Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
McAfee Red Warning when I logged on WTH?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: McAfee Red Warning when I logged on WTH?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation McAfee Red Warning when I logged on WTH?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Whoa!

Are you sure you want to go there?

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/login.php?d... may be risky to visit.
    Why were you redirected to this page?

• When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There can be a couple of reasons for this.

1. Some spam-bot purposely - or some REAL user accidentally - posted a linky to an attack site here on PnP. In lots of cases, it's on posts like, "What is your favorite _____?" and then they have, "Well, mine is ____, and I can download it free at www.omg-bad-site.com.biz.GTFO" The LINKY is to an attack site, so McAfee sees PnP as supporting attacks. The mods are pretty quick at getting rid of stuff like that... but it takes a while for McAfee to catch up to reality

2. The site is hosted by a third party (like 99% of sites), and some OTHER attack site is also hosted by the same bank of computers. While PnP is still cool, McAfee sees the entire server as being infected... to include PnP and any other legit site on the servers.

McAfee is paranoid - like it's creator - but it's thorough. Unfortunately, innocent sites can get caught in the cross-hairs.
    Last edited by Malruhn; 08-10-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    knowledgable reply, thanks, i learned from it. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive