Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Interest check for a newish player
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Interest check for a newish player

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interest check for Arean-style/PvP/learning PbP game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I was posting in the Fight! thread and someone suggested that I just start a check for interest in the subject of that thread (playing quick games with only the mechanics of the game and not all the RP fluff. Basically, just roll some characters and pit that sheet against some baddies or some PVP stuff). So my thought is to start a group tat can do this. It would be to test some ideas out, maybe just some bragging rights, set up some 2-4 character teams to pit against someone else who has a team of the same amount, or just to see how a group of baddies would fare against a group. I would also be willing to post some leader board thread with some stats etc... just so we can have some reference of progression within the posting board. a few games that I have now that I would initially play with are:

• Star Wars Saga Edition (am proficient in this system)
    • d20 Modern (need to learn, never played)
    • 3.5 (need to learn, never played)
    • The One Ring (need to learn, never played)
    • Dragon Age RPG (need to learn, never played)
    • Rogue Trader (need to learn, never played)
    • Star Wars Edge of the Empire (need to learn, never played)

So there you have it.I mainly want to get some quick gaming in, while creating some generic sheets for future use in games with my son, and to use as NPC's when building my own campaigns, as well as learn some of the key mechanics of the systems i have yet to learn. If there are any other games that some of you may want to try using, feel free to steal this thread to get something going for yourself. We are all gamers and if I can help with getting this going here, then all the better!

Good luck everyone and hope to be gaming with you all soon!

-Mac
    Last edited by Yohan Redde; 09-25-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    did i put this in the wrong section?? hmmm.....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no, this is fine.

if you are proposing running a game, or looking for someone to run, then also post it in the looking for game or game advertising threads =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks nijin! so far, ur my go to guy/girl ... not sure of ur gender... sorry.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this one is male. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive