Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1 - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 173

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "A shrine, a brotherhood standing together of different races for a common cause. Sounds like we're trying to do a religious revolution.." Sauel comments half jokingly, with a few soft chuckles, before nodding. "But that does sound like a good idea."

    Although before today Sauel hadn't heard of Userrwroth, from what Cred had said he knew he wouldn't mind paying some homage to the god. It wasn't unheard of for priests to worship or give thanks to multiple gods, and do a variety of ceremonies to those that were important.

    Sauel gave Rabi a few more strokes on his head before standing and looking to Purusartha. "Does this shop have a bathing room or something? I could use some cleaning, maybe eat something before we sleep. Oh that's right.."

    Sauel turns his attention to Cred for a little bit. "Do you have any berries? Well not exclusively berries, but something good berry can be cast on. If we're stuck here for a few days it would help with resources for a day or two..."
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 10-03-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: link to spell, and no shower

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by shadovar View Post
    Ivar: Ivar looks at the woman crying and sympathizes, his own mind is a rush of a fear and excitement, but he shows none of this on his dwarven face. The culture he was raised in had no room for this form of weakness.

    "Stop your whining Emiko, it will only attract more attention. You will face no judgement from me. Accept your mistakes and make penance for them. Remember what has happened this night, remember our fallen friends. In battle if your banner falls, you must pick it up. Do this and your fallen comrades can ask no more of you.
    Asher has fallen, it is up to us to carry on with his cause. "

    Ivar looks around, the action betraying his nervousness.
    "Hurry let us enter this place and seek refuge." With this he turns and enters the building proper sticking close to the wall as he turns down the basement stairs and waits for Emiko to follow him down. As he waits he rips some of the cloth of his already tattered clothes and attempts to bind his wounds. {Heal check=20}
    ~Look at me... He is right! I am acting like a child... I don't want to be some useless burden! I want to do great things! Great deeds like in the stories... I need to learn how to be a great warrior... and this will be my first lesson. Maybe I can watch the others and learn from them... Oh.. The others! That's right we must find them and see if they are safe... There will soon be city watch everywhere looking for us... I had my hood on... Would they recognize me?! I must follow Ivar closely, he surely must have a plan.... He looks to be a great warrior.~

    {She wipes the tears from her face with the sleeve of her haori and smiles at Ivar letting him know his words meant a great deal to her. She moves to follow Ivar and watches him bind his wounds.}

    "We must find the others that were in the alley... It will take more than just the two of us to carry this 'banner' my friend." She says just loud enough for Ivar to hear her. She smiles thinking about the word 'friend'. "I apologize for my childish behavior. Your words are wise and I thank you for them. I hope that I can grow to be a better ally for your cause... I mean... Our cause, and I hope you do not mind that I call you my friend?" She says nervously.

    ~Maybe I should talk less... Ayumu always told me actions speak louder than words, and it seems every time I open my mouth I make myself seem like a childish idiot...~

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    El paso
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ivar

    Ivar: Ivar slumps down in a darkened corner and rasps out a sharp breath of pain.

    "That must come latter. For now we must avoid capture and secure a safe way back to Wrusks Tannery. Hopefully we will find them there, if not then I have little hope of finding them in this city. Neither of us are familiar with these streets so we should seek the aid of those who do. Above in the inn, Cael seemed to be a friend of us both perhaps we can bother him and his brother for aid? Would you seek him out? I fear I would attract too much attention with my wounds. And yes of coarse you may call me friend Emiko, that spear you threw most likely saved me from a serious mauling by that dreaded creature."


    He grows slightly more pale as more pain rips through his stomach. He fumbles out his potion of cure serious wounds and drinks it. He shudders as his wounds begin to grow closed and seems to almost pass out in the comfort of not being in pain anymore.
    Last edited by Narayan; 10-20-2013 at 04:08 AM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    He shakes his head. All I have is a few days worth of dry rations. If need be I will sneak out and gather food for us.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel nods to Cred and scratches his neck a little sheepishly. "I'd have dry rations too, but I left most of my gear before going out last night, so spare food isn't huge an option... Unless this shop has dried or treated meat we could leave money in exchange for."

    Sauel pauses a few moments as he remembers they got quite a bit from the assassin and made a note to go through it later that day. Depending on what he had packed with him could prove useful, although he wasn't a arcane spell caster so identifying things not in his genre of experience tended to be... insufficient. Poor Tix, the little Guy was such a helpful Guy for the few hours Sauel had actually met him and seen him work.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel

    Purusartha: "No Cred that won't be necessary..." Purusartha says. "Even if I wasn't a werewolf I could smell that there's meat to be found in this shop." Picking up the candle to help him see he moves about the shop in search of food. However, the middle-aged Akhenaten seems morose and sore now that the adrenaline of the battle is wearing off. Slow to rise, he moves with tired, stiff-jointed limbs and heavy breathing. Hate and sorrow it seems did little to aid an aging body.

    In the flickering shadows you hear a wooden cabinet door open. "Yep, looks like there's some good meat drying here..." He says. Then you hear what sounds like clay jars being opened. "Ah, and here's a cache of herbs and spices to go along with it."

    Purusartha carries back a flank of Venison accompanied with samplings of herbs and spices to help salivate your palette. He also brings back a clay pitcher of clean water and some cups. "Oh, I almost forgot..." Purusartha says rummaging through more cabinets. "
    Yes!" He exclaims producing a bottle of rum. "...the shopkeeper likes to keep a bottle handy to share with friends." He explains taking a seat once more. "Apparently he picked up the taste for this stuff from some sailors on the docks. Can't say I blame him, its good stuff!" He says taking a swig straight from the bottle.



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel slipped out of the room when Purusartha went seeking refreshments. It wasn't long before he found the washroom, somewhere he could get cleaned up at. Soaps available enough that he made a few gestured summoning water to fill the bucket leaving a splash of water to hit the drain with the remainders of the water.

    ---

    Sauel returned some ten minutes later in a set of clean clothes he had for backups, washed form head to toe. Scars on his body from the Silver were healing slowly, Cred's magic helped speed up the process. Something must have changed since the last moon as he could feel deep in him his beast, his darker half was stronger now, and along with it so was his healing as it seemed to jump up a few degrees after a night of nearly getting poisoned and stabbed to death.

    Returning to see and smell spices and the smell of dried food, fresh water, and a bottle of rum. By the time he got to it the bottle was at least half empty. Picking it up and sniffing at the intoxicating liquor he knew it wasn't a cheap drink, but neither was it 'royalty' worthy. With a metabolism almost too high you'd have to pretty much drink the whole bottle down quickly to really get drunk, or keep a good buzz.

    Sauel upended the drink taking a good two swallows feeling the alcohol burn in his throat and make him cough a little from the drink before putting it back down to take some of the meat.

    For a moment he was startled to see Cred once more. It did raise a few questions. Sitting down next to the kobold he took a bite of the meat. "I hate to make you repeat yourself, but could you explain how you came about to the street and joined us...?". Although Cred had said he was against the Vul, and something involving Asher, it seemed there were a few missing pieces to the puzzle that explained his presence. He would welcome him regardless, but was his appearance a little too... convenient?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Crdechzkragar

    Crdechzkragar: looks at Sauel.

    You could say I found Asher through Userrwroths divine guidance. I was at the Inn before the battle seeking Asher, as he was the one Userrwroth originally sent me to assist. I met Tix and Emiko first by chance while Asher was speaking with Palenrian. I then left the Inn accompanying Asher and the others to assist you in the battle with the Wererats, before we were all ambushed by the Vul.
    Last edited by Narayan; 10-05-2013 at 06:44 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel nodded. ~So he joined us just last night since the battle....~ Sauel thought to himself. Still things would progress very in very interesting directions now, he was beginning to put faith in the half dragon, the same faith Purusartha planned to give him. But for now that was gone.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Emiko, Ivar

    The mood inside the Sand Dragon Inn is in a state of flux as rumors of the battle down the street start to float in. Patrons begin to get nervous and fearful. You overhear frightened voices start to speak out..."A dragon?!!! Here?!!!" ..."What do you mean the Vulkyrie are killing people in the streets?!"

    Cael and Caelim are clearly agitated watching frightened patrons start to leave. Any reports of Vulkyrie killing people in the streets will strike a nerve in citizens of this kingdom. It happens all too often, a fear they all share. Some clearly feel it is best to go home while they still can. By the looks of it, probably half the people here in the common room for drinks and conversation will soon be leaving.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Post Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by shadovar View Post
    Ivar: Ivar slumps down in a darkened corner and rasps out a sharp breath of pain.

    "That must come latter. For now we must avoid capture and secure a safe way back to Wrusks Tannery. Hopefully we will find them there, if not then I have little hope of finding them in this city. Neither of us are familiar with these streets so we should seek the aid of those who do. Above in the inn, Cael seemed to be a friend of us both perhaps we can bother him and his brother for aid? Would you seek him out? I fear I would attract too much attention with my wounds. And yes of coarse you may call me friend Emiko, that spear you threw most likely saved me from a serious mauling by that dreaded creature."


    He grows slightly more pale as more pain rips through his stomach. He fumbles out his potion of cure serious wounds and drinks it. He shudders as his wounds begin to grow closed and seems to almost pass out in the comfort of not being in pain anymore.
    ~Oh no! I hope Cael is still there and willing to help... I hope Ivar will be ok...~

    "Yes... Yes, I'll go ask him if he can help us get to Wrusks Tannery! Be safe til my return my friend!" She says quietly to Ivar as she heads to the common room.

    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    The mood inside the Sand Dragon Inn is in a state of flux as rumors of the battle down the street start to float in. Patrons begin to get nervous and fearful. You overhear frightened voices start to speak out..."A dragon?!!! Here?!!!" ..."What do you mean the Vulkyrie are killing people in the streets?!"

    Cael and Caelim are clearly agitated watching frightened patrons start to leave. Any reports of Vulkyrie killing people in the streets will strike a nerve in citizens of this kingdom. It happens all too often, a fear they all share. Some clearly feel it is best to go home while they still can. By the looks of it, probably half the people here in the common room for drinks and conversation will soon be leaving.
    {Makes her way into the common room and notices people rushing to leave quickly in fear from the Vulkyrie incident. She tries to act like how the other common people are acting about it. She sees Cael and Caelin and makes her way over to Cael to speak to him.}

    She waits for Cael to notice her and takes his hand in hers as she speaks. "Cael, I know you only met me tonight... But Ivar, the one who was talking with me before at the table... He is wounded... He told me I must get him safely to the Tannery, but I do not know this place or where it might be. I am deathly afraid of these Vul I hear are killing people in the streets!" she says in distress. "I am a young woman Cael and I do not wish to die in the streets tonight... Please, would you help me? Or do you know some nice person who can?" Before he can reply she interrupts remembering something else important. "Also, please, if I gave you some money... I need six rations... I will be more than willing to pay extra for them if it's a problem, but I fear that I won't be going out into the streets any time soon with what people are saying about these Vul, and I may need them until it is safer to visit an inn here again." she sighs in desperation. "I am so sorry to ask so much of you... But I don't know who else to turn to for help..." She let's her emotions build just enough to show tears in her eyes in hopes he might take pity and help her.

    ~Please help me.... Please help me...~
    Last edited by Narayan; 10-20-2013 at 04:08 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Cael, Emiko, Ivar

    You feel the dour half dwarf's pulse quicken with your touch as you take his large, roughly calloused hand in yours. Above his thickly braided curly brown beard you even glimpse a reddening of his cheeks. His dark brown eyes, normally hard and suspicious, seem to soften as he looks at you.

    Cael is handsome in appearance in much the same way dwarves are, with palpable qualities of toughness and courage seemingly grown into his strong, heavy build. But there is a simple innocence about him as well, a charming childish quality to his heart and mind that are simple and forthright helping him seem honest and trustworthy.


    Cael: "I... I would be happy to help you my lady." He says swallowing heavily. "Please take me to your friend Ivar and I will see what I can do for you."

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel

    Purusartha's slouches heavily while his breathing grows shallow and his skin flushes with the warmth of the rum, clearly almost drunk now that he's nearly drained the bottle.

    "Let me remind you Sauel..."
    He says almost slurring his words. "...Day after tomorrow there's a full moon. That means once we make it back to the safe house tomorrow we should make preparations for keeping underground and out of sight. Although..."

    He pauses deep in thought, taking another swig.

    "...on the night of the full moon senior members of the local werewolf-packs like to meet at a secret location outside the city for a gathering.
    I think they should be informed of tonight's tragedy and the attacks we've endured of late by the wererats."

    "They may not offer to help us at all, and may even rebuke our efforts, but it's better that they know about what we're trying to do. At least then, at some point they might feel so inclined to aid in the cause. If they never hear about what we've gone through that might not ever happen. What do you think?"

    Last edited by Narayan; 10-06-2013 at 04:13 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    You feel the dour half dwarf's pulse quicken with your touch as you take his large, roughly calloused hand in yours. Above his thickly braided curly brown beard you even glimpse a reddening of his cheeks. His dark brown eyes, normally hard and suspicious, seem to soften as he looks at you.

    Cael is handsome in appearance in much the same way dwarves are, with palpable qualities of toughness and courage seemingly grown into his strong, heavy build. But there is a simple innocence about him as well, a charming childish quality to his heart and mind that are simple and forthright helping him seem honest and trustworthy.


    Cael: "I... I would be happy to help you my lady." He says swallowing heavily. "Please take me to your friend Ivar and I will see what I can do for you."
    ~Yes!~

    "Thank you so much! You're so sweet." she says as she hugs him quickly and wipes her tears away.

    {She moves to take Cael to where she left Ivar in the back.}

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    "The full moon..." Sauel repeats slowly. The strongest nights usually for weres as the moon calls for them, and control even for seasoned and natural werewolves was much more difficult. It wasn't uncommon for most of them to change at some point during the night and go hunting, although what they hunted would be debatable.

    As for where the Lunar-Planar was Sauel didn't know, but it was possible the converging energies of all the were's could lead him there, or perhaps it was far enough he wouldn't find it unless led to it. It was probably the latter as otherwise it might be too close to the city.

    "The Alpha doesn't like you, hearing you stirring up confrontations with the rats or with the vul will likely make him uneasy. I'd recommend talking with.." Sauel paused as he searched his memory. "... Wrona, and get her opinion on the matter before bringing it before the pack."
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 10-06-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: fixed to local terms

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •