Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy - Page 6
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    She hurries after you, with the occasional glance behind. After a bit, she says, "It would seem that you have understated your capabilities. Though that does make you an able protector. I am most grateful for your assistance.​"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I am not potent compared to the others back home. We were just fortunate that that group was even less potent than myself." He looks to Moonrose and shrugs. "Or it could be that we all have secrets and now you know one of mine. The scales will have to be balanced somehow." He hurries away from the area in case the stragglers change their mind.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She seems to vacillate between thoughtful and anguished with the occasional look back over her shoulder. However, this does not slow her down, and her stride is swift and unhesitating. As the hours pass, you slowly begin to feel relaxation creep in - it seem that they truly have given up following you. You catch no glimpse of them or any other hunters the remainder of that day.

    {{{ any special preparations for camp tonight? }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Not from me.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Over the next day, your diligence is rewarded with nothing more dangerous than various beasties: flora and fauna. You notice that the hills seem to becoming more down than up and on the following day you crest a rise to see the coast of which she previously spake. Your travels have brought you slowly and steadily closer to 'sea level', and the vista in front of you is one of a large sloping plain with occasional hills, clumps of brooding trees, and knobby outcroppings of rock, all marching down to meet the edge of the water which glistens sharply in the distance. Based on the direction of sun-travel, the northern visible edge of the water is all hazy and smeared - which after some study resolves itself to be a shore-front town of some kind and the haze is the smoke given off by the town.

    Moonrose grins broadly, and indicates the distant haze, citing it as your shared destination. You estimate a day or two more of travel... three at the outside if you take it slow and easy.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Just moved and didn't have internet for over a week. Man was that rough.

    "Then this is the time to speak honestly. If we are going to be partners then we need to be able to trust one another. As I said, I was sent to find a young woman named Cilwyrr. She ran from home and her father wants her returned. He wants to make sure she is safe. I don't feel that I have to take her back, though, if I find her well and capable of taking care of herself.
    I think you are Cilwyrr. It does not matter if you are or not. I am still your business partner and you can still trust me."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She gazes at you silently for a while. "If it does not matter, then I hope you will permit me my secrets a short time longer. I hope you will trust me when I say that I have good reasons for not confirming or denying your suspicions. I assure you that I have spoken no dishonesty to you, and will reveal those secrets at a time but shortly hence. We need to retrieve my belongings and then secure a safe location, at which location, I will reveal my secrets to you." She pauses searching your face, and then says, "I offer you a token of my trust and promise" She unlimbers her pack, and rummages in it for a second, drawing out a flat bundle tied with ribbons. She unties the ribbons and draws from a packet two sealed envelopes, which she proffers to you. "Keep these safe, hidden, and unopened. Without them, we will be unable to retrieve my belongings.​"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ashbarex returns her gaze. He takes the envelopes and secrets them on his person. "Ok, partner." He holds out his hand to shake and seal the deal. "I will do as you ask."
    "Now that that is taken care of, I admit to being very curious about this city by the sea. Let's go take a look at it, shall we?"
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    you're not forgotten, i'm just figuring out what's next.
    ^-^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ahem!
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    indeed. um. while you yourself were not forgotten, i had forgotten that my last placeholder post wasn't helpful to advancing the plot... *^^* my sincere apologies.
    She shakes your hand, seemingly quite relieved. The two of you set off.

    Over the next day the town resolves into a sprawling mess of buildings, not really a city; it looks more like three or four small towns and maybe a village or two expanded and ran into each other, leaving oddly clumped open areas. One such area seems filled with bright patches of color, a faire or bazaar, perhaps. Amongst the fields you are wandering through some cultivated, some left wild, you come across the ruins of a road looping around some hills, headed vaguely from the direction from whence the pair of you came, though more to the north judging from the sun, and leading back down towards the far side of town. It would make your travel into town a bit easier, though it would mean a slight detour from the more direct route you have been heading - roughly parallel to the coast line.

    You can make out a large and well marked road on the far side of the town leading away along the coast line, and there seems to be a fair amount of smaller docks on the shore of the town, and more docks along a curved spit of land forming a partial bay where a few larger ships weigh anchor. The odd tugging you have been feeling inside of you seems to be pulling away over the water, rather than towards the town. There seems to be a decent amount of movement along the far road and around the ships. There are also many cultivated fields carved into the hills mostly on the nearer side of town, while the far side seems to be more orchards and gardens. There does not seem to be any buildings above three or four stories, no towers, and no defensible walls or fortified buildings that you can see. Wood and stone predominate. There is a brisk wind from the water, but it brings no smell of salt with it.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I can't believe its been this long since I've checked this site. I've had quite a lot happen, though. It will probably be after the new year before I respond. Happy New Year!
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "We should go around so that we arrive by road. It will look so much less conspicuous." Ashbarex considers the city for a moment. He considers himself a worldly fellow and his experience tells him that, no matter how new the locale, there will be something about it that is familiar. Only time will tell if that holds true on this world as it does on his.
    "So, have you made arrangements for lodging while in this magnificent burg?"
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •