Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My personal MEGA-Project: A Massive HEROES System Campaign featuring One Piece!
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: My personal MEGA-Project: A Massive HEROES System Campaign featuring One Piece!

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb My personal MEGA-Project: A Massive HEROES System Campaign featuring One Piece!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey there Guys, I am kinda new here, but I thought I'd present you all one of the reasons I joined this forum in the first place (aside joining a fun-looking community ): It's a Project I have cooked up on my own with the aid of the HEROES System 6th Edition Rules to provide absolutely flexible character creation and -progression and a more flexible battle system as well.

At the core of the project lies the setting, which is set in the One Piece Universe, a Manga/Anime known for its lighthearted humor, stereotypical fighting with called attacks la DBZ and a unique style of technology that makes this world even more unique. However since I wish to prevent players from merely copying the abilities (or even whole characters!) from the Manga/Anime/Movies I decided to set this in an "alternate" One Piece World, where only the characters and abilities from the original series are missing, but not the various places they visited, the particular technology as well as some names that are crucial to the world itself (i.e. Vegapunk, the Gorosei etc.). Thus everyone has to create their own, quirky character that they have to play as (and let's be honest: That's more awesome than copying the original cast, right?)

Well, knowing that this plays in the One Piece world is all nice n' dandy, but the system I chose, the HEROES System, is largely unknown nowadays it seems which lead me to prepare a special "tutorial" of sorts that goes alongside the very first play sessions: Like the One Piece series, my campaign has a plot that resolves around the continuous adventures of the characters the players created, but this humongous plot will be split up into "story arcs" like in the One Piece Manga/Anime to make things easier. That means that the entire story of this future crew will go in separate arcs that deal with their own "mini-story" and their own unique setting within this world. This is to A: Replace the need for quests as these arcs revolve around a "major" event in most cases and B: To keep things close to the way we love One Piece! That does not mean I will keep out quests, they will remain as small additions to the whole events I'll prepare in the future. Speaking of said events, the way I "schedule" and plan things is also set by now:

Since we all love the freedom of roleplaying our characters as well as a story/plot to follow for guidance, I have decided to set up the aforementioned arcs so they contain a couple of "major events" than WILL take place independent what happened before to keep the arc going. While the characters cannot prevent said events, they can take action and change things (like they cannot stop the hoards of armed mercenaries from starting their attack on an innocent town, but can absolutely go ahead and stop them in their tracks) to define the ultimate outcome of things, but aside these "major" events they are free to do what they want (to a certain extent of course ).

As you can see I pretty much thought of most crucial things to consider, at least those that can be considered without any knowledge what characters play in your campaign, so please tell me what you think of this project of mine! I really want some constructive criticism for this campaign and for all those interested to take a closer look, please use this link to get to the forum on EpicWords I prepared in advance for this campaign.

Many thanks for reading this stuff, it's something I personally am indeed proud of

EDIT: Since people overlooked the hyperlink to my blog, here it is: http://www.epicwords.com/campaigns/3476
    ALSO: There are hyperlinked bits of text, so look at them!

EDIT 2: Peek at the first map for the campaign (done at 1AM, please don't kill me ;n; ): HERE!
    Last edited by Gin-German; 10-02-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    needs more linkage! ^^ hopefully, you'll be able to host it here. in any case, i look forward to reading more. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    needs more linkage! ^^ hopefully, you'll be able to host it here. in any case, i look forward to reading more. =D
    I DID link my page and stuff, but the hyperlinks here are BARELY visible o..o! I updated the post to make notice of the slightly hidden hyperlinks and added the bare link to my blog.
    Q: Who're you?
    A: Gin-German
    Q: Who??
    A: Da frickin' one

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oops. =P so you did. sorry about that.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive