don't start just killing off your character with an ailment each day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Evil Mora hahaha oh and tnx ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll need a small break as well, got too much going on in the next week at least to be getting journal logs done. I at least want to be caught up before posting my next action (I got like 6 logs to write up plus I'll have a week of school work from the week I missed from sickness. That + other games and life going on at the same time = unfocused mind. Unfocused mind + 3 Spreadsheets = Failings.)
    (Also I am sad now because of the failed Banner ;-; I was hoping to have 11 actions! ;-; )

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a problem at all. I hope we can see each other for the chat room game though. I am working hard to prepare this game for Sunday and would like to have a regular group once per week for this game. Otherwise, the play by post game I don't mind if everyone takes a break. It is one of the luxuries of play by post games. One can just pick up where one had left off. Oh and there is no way in hell am I going to sit for hours on one character sheet with 11 or more action points per day. You have to be dreaming if you want me to do that. lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    i had almost 20 actions on one of he earlier inclinations of this game so it can be done again if you let it

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it can in the old one, heck I was ABOUT to get like 6-7 in two spreadsheets RIGHT BEFRORE Mora revamped it... I betcha he did it JUST to prevent me from getting so many

How many times will "luck" not go my way ;p

Downloads
    Uploads
    (Really though in all seriousness, if I ever host this game I have those old books still downloaded for personal use may want to anyway since the old one had more power than this version is all ;p )

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you both (Executive and Omegaa) don't realize what it takes to host this particular game. It is one thing to play it, but another to host it. To provide action points as a roleplayer takes maybe 15 minutes of your time, but to provide the results as a DM takes a lot longer. When you have to process 11 to 20 action points in one shot you will see how long you are sitting in front of the computer cross evaluating the action points with the character sheet. As a DM the last thing you want is someone to consistently email you indicating all the mistakes you have done when hosting the game. Therefore it is crucial that I have to watch out to make sure that each action is fulfilled and measured without mistakes before posting the results. Mjorr and Dr Von Ghast know what I am talking about as they once were DMs for this game for a short while. With 11 to 20 action points you literally sit for over an hour on one individual character sheet, especially if the individual owns over 20 items, and carries a bunch of magical stuff with it to where you have to cross evaluate each item for each action given. So imagine having 5 players with that many action points. You sit 5 to 6 hours if not longer just to process one days worth of actions. Yes you guys, do that for a couple of months and let me see if you still want to host the game to a bunch of guys with such enthusiasm as you show. I know for sure you would change rules for the next time you host the game. There is a reason why I have changed the rules in the past, or do you think the DM is not to have any fun hosting the game. Since this thread is about inspiration, imagine my inspiration gone - then there would be no more entertainment for this small game you are enjoying as I wouldn't have the energy to host it anymore. If this game becomes a fulltime job and it feels like a job then my inspiration is gone immediately. Now that wouldn't be worth it would it, but again I am sure my roleplayers don't care anyway. Perhaps I am wrong.

And just imagine....I am saying all this with an evil grin. I knew the roleplayers are greedy that way and don't care how long their DM sits in front of the computer, so I have to take the measures in my own hands making sure to keep this game entertaining for me also. At the moment the game is still entertaining though so no worries (if you have any) as my inspiration is still level enough to host and hopefully complete the 60 action points for you guys. I doubt though you will win the game. I don't let anyone destroy Overlord Morashitar that easily. (Evil laugh)
    Last edited by Morashitar; 11-02-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Note to all roleplayers: And no you can't have 11 to 20 action points in the new version of the game as long as I live! I won't let it happen as I am not going to sit hours on one character sheet! If you guys will do it for your group in the future be my guest I will have the revised DM guidebook out eventually for you guys to download for free and keep as a gift for playing this game. It is over 1000 pages long so happy studying it when you do have it.

I think the most I can handle is up to 9 action points per spreadsheet, especially if the individual has a bunch of magical items that each need to be evaluated for each action point given, so yes 9 would be something I can handle personally. Now if I was hosting this game to one player only then yes 20 action points will be fine for I know that is all I have to do for the entire day.

Also you might ask why do I daily provide spread sheets. It is true I could host this game once every 3 or 4 days and take longer breaks, but for me personally this makes the game sluggish and slow. The goal is to have alot of activity for this game and have roleplayers visit the tavern (in character chat) daily to talk about their results and to eventually have other activities to participate in such as the renaissance festival, competitions, writing challenges, to earn rewards such as gold pieces, magical items, and experience point bonuses. It happened a few times when hosting this particular game, yet it seems those days have past. With the amount of players I have now it probably will be daily or every two days I will provide results so we can finish the game sooner allowing me to take a break myself after hosting it so long. I am a demon but no robot, I too need rest sometimes.

An automated version of this game was once worked on awhile back but the company ran out of funds and stopped half way through! So here I am your automated DM trying to keep up with the demands of my roleplayers. The only difference is that I am even more flexible then the automated version you may have enjoyed at one time if the project would have went through. Which means I actually do favors or bypass events that could have destroyed your character early on. Also I protect myself from making this game a full time job also. When it feels repetitive and forceful to host then I instinctively walk away from it and go to where my newest inspiration would be and that is creating a new game. So far, I haven't felt that way so we might just finish this game together to see if you manage to survive it.

Have a great weekend by the way and see you on Sunday for those that will enjoy the group chat version for the first time. This is also new for me as I have last hosted this game in chat format 10 years ago! That is a long time ago and much has changed in this game since then. The game is over 14 years old already and went through alot of roleplayers and experiences.
    Last edited by Morashitar; 11-02-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha ha I can't believe it. Dora Devilslayer dies again. The dice are really cruel in this game. I swear I am really rolling them as they come. The word "caution" is not in everyone's vocabulary when it comes to playing this medieval (strategy) game.

I am sure someone will revive her again though....at least I hope. If not, Overlord Morashitar is pleased. He doesn't care for demon slayers in his soon to come realm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The whole action point thing isn't to cause trouble for you Mora, it's just trying to take advantage of the system is all :P

(By the way I sit for a hour at times on my character planning out the actions... so yes I KINDA get whatcha mean. It pays off though! )

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One hour to my 8 to 10 hours a day I will trade anytime.

The whole action point thing is not a punishment at all for me, but it is a desire I wish not to pursue. I prefer no more then 6 or 7 action points per player (9 max) thus allowing me to serve a dozen roleplayers in hopes to bring more activity in the threads then to do 20 action points for one roleplayer and getting exhausted not keeping up with everyone elses spreadsheets.

Dead threads are depressing to me. I want to see activity in the games I post.

You will see what I mean if you do decide to host this game one day online somewhere.

Flexibility: When you have the DM guidebook and host the game to friends or family, you can adjust the rules to where you can provide results for as many action points you like. It only takes minor adjustments to the items one buys or events one encounters to enable to do this. That is the whole joy of hosting this particular game. You can adjust it to your likings as a DM.

As for me I would rather just keep it at a certain amount of action points allowable per roleplayer to keep it fun on my end. I too want to have a good time.

One day the KINDA get whatcha mean will turn out to be I DEFINITELY understand what you mean. I am sure of it.
    Last edited by Morashitar; 11-02-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already found a way to get my 9 actions, which could actually be 11 lol but no matter. I'll try to not cause trouble with it now and get back to the original plan... wasted 6k on nothing lol.

I'll probably find out eventually the whole problem with 15 actions, and then you can say "I told you so" and laugh. Anyone I host with sometimes has good strategies so I expect it to happen.
    Last edited by Executive Spike; 11-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll be fine. You are almost half way done with the game and are still alive! That is quiet an accomplishment if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast