Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What do you love and hate about your local Comic Book and Gaming Store? - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you love and hate about your local Comic Book and Gaming Store?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Regarding your "buy back" rate - bad idea. I know a herd of gamers that have a stack of MINT 3.0 D&D books that would break your bank. They are in great shape - but have crap for resale value. I most heartily suggest the auction thing - if that $30 3.0 book sells for $30, then all is groovy - but it will save you BUTTLOADS of money if it would only sell for $2.50.

Oh, and I'm going through all my old books, plagiarizing everything I think I want, and setting the books aside to get rid of (somehow). If you open up the shop, message me your address and you may well get a Shop-Opening present (for no charge). Condition varies, but gift horses and all that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL, thanks. I'll definitely do that. If you were local I'd sent an invite to my grand opening. Might do that anyway

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Y'know, we're only about 10.5 hours away. Hell, I've driven farther for people I knew less than you - and for causes that are less rewarding.

Holler - I'll be there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few basic office supplies. Even in this age of computers people still use pencils and graph paper. Perhaps a copier so people can copy character sheets.

I would limit it to stuff gamers use. No point is trying to be Office Despot. but when the writing implement is forgotten, or graph paper is needed now? You are there.

Back in the 80s gaming at the UM Union one of the good things about the snack shop was that small list of basic student supplies. One of my all time favorite pencils was bought there.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's actually a really good idea. I've also been thinking about dedicating a couple of feet of shelf-space to hobby-craft supplies. Our local Walmart only has a limited selection and the nearest Hobby Lobby is a couple of hours away. I think I'll wait until I see how many crafters there are when I host tutorials and classes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12