Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 88

Thread: Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Not too far off the mark, I must admit, though you are incorrect in one point, good sir. I have made arrangements for trade items which lie ahead, I need only arrive safely to set them in motion. Once set in motion, I will be able to obtain the fruit of my arrangements. It is not practical or safe, after all, to carry trade goods across a distance when one is expecting to be alone. Also, I differ from you in another point! There have been some who start with nearly nothing, yet make of themselves merchants, or leaders, or much else. There is no guarantee that I will be as such, but surely I may assay the attempt and discover for myself?"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Oh! You prepared ahead of time? Very wise of you. You seem to have all the angles worked out. What will you be trading in? Cloth? Spirits? Livestock? And what of those you're leaving behind? How do they feel about your choice to become a merchant princess?"
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    "If you will permit a woman her mysteries, I should prefer to wait till I have retrieved my goods before I reveal their nature to you. Or at least until we have come to know each other better. As for my family, some have become merchants themselves, I am following in their footsteps. Should I fail in my endeavors, however, they are certain to be displeased. This is my big chance to prove my ability."
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "You are an interesting woman." Ashbarex remarks. "Your mysteries? Well now I am a potential investor. As I said, I am not from here. However, I may be here for quite some time and it may be necessary for me to begin to replenish and even grow my funds. This.... You seem like a prime opportunity for me to get in on something on the ground floor, as the saying goes, if that is all right with you? The fates may have had us meet for a reason. Where is your next stop on your journey or do you plan on skirting all civilization as you walk to the city by the sea?"
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She smiles, "There are not that many towns out this way. I had thought to travel straight for one of the sea-towns, but I am not sure that my supplies alone will cover two. Depending on if you have anything left at this end of your long journey, we may have to stop at one of the few inland towns on the way. You keep implying that you are from far away, and yet are unfamiliar with this area. How came you here in such a fashion that you know so little? Ah! You said plane-jumper? By that do you mean that you came from one of the elemental planes, or perhaps even by jammer-ship?" She seems excited by this last prospect.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Neither. I was transported, somehow, from my plane to this one. It was an exhilarating experience to say the least."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She mulls this over, wrinkling her brow in thought. "Perhaps you were summoned by a Power, or by a Contractor. I do not know much about such things." After a further pause, you can hear her stomach grumble, and she turns away slightly grasping her middle, blushing rather vividly. "It, it seems that I hunger. Please forgive my rudeness," she says with an embarrassed squeak to her voice.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Of course. I did lure you here with the promise of food." Ashbarex prepares the meal.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 11-17-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The meal and the accompanying rest pass by fairly uneventfully, except for your thoughts. The unfamiliar stars play hide and seek behind drifting clouds which begin to appear.

    {{{ if there are any questions or specific lines of conversation you wish to pursue this night, please let me know so i can compose answers. if not, then events will resume in the morning when both of you awake. }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ashbarex would like to wake early or at least before Moonrose. He'll get the fire going and then go for water once he sees that she is waking. He'll give her some time to 'put on her face'.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 09-28-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The morning is pleasant and cool. She wakes fairly swiftly, and is ready in surprisingly short order. You note that she slept with the veil on. She also has a customized travel utensil of cunning make. In appears to be a wooden spoon with a few tines extending forward from one side of the bowl, with a bulky shaft and metal accents. This proves to be extensible, and locks into place with the same metal accents that serve as clips. Unfolded, it proves to be offset such that it forms something like a "z". This allows her to eat without removing the veil, or revealing more of her face as she eats. Somehow, you are not surprised, though a few other thoughts cross your mind.

    She eats swiftly, sharing from her pack some hard travel bread and dried fruit. She bites off one end of the tough crusted bread, and pours in some liquid to soften it. Once finished, she cleans after herself, and shoulders her pack ready to go.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ashbarex will eat as well. He'll let her lead any conversation they have. After breakfast, he'll clean up the camp area in preparation of going to the nearest settlement.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She doesn't talk much, a little about the food and speculations about the weather, concentrating mostly on eating. During cleanup, she tries to help. It is apparent to you that she has the theory of how to break camp down pat, but has not had much actual practice, though she is attentive and tries to improve by quietly watching how you are doing things.

    Once all is done she faces the west, ready to set out.


    {{{will you be flying or walking?}}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    {{I can't fly yet. At least not for any significant length of time.}}
    Once Ashbarex notes that she's watching him, he begins say the rhymes or phrases that help him remember what to do. You know along the vein of 'I before E except after C' or 'ROY G BIV'. "Sorry. Such things help me to keep everything straight." He gives a friendly smile and finishes cleaning up. As they travel, he continues to allow her to guide the conversation. Often, it's not what you say, but how well you listen.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 11-17-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Your first day of travel is mostly uneventful, small woodland creatures, a herd of oddly marked herbivores that you don't recall ever seeing before, a small pack of wolves trailing behind the herd which avoid you, and once a fairly large bird passes overhead up high. Moonrose proves to be a climb-the-next-hill sort, chatting amicably about the plants and animals you see along the way, but otherwise focused on what the next view might bring. The similarity of hills, trees, scrub, grasslands and occasional stream does not put a damper on the obvious delight she shows with each hill crested. The sun is westering before she changes subject, asking if you have any idea who it was that brought you here, or where they might be found, or what they want of you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •