Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Monday Night - April 9th
    __________________________________________________ ____

[Experience Rewards Time]

-Cred = 2,000 xp +1 Character Point
    -Emiko = 2,000 xp +1 Character Point
    -Ivar = 2,200 xp +1 Character Point
    -Purusartha = 3,000 xp
    -Sauel = 2,600 xp +2 Character Points

We are on DDS 121 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.

Last edited by Narayan; 12-14-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Emiko, Ivar

Start of Scene 1_________________________________________________ ___

Emiko and Ivar reach the back entrance to the Sand Dragon Inn after they rush down the alley... leaving behind the corpses of Asher and Tix. Palenrian also is as good as dead, transformed into a statue. All at the hands of the Vulkyrie Mage and the ferocious half-dragon, half-Vul creature that appeared along with him.

But this is no time to mourn the fallen. Their current needs take precedence. Escape... survival... and hopefully a rendezvous with the others.
    Last edited by Narayan; 10-20-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emiko

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Emiko and Ivar reach the back entrance to the Sand Dragon Inn after they rush down the alley... leaving behind the corpses of Asher and Tix. Palenrian also is as good as dead, transformed into a statue. All at the hands of the Vulkyrie Mage and the ferocious half-dragon, half-Vul creature that appeared along with him.

But this is no time to mourn the fallen. Their current needs take precedence. Escape... survival... and hopefully a rendezvous with the others.
    {Slumps to the ground leaning on the back wall of the inn. She reaches into her pack and pulls out Kitsune, cuddling her close. She closes her eyes for a moment and looks as if she might be praying.}

~We are alive for the moment Kit... Tix... he was such a sweet creature... he didn't deserve that! ...and Asher... We had only just met... Another dream burned to ashes because of me... I must learn more about the world if I am to survive this and avenge those who were so kind to me. How could I have been so stupid to use my powers in the dark where they could be seen so easily?!~

{Curls her free hand into a fist and slams it into the ground at her side in anger. You see it glow a light blue as she does this and it leaves a light scorch mark on the ground. Tears begin to slowly roll down her cheeks beneath her hood. She looks down straight in front of her staring at nothing, with her hood pulled up covering her eyes. Only showing the lower part of her face.}

"It was my fault... Ivar... Your friends... I'm so sorry..." she says without moving, still staring at the ground in front of her. "If you wish to strike me... please, go ahead... I should of been the one to die." She stands up putting Kitsune back into her pack as she moves. She moves closer to Ivar so he can unleash his anger on her if need be, with her face still half covered by her hood. "Please know that I will do anything I can to help avenge them, but I do not know much of this land and it's dangers. I fear I will only bring more pain and maybe even death to you and your surviving companions. If you wish me to leave I will understand. I... I await your judgement..." she bows her head down slightly towards Ivar awaiting his response.

~Please... Show me the path I am to take... Does it end here with my death? Or will I do great things and avenge those that have been lost? There must be some reason I was born this way... Am I a creature of good? Or of ...evil?~

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar, Purusartha, Sauel

It is no easy task sneaking back to Purusartha's safehouse this time. The whole city watch has been mobilized to comb the streets and alleyways, overseen by the dreaded Vulkyrie who circle above like hungry raptors. The whole time, Purusartha uses every trick at his disposal to mask or hide your scent trail. Meanwhile, self-deprecating thoughts fill Purusartha with anger and sorrow. This was a terribly unfortunate turn of events.

~One of them for three of us, not a worthwhile exchange. We failed... no, I failed. It should have been ME who perished back there. Now we're lost... without Asher there is no claim to the throne. And without his relics, the key to Hezek's hidden treasury is lost, which would have gone a long way to financing a war against the Vulkyrie.~

Purusartha reaches a hand up to Sauel's shoulder, halting him for the moment, gesturing to an empty butchers shop.

Purusartha: "It's too dangerous to stay out on the streets any longer tonight. Let us take shelter here in this empty shop. There's nothing of great value inside, and the owner is a friend of mine so he won't mind. Sometimes when I go out hunting and he isn't around he lets me use his shop. I have my own key. Kobold, forgive me I do not know your name? You should take shelter with us as well. I wouldn't dream of abandoning you to your own fate after helping us escape the way you did."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar

Crdechzkragar: Thank you. He answers the elderly ranger in common, gladly accepting the offered shelter. These men were Ashers conspirators, but he knew very little about them. His first order of business would be deciding for himself if they should be his conspirators as well?

Moving into the safety of the shop, he looks over the pair of humans who are both seriously injured. He decides to wait before putting healings hands on them until he both has their permission, and decides they are worthy. Sadly, it is clearly too late for the third man they carried. Their thoughtfulness in safeguarding the mans corpse was touching. He wondered what sort of man he was? The attack they just witnessed was clearly very traumatic for everyone. Nerves were raw, and moral was low.

After they'd settled in a back, windowless room he decided the time was right to address the elderly ranger with the striking eyes of dissimilar color. The younger one clearly regarded this elder with respect, so Cred would do the same for the time being.

My name is Crdechzkragar, but you can call me Cred. I am a servant of Userrwroth, the god-servant of true dragons, the Vul-Slayer. I realize the death of Asher must be a shock and a disappointment to you. I am aware of his true identity and what he represented, but do not lose hope. Userrwroth is a stronger ally than he could ever be. He sent me to aid him, but I will endeavor to carry on without him, and I hope we can continue to be allies? Until then please allow me to heal you and your friends.

Last edited by voidoblivion; 09-29-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Sauel

Sauel felt exhausted, the poison still ran through his system that had weakened him earlier. True even at this weight it wasn't that big an exertion, but his wounds on his body told him he needed rest and fairly soon. Sauel lost track of himself, just moving to follow at the motions of Purusartha and only coming back to himself once they entered the butcher shop where they would be resting for a while. Sauel put down the dead weight of Yorick and sighed, feeling better if only that his aching muscles got a rest.

A whimper from Rabi nearby told him of his companions unease, maybe it was the scent of blood, or maybe it was the tension in the air of being on the run, he wasn't sure. "Rabi, it's alright.. Rest, we'll be good in a little bit after we rest..."

The last thing Sauel could remember regarding Asher was he went on a side mission to the inn, to prevent an assassination while Sauel himself went to prevent another one. This made him frown as he thought a few moments trying to remember what all they had. ~Invisibility ring.... And that hat that changed his appearance...~ items that could have been useful, but as the leader he got the best picks, well... had the best picks.

"Purusartha... IS he dead? Or could that have been an illusion?".

Sauel turned his attention to Cred who seemed both patient and understanding, and could only nod his head in appreciation to the offer of healing, his own magical powers with healing had been exhausted (Sauel not being a true cleric couldn't just sacrifice his abilities in exchange for healing). "Yes, healing is probably a good idea, a good time to rest and lick our wounds..."

Sauel's attention returned for a few moments to Yorick, he barely knew him, and yet he wondered if their kinship was strong enough. Sauel didn't look forward to 'disposing' of his body, which could include what other's considered cannibalism (for those not being born with more animalistic natures). This would depend heavily on what Purusartha thought, and he decided on.
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 09-29-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: to better fid Cred's changed post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wit the nod and go ahead form Sauel to heal him,he steps forward and says a prayer to Userrwroth, asking for divine healing for Sauel. (11hp back) as he also waits to see if others have questions for him or if Purusatha has anything more to say concerning any changes to current plans.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    "Purusartha... IS he dead? Or could that have been an illusion?".
    Purusartha: "I can't say, I didn't see it with my own eyes... it was that lordly looking fellow who told us, but I think Cred here also watched it happen? Maybe Ivar too, but I don't know what happened to him either?!" Purusartha groaned clenching his fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    Sauel's attention returned for a few moments to Yorick, he barely knew him, and yet he wondered if their kinship was strong enough. Sauel didn't look forward to 'disposing' of his body, which could include what other's considered cannibalism (for those not being born with more animalistic natures). This would depend heavily on what Purusartha thought, and he decided on.
    Purusartha: Takes notice of the way Sauel looks at Yorick. "...He's not gone yet..." Purusartha says encouragingly. "He's capable of regenerating, it's that curse that's the problem. A powerful cleric should be able to cure him."

Purusartha sighs, resting his forehead in his hand. "That ***** Kasha and those god damned wererats will pay for this... if she didn't start fighting with us that Vulkyrie guard shouldn't have noticed us... and that mage, he's not just any mage... I got a very bad feeling about him... How did he kill Asher exactly?" He asks Cred.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar

hearing that one of them may not actually be dead but cursed he moves over to Yorick. Pausing he looks to the others. It is dark and evil magic used upon the children of dragons. they are twisted to the will of the Vul. It must be stopped. *he says his voice heavy with emotions* Now please I will call upon my God to help Yorick, for at least the wisdom to where I can get his cursed removed. Is Kasha for or against the Vul? He says as an after thought while he moves to pray over Yorick

Kneeling next to Yorick he clasp the holy artifact and in draconic prays to Userrwroth. Userrwroth I am asking for you power to shine and prove that you are truly by divine right greater than the god of the Rat people, Free Yorick of the curse so that he may fight in the cause to destroy the Vul and bring Vengeance for the children of the Dragon. Guide me so I may do you will in this and free Yorick of this foul vile curse.
    Last edited by Narayan; 09-30-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Crdechzkragar
    Is Kasha for or against the Vul? He says as an after thought while he moves to pray over Yorick

Kneeling next to Yorick he clasp the holy artifact and in draconic prays to Userrwroth.
    Purusartha: Watches Cred closely, more out of fascination than suspicion.

A palpable feeling of tenseness and chill begins to ebb away from the air as Cred's hands glow with divine power, exorcising the evil taint from Yorick's body. Yorick's skin color blushes noticeably almost immediately as his regeneration begins to work.

Purusartha: (Knowledge Check, DC 17: 15+2 =17, SUCCESS) "I have heard mention of your god before Cred. It is said that he has sworn Vul as his enemies and wishes to see them exterminated! That is an ethos I can appreciate. But I do not know much more about him beyond that. I have not often pondered the motivations of deities, so mysterious and far above mere mortals like myself... especially those of other races..."

Purusartha pauses to clear his throat.

Purusartha: "...No offense Cred, but Kobolds are not typically so eager to help the likes of men like us. You say your god wanted to help Asher? Because he was conspiring to overthrow the Vul no doubt? Well what would we have to do to earn more of his favor? Speaking for myself I think its a miracle that you appeared when you did, and I am very grateful to you, and your god."

Purusartha: "As for your other question about Kasha and the Vul, Kasha did not battle us in the streets because she wanted to attract their attention. Wererats have no love for the Vul, but nor will they stand against them. They prefer to keep underground, both literally and metaphorically, and avoid confrontation with them whenever possible."

Purusartha: Sighs. "In all honesty, I feel we are more to blame for their attack then the wererats were. Asher should not have been using magic so blatantly. Bright spells in the dark of knight can be likened to lighting off fireworks. Vulkyrie will spot that from a great distance."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Sauel gives a slow controlled breath out, and then sighs as he sees Yorick's body return to life once more. It was one thing to hear about the strength of regeneration to happen, and it was another entirely to witness it yourself. With the curse gone from Yorick it meant he now could heal properly, and heal he would. Sauel also felt a little better not having to worry about how to deal with Yorick's corpse.

"I thank you Cred, I feared my new friend was dead, but it seems his body is as Hardy as his spirit."

Sauel gave Rabi a few pets to calm his animal companion. Beyond that it was interesting to listen to Cred and Purusartha talk, the knowledge that Asher may have accidentally caused his own demise was unsettling, but it made perfect sense especially with how sensitive he was as a were, those that are more specialized could be even more so.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Crdechzkragar

After Userrwroth shows his divine perfection and heals Yorick he then sits and listens to Purusartha, nodding again before he comments.

I understand, Kasha, like so many others, is a coward before the Vul and cannot be trusted. On the subject of my people, that is a two way street. Kobolds are taught to fear man just as man is taught to fear us. Yet I hope to discredit some of the rumors of my people. Now on the subject of Userrwroth...

He smiles and settles in to tell them some basics.

Userrwroth is as you said, a deity primarily known to Kobolds, for once he was a Greater Kobold, just like the ones Userrwroth summoned to attack that mage. Long ago, he risked his life to help a dragon who was being attacked by Vul. For this he was regarded as an honored servant by dragonkind. That relationship, of great benefit to both races, has carried on ever since.

Userrwroth was granted divinity by the dragon gods when he convinced many other Kobolds to take up his dogma. War against the Vul is half of it, and service to all true dragons is the other. I admit, followers of Userrwroth like myself are more open minded than other Kobolds. We are willing to make allies of all sorts willing to help destroy the Vul.

Asher was born of dragons blood, he not only deserved the right to be king, but was blessed by the gods of the dragons. For this my people were sworn to help him. Yes, he is gone, but his cause should not die with him. Userrwroth has decreed this!

You may not believe me, but I know your quest is blessed. I consider us all children of the dragon. Those ancient ones were the first creatures to rule the land and explore the cosmos. We lesser beings merely subsist in the shadow of their greatness! In this Userrwroth is like you and I, for we all are but servants of true dragons.

I believe those who acknowledge this are blessed because the enemies of dragons are also their enemies, none more so than the Vul. All of you that dwell here have real cause to hate the Vul. But you few are truly brave for taking it upon yourselves to fight them. However you were not fully aware of their heinous nature, or
    prepared against it, and that is why Asher fell.

Among dragons, there is no greater sin than raiding dragon nests and stealing their precious eggs. Vul consider dragon eggs a delicacy, the same with their wyrmlings whenever they can manage to capture one. Vul make no secret of this and have been doing it for as long as they could manage it. Here in the safety of their own kingdom however, they have apparently been up too far worse.

You did not see the monster that killed Asher, but it is an abomination of an experiment mixing the blood of Vul with that of dragons! It is a mockery of all that is holy, and certain to be the worst evil we have ever faced. Asher was just the first to die at the feet of this abhorrent creature... this creation they call a VulDrake... but I am certain he will not be the last.

Neither Userrwroth, dragonkind, or even the dragon gods themselves can abide this. It is the final straw, with this the Vul have finally gone too far! Mark my words, there shall be a reckoning! And WE should be the instruments of justice against them!

Userrwroth blesses us, even if you do not worship him as your god,
    because you honor him with your assistance in this endeavor. We should not allow Ashers death to snuff out the hope of a better future! A future without Vul!
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 09-30-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: giving userrwroth more credit via edit

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Purusartha: Nods in agreement. "I agree with you wholeheartedly. I've made it my mission to destroy the Vul, now more than ever! I don't see how I could feel any other way with the monstrous evil they've demonstrated tonight."

"As I said I appreciate and respect Userrwroth, but it is easier for a Kobold to speak of dragons with such reverence. Sauel and I, and our wounded friend Yorick here, have other ties. We are lycanthropes, we share the blood of wolves not dragons. We've never even seen a real dragon much less spoke with one. The closest we've come is meeting a half-dragon like Asher."

"For now, I have no problem being allies with you and your deity, or whomever will help us overthrow the Vul. But I respect the right of the Summaran people to choose their ruler afterwards, not you or I. If we can agree on that, I do not see why we can't be friends."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Ivar

Ivar: Ivar looks at the woman crying and sympathizes, his own mind is a rush of a fear and excitement, but he shows none of this on his dwarven face. The culture he was raised in had no room for this form of weakness.

"Stop your whining Emiko, it will only attract more attention. You will face no judgement from me. Accept your mistakes and make penance for them. Remember what has happened this night, remember our fallen friends. In battle if your banner falls, you must pick it up. Do this and your fallen comrades can ask no more of you.
    Asher has fallen, it is up to us to carry on with his cause. "

Ivar looks around, the action betraying his nervousness.
    "Hurry let us enter this place and seek refuge." With this he turns and enters the building proper sticking close to the wall as he turns down the basement stairs and waits for Emiko to follow him down. As he waits he rips some of the cloth of his already tattered clothes and attempts to bind his wounds. {Heal check=20}
    Last edited by shadovar; 09-30-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: BKLargsdfkjasjdfnaifg

Downloads
    Uploads

Crdechzkragar

he nods to the words spoken.

Neither of our people have right to rule them, they must choose there own. May haps once this is all done and over with Man will look upon our people in a new light without fear. Yet I ask that once this is over for us to build a shrine overlooking these lands in honor to Userrwroth, and those who have fallen, so there songs will not be forgotten. The message of a brother hood of different races standing together with a common cause forged in their blood gave freedom for generations to come. That those who gave all and with the blessing of Userrwroth will have brought peace to this land are not forgotten.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast