Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Purusartha snorts. "Oh I'm not suggesting that I be the one to go before them. I'm sure I'd never get a chance to speak with the Alpha there, and even if I did, he's deaf towards anything I have to say. No... it's wisest for me to keep my distance from him... But you on the other hand... might have a chance to say a few words."

"I'm not even a natural born werewolf, odds are I won't be allowed on the holy ground that is the lunar-planar. You do not belong to his local pack either, but you are natural born, as is Yorick. And speaking of Yorick, I was going to ask you for a favor on his behalf."

"Bring him with you, and introduce him. Yorick isn't as familiar with our world as we are, he's vulnerable to all sorts of abuse, lies and tricks from those like Astaroth who've taken advantage of him. He needs the solidarity and safety a real pack can offer him."

"Now I'm not saying that Yorick won't make up his own mind about where he wants to live, or if he wants to join this pack, or your pack, or any such thing... I'm just asking that he be given recognition as a werewolf by other were's. Let him meet them, and see their way of life. It should be comforting and supporting for him, in his growth as a free man who's no longer a slave or a gladiator."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"My experiences show the Alpha is almost ALWAYS present. I'm not fully sure of the local pack's, but I'll agree you won't probably have a chance to speak."

Sauel looked to Yorick, he seemed the calmest now than he had been the entire time he knew him. He was getting a inflicted were's introduction into the life of being a lycanthrope. Although it wasn't a good case in that aspect, him being a slave and gladiator was probably his biggest 'free pass', as he couldn't be blamed for not knowing. He obviously held good control of his change, but not his emotions, still oddly enough Yorick probably had better control of his shifting than Sauel did.

"I'll support him as best I can. He really needs a year or two to come to terms, to grow out of his current survival mentality and find something he can do that would let him pass for human. If things are calm enough once we leave the city, I'll teach him how to hunt, how to stalk, how to survive in the wild..."

Sauel traced his fingers over the slave markings on Yorick's neck. They wouldn't provide him much protection at all, but a clear reminder where he came from. As sauel thought over combinations of how things could go, him being accepted was both good and bad as likely they would want Yorick to stay, yet Yorick's impression on Sauel was he wanted to travel and having such permission so quickly (or to go outcast) didn't seem like it would work. Still, "Our best chances are likely if we bring a gift, and act and be more like visiting members from another pack rather than have him join the pack (at least if we plan to venture together). But that's really up to Yorick."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crdechzkragar: While Purusartha and Sauel discuss werewolf affairs you sense a warning from your holy item. The item doesn't speak to you telepathically of course, but rather through the more subtle means of empathy. Inexplicably you get the sudden feeling that someone was attempting to locate you and/or spy on you by means of magical scrying. However you know as long as you are wearing the item it will protect you from such things so it doesn't bother you much. Just a passing feeling to remind you that you are still in the good graces of Userrwroth's protection.

But then... you get the feeling that someone has found the werewolves by means of magical scrying. Which is interesting because normally the item would only tell you if someone attempted to scry on you. You can only surmise this means Userrwroth considers the werewolves important to your mission, and will look out for them as well, at least as long as they are with you most likely. However the fact remains that the item will not shield them from such things so long as they have not sworn their souls to Userrwroth.

[What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 10-08-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cred

He moves to each of the werewolves and places his hand upon them and says in draconic: Userrwroth hide them from those who seek them.(cast non detection on each of them ) He does it for each of them quickly. Then states: Its time to go, they have found us. Is there a secret way we can go?
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 10-08-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: forgot name

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Purusartha: "Damn it! How did they find us?? I used every trick I know to cover our scent!" Purusartha curses and struggles to rise. The rum has clearly affected his balance for a moment as he seems a bit shaky on his legs."We... we can slip out the back..." He grunts. "...but this is not good. I can't think of any more hiding places fit for all of us between here and the Tannery."

"Sauel, carrying Yorick over your shoulder will attract too much attention at this point. We'll have to speed up his regeneration process with more magical healing." Purusartha says as he kneels down by Yoricks side
    producing his last remaining healing potion and pouring it down his throat.

[Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: = 2d8+2 HP](Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds Roll: = +14 HP's)

As the healing magic begins to take effect Yorick groans while his hands clutch at his stomach as the gaping wound in his guts largely knits itself back together. His eyes snap open wide, as though still in shock and a state of horror. He stares at Purusartha, but clearly isn't fully cognizant when he asks...

Yorick: "Am I dead? Everything went black..."

Purusartha: "No my friend. You will live on. The curse on you has been lifted, thanks to our newfound kobold friend here."

Yorick: Swivels his head to glance at the Kobold mystified. "And the Vulkyrie??? I remember seeing one... he pointed at Tix, and there was a bright flash... that was the last thing I saw..."

Purusartha: "We escaped. Tix didn't make it I'm sorry to say, but I don't have time to explain. We have to keep moving. Can you stand?"

Yorick: Still clearly traumatized and in great pain, the big Ahuran manages to rise with a little help from Purusartha.

Purusartha: "Lean on Sauel if you feel weak Yorick. Everyone ready? Good, now follow me." Purusartha says moving to the back door of the butcher shop, locked from the inside. Rabi the wolf whines, seemingly reluctant to leave.

Purusartha blows out the candle before he grasps his short sword in one hand and pulls aside the lock with the other. As the door opens, a draft of cool night air blows inside. Rabi's whines louder as his ears fold down.

Without the candle light blinding your night vision, the back alley seems less ominous, but as eyes take a moment to focus you realize you are not alone! A cloaked figure stands against the other side of the alley, waiting for you to emerge.

However, the figure holds no visible weapons and doesn't move to attack or cast any spells. It simply says in a rather tense female voice.

Stranger: "Don't be alarmed, I'm not your enemy. Although, it does not bode well for you that I found you... I am merely an apprentice. My father could certainly do better. And if he had instead of asking me, you might all be dead by now..."

[What do you do?]

Last edited by Narayan; 10-09-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

~Deuce~ Sauel cursed at hearing Cred's declaration of them being found out. (Spellcraft: 14) Sauel could recognize the general spell of non-detection put on them, making him realize their found location was done via magic. It should have been obvious as no new nearby scents had given their detector away, but currently being found out it was too late to do anything else.

Rabi's whining was never a good sign. "SSsshhh Rabi.." Sauel told his companion petting him on the head trying to calm the poor wolf's nerves (Handle Animal: 14), he felt he was somewhat successful, at least he wouldn't bolt or attack blindly.

Yorick awoke and his disorientation was well deserved, he had been dead afterall. Reaching down he helped Yorick as they left the building and into the dark alley once more. Finding their magical tracker so quickly was a little nerve wracking. Sauel had really hoped they had a few days to recover, the poison was going to keep giving Sauel issues for a while it seemed sapping his strength.

"Then I am thankful it is you and not your master who found us. If I may ask, if you are not our enemy, then are you our friend? Or someone who wishes to remain neutral?" (Sense motive: 24)

Sort of sad that the strongest of this rag-tag group happened to be the inflicted were. As for the position of whom had found them, could just be a sympathizer in one way or another. They would find out soon enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

cred

Seeing Yorik is still in pain he offers more healing (I was not aware he was that bad off or I would have healed him again a while before).

He stays hidden behind the group as he heals Yorik and listens to the new arrival that is claiming to be friendly. he then speaks from behind the group just loud enough for her to hear him.

How is your father fairing after the fight in the alley?
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 10-09-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: name

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel, Yorick

The stranger steps closer, reaching up to pull back the hood of her cloak revealing an attractive woman of delicate bone structure who is very pale skinned. (Unlike most of the local Akhenatens who are usually well tanned) It is obvious from the curve of her almond-shaped eyes and the high set of her cheek bones that she is a half elf. Her hair is brunette, thick and curly, which for the moment she's knotted behind her neck.

Stranger: "I am Thiara the sorceress, daughter/apprentice of Stethasriss, high mage and advisor to Baron Zomok. You should know your battle tonight was reported to the baron and raised his ire. Skirmishes in the streets of his fair city makes an impression that it's lawless and full of dangerous criminals, so he asked my father to look into it."

"However, my father is very busy and must sometimes relegate minor matters to others. Tonight he happened to ask me to come down and investigate in his stead because I am a capable caster in my own right. Fortunately for you, I rate my own ambitions higher than the Barons wishes."

"I don't claim to hold your interests higher than mine either, but since your enemies are also secretly my enemies,
    I am willing to consider an arrangement of mutual gain? Yet if its all the same to you, I'd rather talk inside."

[Sauel, your sense from your sense-motive check is that she's being honest and forthright with you. You detect no deception from her words or manner on first impression. However your gut also tells you that she's a serious person, extraordinarily confident and capable. (Especially considering her sex) It is likely she is dangerous when she puts her mind to it, and cunning enough to get her way most of the time. But the most telling tone to her voice is a selfish one. It's already clear to you that this woman is single-minded in her motives, completely lacking Wrona's compassion, and Kasha's luring sense of vanity also as a side note...]

Downloads
    Uploads

Cred

~Yes he had been wrong in his assumption, but it did get a direct and honest answer fast. End result another possible Allie in the destruction of the vul.~ He steps back and away from the entrance so the others can make room for her to enter.
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 10-11-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: name

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Animals are good judges of characters, or so Sauel had heard before, and he hoped he was a pretty good judge too. She appeared to be honest in her words which was good enough for him to move out of the night and back in where it was a little warmer and had a little more cover. And of course if anyone tried to scry on them again, they would be protected with Cred's magics, at least for a little while. If she was the only one looking for them, then they could relax a little bit.

"Inside does sound like the better choice..." Sauel answered with a smile. But where? It seemed the butcher shop was likely since it was already compromised as well as just around the corner (if they even left the corner), but Sauel certainly wouldn't want to bring unwanted ill omens on friends or their friend (whom he had never met). "If you have somewhere warm you'd like to talk, lead the way, otherwise I'm sure we have room in our hovel."
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 10-11-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: ^sure

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel, Thiara, Yorick

Thiara waits for Purusartha and everyone to step back inside before following. Then she shuts the back door again (but does not lock it) and leans against it. Purusartha again lights the candle, and everyone's eyes take a moment to readjust.

You can make out Thiara better now in the candlelight.
    Beneath her cloak she wears an unremarkable long-sleeved blouse and leggings that are loose enough to wear armor beneath them, though which type that might be is unclear.

Her belt, boots and gloves are all made from supple leather. She carries a pair of masterwork daggers on her hips and around her neck she wears a beautiful pendant inset with a modest but brilliantly sparkling emerald. Her eyes you notice now, are a grey-green color that give away little emotion.

She isn't very young, but her elven blood makes her age hard to pin down exactly.

Thiara:
    "Now I've told you who I am, but if we are to risk a proper conspiracy together I'd like to know more about who you all are? I guess we can start with you sir?" She asks Purusartha.

Purusartha: Clears his throat."My name is Purusartha. I don't mind telling you who I am as a gesture of good faith, but I would ask that you let my friends remain silent until you convince me it's worth the risk. I got them all into this mess, so it wouldn't feel right to me otherwise."

Thiara: "You feel obligated to look out for them huh? Because you're older and wiser no doubt..." she smirks "Well I suppose you could have done worse..."

Purusartha: "I'll take that as a compliment."

Thiara:
    "It wasn't. So you want more information from me first hmm? Well I suppose I can give you that much to start... I can see your small Kobold companion has some divine power..." she says eyeing him for a moment as if she could see far more about him than meets the eye "...but you could always use more friends in high places. My family has lived here a long while establishing our own network of informants and spies to rival those of the Vulfear. My father of course does not yet see you as allies, but if you convince me of your worth, I will do my best to convince him as well."

Purusartha: "And why would the barons high mage help us?"

Thiara: "For the same reason I'm willing to help you. We're not Vul, and we'd rather see them overthrown."

Purusartha: "I've heard many things about your father, but traitor wasn't one of them. Why would he risk so much? He's clearly not suffering now under the Vul, you might even say he's prospering."

Thiara: "I wouldn't say that. Everything my father has he's worked for honestly, and if you truly knew him like I do, you'd know he's done his best to avoid helping the Vulkyrie whenever he could. Serving the baron might seem like an evil thing in itself, but the reality is my father helps keep the city safer from the Vulkyrie."

Purusartha: "My dead friends might disagree with you, prince Asher especially..."

Thiara: For a moment she stares at Purusartha as though making up her mind about something. "I know what happened, more so than you in some regards... for instance, I know about the Vulkyrie Mage responsible."

Purusartha: Tenses, hate clearly rising up inside him."Tell me!"

Thiara: "I will, but first I want you to tell me something. You three are werewolves aren't you?" She asks glancing back and forth at the three humans.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Thiara was far too perceptive to be fooled by simple lies, denying what they were likely wouldn't get much on her good side, and she didn't appear to be in the mood to play games. That and so far she had been outright honest. Only Purusartha's request of them to remain silent kept him unsure how to proceed. Still they were trading information and you can't keep everything hidden, especially when a little divination could likely tell her the same answers, only it would cost more and she would be less inclined to help.

"I doubt feigning ignorance would work with you..." Sauel said slowly. He glanced at Purusartha a moment before finally nodding. "Yes we are werewolves, cursed to live between two worlds until the day we die; A bit like you..."

The last part was a double play on not only her position as helping yet being on the other side, but more as a half-elf where she is welcome by neither race and is only taken as an individual for hire most likely; It was likely a large determining factor for her very business-like demeanor. "Do you fear us?" Sauel asked, somehow it felt vampire-like and cliche to ask, but it seemed likely her distaste for the Vul far outweighed possibly having the Heebie-jeebies for a few lycanthropes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Her observation was well placed yet as a spell caster she could have easily seen the kind of magic I have been using, so her noting such was not so much of a surprise, she probably has detect magic going, which only adds to how she would know things. Closing his eyes for a moment he says a prayer to Userrwroth, then opens his eyes again as he releases detect magic and looks at there new arrival. Beyond that small action he sits back quietly and listens, taking time to observe.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel, Thiara, Yorick

Quote Originally Posted by Cred
    Closing his eyes for a moment he says a prayer to Userrwroth, then opens his eyes again as he releases detect magic and looks at their new arrival. Beyond that small action he sits back quietly and listens, taking time to observe.
    Thiara: (Spellcraft Check: Take 10+10 = 20, Success) Smirking, she almost laugh's as you attempt to detect magic on her but does nothing to interfere. "Very cute little Kobold. You think I'd let myself be so easily appraised by such a puny spell?"

[Cred: Roll a caster level check vs. DC 28]

Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    Sauel: "I doubt feigning ignorance would work with you..." Sauel said slowly. He glanced at Purusartha a moment before finally nodding. "Yes we are werewolves, cursed to live between two worlds until the day we die; A bit like you..."

"Do you fear us?" Sauel asked
    Thiara: "I fear you less then the vulkyrie, but I respect your strength. Yes you are a dangerous breed, but wererats are worse. Lycanthropes have always lived among us, everyone knows that, many just prefer not to think on it. The scary truth is however, that wererats rule the undercity and grow more numerous everyday."

Purusartha: Nods. "Yes, and there's one wererat ***** in particular I want to choke the life from with my bare hands!" He says balling his fists.

Thiara: Raises a brow. "Be that as it may... it's probably wiser not to get caught fighting them in the streets again.

Purusartha: "That wasn't our call! They ambushed us!" He says shaking his fist. "In any case, you were about to tell us the identity of that Vulkyrie mage weren't you?"

Thiara: "His name is Vulkerdrex the 'Drakenmage'. Infamous, even among vulkyrie mages, for his aberrant arcane experiments. That beast who killed prince Asher was his latest and most disturbing creation. Something he calls a VulDrake, a mix between a Vul and a dragon. That particular one is named Vulvivix, grown from a hatchling somewhere remote where it could be observed and trained, it is now well into maturity and very dangerous."

"It's clear he appeared here in Masaeus to kill prince Asher, but I only have theories about how he found him and from whence he came. The vulkyrie don't share much intelligence with non-Vuls, except sometimes with the Baron. Zomok doesn't always share everything he hears with my father either."

"After the battle earlier, Vulkerdrex himself came before the Baron in a rage. My sources tell me he was badly injured and very upset. He came close to threatening the baron with responsibility for the death of the vulkyrie guard you killed. But Zomok isn't so easily intimidated, even by the VulDrake circling his palace. Zomok is the most powerful non Vul in the kingdom after all."

"He could have executed Vulkerdrex for the insult, but since Vulkerdrex gets the credit for killing prince Asher, the timing wasn't good. So instead he threatened him with exile from the area and Vulkerdrex backed down. Apparently, he's so keen on revenge for nearly killing him earlier he wants to personally oversee the manhunt to bring you down."

"Baron Zomok agreed, on the condition that if he didn't manage it within a week he'd have to give control of the search over to prince Vuldraig. Prince Vuldraig if you didn't know is one of king Vulperion's heirs who resides here in Masaeus. I'd almost say its better for you that Vulkerdrex is in charge for the time being. Prince Vuldraig is far more competent in that regard, and he has many more friends and contacts locally that he could use against you."

"Of course, Baron Zomok would prefer that neither of them get the credit and so he's asked my father to look into it also. Seems like it's just politics for the Baron though, if he really wanted to come after you he has his own people he could rely on. Be glad you're not on his list of enemies yet. But that all depends I suppose on what you intend to do next?"
    Last edited by Narayan; 10-12-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

As Sauel listened to Thiara's story he found he rather enjoyed her explanations and stories of what was going on. Informative, not watered down, and yet just enough to bait you for more. She would be a great asset to any organization. Her view of them as a lesser threat seemed a good thing somehow, having less of a fear effect than other prey species.

"Actually our fight in the street probably could have been unnoticed, but someone started using fire.... not us mind you... but someone..." Actually Sauel didn't know who specifically never having met the man, or their newest companion that Cred and Asher had somehow managed to secure before Asher's demise.

"So for what we are going to do. Personally I'd like to detox and lick my wounds for a week, but I don't think that's an option from your story, beyond that..." There was also the full moon in two days as Purusartha had brought up, but being out of town within two days seemed unnecessary to bring up.

"Do you have any recommendations? Hopefully something that can bring the manhunt to a stop as well as stay under the radar, or better yet get under the Baron's graces?" The idea of having the mage taken out seemed a halfway interesting idea, but the rag-tag team of their four could barely be enough in an ambush, but the vul's words of detecting them in the alley told him sneaking up on a Vul was unlikely.

"Or maybe you'd rather be a contact for us over the mutual enemy..?" ~The enemy of my enemy is my friend...~

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast