Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 88

Thread: Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'll stay invisible while following the figure to the campsite. Trying to figure out who it is.
    * Int Roll *

    * Wis or Sense Motive *

    * Listen *

    * Spot *

    * Search *

    Once at camp. "Ok. Let's have a better look at you now." He casts Light then Detect Magic. "Let down your hood, would you?" Ashbarex says as he becomes visible again.

    Assuming they are still 'friendly', he continues, "Welcome to my humble accommodations. I don't have much, but I'll share what I have if you will share why you've followed me."
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 08-28-2013 at 10:19 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-28-2013 10:17 AM
    Search: 1d20 (3)+ 4 (4) = 7
    Wis or Sense Motive: 1d20 (13)
    Listen: 1d20 (17)
    Spot: 1d20 (15)+ 4 (4) = 19
    SearchInt Roll: 1d20 (5)+ 1 (1) = 6
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    The figure settles down on one of the stones near the fire. There is another small jump as you become visible, and the figure leans away slightly from the aim of the crossbow. At your request, the hood is lowered, revealing a huge mass of hair tamed with braids and ties, and a feminine face, though the details are obscured by a veil over which bright eyes look directly into yours. Between the fire and your light spell, you should be able to see through the veil better than you can, and your detection confirms that there is low level magic involved.

    In response to your request, she speaks for the first time, "There is no need for the crossbow. My weapons are with my pack, back there." She waves back towards the bush. Her voice is a pure and clear contralto, sounding more like a musical instrument than a typical voice. "As for my following you, you happen to be going my way. I thought perhaps, safety in numbers, though a woman traveling alone with an unknown male may be suspect, or in danger, thus my caution." After a brief pause, "I would like to retrieve my pack, if I may.​"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'm sorry. I had assumed she had brought her supplies with her. I'll roll a spot check to see if I noticed it, but if I would have seen it, I would have preferred for her to bring all of her gear with her. Weapons and all.
    * Spot *


    If I didn't note it by design: "I mean no harm to you or your reputation. I trust you will say the same of me." Ashbarex lowers his crossbow.
    "Of course you may gather your things. I'll come with you, if you don't mind. You are a woman travelling alone and should not be traipsing through the wilderness in the dark alone without an escort if it can be helped." He teases.
    * Diplomacy *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-28-2013 01:08 PM
    Spot: 1d20 (13)+ 4 (4) = 17
    Diplomacy: 1d20 (6)+ 9 (9) = 15
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    {{{she had deliberately hid her pack out of line of sight of the campfire and a distance away before approaching the bush.}}}

    She thanks you and makes no trouble for you. Retrieving her pack entails a somewhat longer than anticipated, if uneventful, walk out into the dark and around a couple of hills. Given the size of her pack, and the ease with which she hoists, settles it into place, and walks back to your campsite, you estimate that she is quite a bit stronger than her first impression would imply. She also moves rather silently, perhaps even better than you.

    You note that the veil seems to hide her face completely once out in the dark, hiding even the gleam of her eyes. Once back at the camp and in the light, it simply obscures details of everything below the eyes. She rests her pack on the ground near her and sits back on the same stone as before.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-30-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    {{I am not liking that veil at all.}}

    Ashbarex walks alongside the woman in silence to get her pack and return to the camp. Once back, however, "My lady, I am Ashbarex, plane jumper, world traveler, and retriever of lost children. Whom do I have the pleasure of turning my charm loose upon this night?He strikes a pose with his clawed hands on his hips and his wings flexing a bit.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She eyes you a moment before replying, "I am Moonrose..." Her mouth quirks up in an unsuccessfully suppressed lopsided smile. "Are all of your kind like that?"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "If by kind you mean dragon, then yes. But how could one not be vain when one is this awesome?" He teases. "However, I am not a True Dragon, though I am a scion of the blood of dragons. In truth, I have never met another really like myself. As far as I know, I am unique in all the world." He pauses a bit for effect before continuing. "Now, I will refuse to say another word until you tell me something of substance about yourself or why you are out here or you could remove the glamour and let me see what you actually look like."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She was quite amused, enjoying your banter, giggling at your posturing, but at your last comment her face falls. "I am traveling to... a certain place, where I hope to establish myself as a merchant." She looks away from you, staring into the fire. "I, I don't look like others, and I want to be judged, on my own merits and strengths... not on how I look." Her hand unconsciously brushes her veil. After a brief silence, she continues, "If that makes it impossible for us to travel together, then I will go my own way, and take my chances." Her hands clench together in her lap.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Yeah. It must be difficult being different and unique. I wouldn't know anything about that myself" [Heavy Sigh] "You must have had it very hard growing up." Ashbarex pauses for sarcastic effect. "No one gets it like I do. The looks and stares, the fear and hatred, and the insults and prejudice. I have a personal hatred for those with a scholarly interest. I won't press you on it, but you might consider putting your looks to work for you. You said you hoped to become a merchant. Why not put your looks to work for you? No matter what you're selling, traders will want to talk to you as a novelty. Once you have their attention, it's easy to talk them into lower prices or higher prices as the case may be." He then leans in closer. Ashbarex's slit irises narrow and smoke leaks from his mouth, "Plus when you can do this it's easy to intimidate them when the situation requires it."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She smiles wanly as she unconsciously leans away, "I see that I am wrong to think that because one looks dangerous or striking, that the cruelty of others would be suppressed. But you sir, I think, have advantages that I do not. I doubt that anyone looking upon you would think you incapable of defending yourself, or that you are weak." She pauses and hmmms as a thought strikes her. "I was referring to painful experiences I have had... in, ah... in... suitors... who spoke pleasantly to my face but, I discovered, secretly shuddered at the thought of being wed to my face, being willing to overlook it solely for what advantages such an arrangement might have brought. I had thought it unique to women, such pain, but your words give me cause to rethink. Being so unique, you also... ah... ermmm." She stumbles to a halt over her words, flushing visibly even through the veil, clearly thinking she has possibly offended you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I have also had my heart broken and have been betrayed. It is a difficult trick to let the evil in others be their problem and not your own. It is difficult not become bitter and spiteful or timid and fearful. I have no good advice for you. I only know that neither of those were right for me. You don't know me and have no reason to believe me, but you can trust me." He gives her as sincere a smile as he can. "I hope you find your true love and feel brave enough to show the world your true self, Moonrose. If that is your real name." [Mischievous Grin] "Enough about that. Perhaps you can tell me more about this 'certain place' you are going to to become a merchant."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    She sniffs and turns her head partly away, but you can see a crinkle at the corner of her eye revealing her offense to be mock. "Moonrose most certainly is my name, the one I was given at my birth, and have born ever since." After a moment, she turns back, "As to where I wish to go, have you ever heard of the Immortal Queen?​"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "No. I am not from here. I am sure that there are many many places, people, and legends that you know of that I could not possibly know."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    "Oh. Well, her fame is supposed to have spread far and wide. She is said to live on the islands in the midst of the Saltless Sea, in a city which welcomes all who will abide their laws. It is also said that they deal in trade of many different kinds. It is there I wish to seek my opportunities.​"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    182
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "So, Moonrose, you're a young woman travelling alone in the mid of the night to, what I assume to be, a far off land to find her fortune doing business in the city of a legendary queen, all the while you are reticent about showing yourself. As far as I can tell, you have little in the way of inventory and, I suppose, not much in the way of coin either. Not that I'm overly interested in your coin, mind you. Do, I have a fair grasp on the situation we've been discussing?"
    If she agrees that Ashbarex is on the right track or remains silent, he'll continue, "You do strike me as knowledgeable about the region, though. Perhaps you plan to try to begin with whatever you have brought as trade to set the roots of your fortune and fame. One trade after the next, building first a road to the coast, then a ship to the island. A fine story so far, eh?"
    "Tell me, then, do I have your tale right so far? This is most important, because, if I do, you will not make your fame or fortune as a merchant."
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •