Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Part 1, Act 1: Scenes 1-5 - Page 39
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
Results 571 to 583 of 583

Thread: Part 1, Act 1: Scenes 1-5

  1. #571
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    jeffersonville
    Posts
    115
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Asher

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Moves forward 30' and raises his bow yet again for another shot. (Roll 20, already calculated distance) "Once it is down we must leave the area immediately and leave the body" The vul would follow the fallen ones scent. (did kasha leave?)

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    (Kasha went invisible. If she left, it wasn't down the alleyway as I'd probably have scented her. She's either hanging out nearby or left in the Chaos, which is more likely. Unless someone detects magic or can see invisible, we won't really know for sure)

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Asher, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ivar, Palenrian, Purusartha, Sauel, Tix, Yorick

    As Tix prepares to deliver the coupe-de-grace on the paralyzed Vulkryrie, another magically appears in the air as though teleported. This one wears robes, fluttering beneath its large wings while it hovers. This one does not hold any javelins but its hands still deliver death as it gestures in the practiced motions of arcane spellcasting towards Tix. The white rhat barely has time to react as a lightning bolt fires from its taloned finger.

    Tix: (Reflex Save DC 21: 6+6= 12, Fail)(Damage: 29)(Tix dies)

    Tix is hit by such a powerful blast of lightning he bursts aflame as the bolt passes through him, and then arcs over to Yorick and Purusartha.

    Purusartha: (Reflex Save DC 21: 2+12= 14, Fail)(Damage: 9)

    Yorick: (Reflex Save DC 21: Auto Fail)(Damage: 20)(Yorick dies)

    However bad the appearance of the Vulkyrie Mage would seem to be, something far worse descends on you. You feel it before you see it, as the downdraft from huge wings swirls about the street like a strong wind. Asher tries to look up and turn around, but the weight of the freakishly large Vul creature bearing down on him nearly crushes him, pinning him against the cobbled street with large talons.

    It appears like a nightmarish crossbreed between a Vul and a Dragon, large in size with a huge wingspan. It's hide is plated with thick armor-like scales with feathers hanging from the trailing edges of its leathery wings and tail in earthen tones of brown, green and orange. It's eyes are no longer opaque like a Vuls, but more dragon like, glowing orange with yellow pupils. Its claws and talons are oversized, and its fearsome beak is much larger and more jagged than a Vuls. As you watch in horror, it jabs that beak down and rips Ashers head off as effortlessly as you might squeeze the head off a tick .

    [Ivar its your turn]
    Last edited by Narayan; 09-25-2013 at 12:38 AM.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    El paso
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Ivar

    <<Well yall I thinks it might be time to scatter @_@>>

    Ivar: Ivar runs the 110 feet to the southern most edge of the ally to the sand dragon inn his eyes wide with fear at the sight of such a monstrosity. He whispers a a nigh inaudible prayer to Moradin to see him through this night. <<Ivar performs a run action moving to the bottom left corner of the ally to the sand dragon inn angling to keep out of reach of the massive dragon vul.>>

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    As Tix prepares to deliver the coupe-de-grace on the paralyzed Vulkryrie, another magically appears in the air as though teleported. This one wears robes, fluttering beneath its large wings while it hovers. This one does not hold any javelins but its hands still deliver death as it gestures in the practiced motions of arcane spellcasting towards Tix. The white rhat barely has time to react as a lightning bolt fires from its taloned finger.

    Tix: (Reflex Save DC 21: 6+6= 12, Fail)(Damage: 29)(Tix dies)

    Tix is hit by such a powerful blast of lightning he bursts aflame as the bolt passes through him, and then arcs over to Yorick and Purusartha.

    Purusartha: (Reflex Save DC 21: 2+12= 14, Fail)(Damage: 9)

    Yorick: (Reflex Save DC 21: Auto Fail)(Damage: 20)(Yorick dies)

    However bad the appearance of the Vulkyrie Mage would seem to be, something far worse descends on you. You feel it before you see it, as the downdraft from huge wings swirls about the street like a strong wind. Asher tries to look up and turn around, but the weight of the freakishly large Vul creature bearing down on him nearly crushes him, pinning him against the cobbled street with large talons.

    It appears like a nightmarish crossbreed between a Vul and a Dragon, large in size with a huge wingspan. It's hide is plated with thick armor-like scales with feathers hanging from the trailing edges of its leathery wings and tail in earthen tones of brown, green and orange. It's eyes are no longer opaque like a Vuls, but more dragon like, glowing orange with yellow pupils. Its claws and talons are oversized, and its fearsome beak is much larger and more jagged than a Vuls. As you watch in horror, it jabs that beak down and rips Ashers head off as effortlessly as you might squeeze the head off a tick .

    [Ivar its your turn]
    {Freezes in fear as she watches some of her new friends die so quickly. Her mouth drops open at the sight of the huge Vul/Dragon creature biting off Asher's head.}

    ~I can't believe what just happened! We were so close to getting away unharmed... These Vul creatures are truly terrifying... and what in the world is that thing that killed Asher?! I must try to survive this! I have to... Staring at the face of death... I am too scared to die!~

    "Run..." Emiko tries to yell, but it only comes out a bit louder than a whisper.

    {She notices Ivar running towards the Inn they came from and moves to follow him. She pauses for a moment. You see her look as if she is bracing herself for something. Her hands begin to glow a very faint blue and the glowing blue seems to spread all over her and create an aura of energy swirling around her covering her whole body.}

    ~Hopefully this will help keep them off my trail... If only I could do the same for Ivar and the others...~

    (I move to flee by Ivar's side as he runs towards the sand dragon inn. Standard move, approximately 30ft. Invokes Entropic Warding upon herself:
    ENTROPIC WARDING:
    Least; 2nd level equivalent
    When this invocation is activated,
    chaotic energies swirl about you,
    deflecting incoming arrows, rays, and
    other ranged attacks (as entropic shield: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Entropic_Shield ).
    You leave no trail (as pass without trace: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Pass_without_Trace )
    and cannot be tracked by scent. You
    can still be detected normally by scent,
    just not tracked.)
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 09-25-2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: fixed quote

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Sauel

    ~Deuce~ Sauel growled seeing the sudden appearance of an unwanted foe and with Asher's apparent death (could just be an illusion...), if there was any time to do anything it seems to have already passed as these guys moved fast. "Rabi! We leave!" Sauel told his companion, Puru would know the intent and the avoiding of names for the moment seemed important. Sauel looked to Yorick; ~Deuce Deuce!!~ he growled some more, picking up the now lifeless body before heading down the alleyway.

    Sauel could only hope the paralyzed Vul would fall to the attack of his still active summon, regardless it wouldn't provide much more of a distraction as it's time was almost up.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ivar, Palenrian, Purusartha, Sauel

    The large VulDrake flings Ashers severed head aside from its beak which with one casual jerk of its massive head and opens its maw to roar deafeningly at Ivar as he bolts past. The freakish large dragon likely weighed well over a ton and would almost be thirty feet long if it stretched its neck and tail out lengthwise. Its wingspan was easily twice that, but currently it had its wings raised with over sized, menacing, Vul-like wing-claws poised to rip and tear at anything that comes within range. It's tail, lined with feathers along the sides to help in flight, snakes back and forth with an additional large grasping claw at its tip easily capable of tearing through the toughest flesh. Ashers head bounces and rolls across the street with a sickening clopping sound as his body pumps the last of his life's blood over the cobblestones where it will nourish nothing.

    Palenrian: For a moment, Palenrian is too overcome with shock and horror at the death of Asher by the VulDrake to react. ~Gods! What in the hells is that freakish draconic creature! That poor young prince! He truly wasn't kidding, these Vulkyrie were an evil to be reckoned with!~

    Palenrian: Forcing himself to recover his wits, he lifts his eyes up to the hovering Vulkyrie Mage. "DAMN YOU!!!" The Acamean lord curses. Unable to fire his compound bow still weakened as he was by Kasha's poison, and feeling doubtful about his chances against the Vulkyrie Mage with magic, and seeing that Purusartha and Sauel have a clear path of retreat down the side alley, he decides it is more prudent to escape with Asher's other conspirators. He doubted he'd have time to get by the VulDrake in one piece chasing after Emiko and Ivar. There was just simply too much ground to cover to catch up with the Warlock and the Runecaster. He wished them luck.

    Palenrian:"KOBOLD! IT'S TIME TO GO!" He shouts at Crdechzkragar as he steps up to the helpless, fallen Vulkyrie guard he'd paralyzed, finishing him off with a quick angry thrust from his longsword. "ASHER IS DEAD! WE MUST AVENGE HIM LATER!" He shouts at Purusartha knowing he and Sauel could not have witnessed Ashers death from where they stand within the side-alley. They simply did not have the line of sight.



    End of Round 7_________________________________________________ _____________________

    Because of the appearance of the VulDrake and the shocking nature of Ashers death, everyone should roll Initiative again before we start round 8.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Sauel

    (init: 11)

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    (Initiative: 1D20+3 => 20)

  10. #580
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    (Initiative: 1D20 => 20+7 =27) I am withholding action until I see what the VulDrake and/or Vulkyrie Mage do.
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 09-27-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: action edit

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ivar, Palenrian, Purusartha, Sauel

    <Start of Round 8>_______________________________________________ _ __________

    [Bleeding Damage*][Fire Damage#][Spell Damage^]

    Initiative/Damage

    Vulkyrie Mage: (29)
    Cred: (27)
    Purusartha: (20) -15
    Emiko: (20)
    Palenrian: (17) [-6 Str] -38
    Sauel: (11) -17
    VulDrake: (10)
    Ivar: (4) -11

    First to act, the Vulkyrie Mage shrieks with anger as Palenrian ends the life of the fallen Vulkyrie guard. Clearly advanced in age it's feathers are turning grey, almost white, in bright contrast to its ornate blue robes. Raising its taloned finger again it points at Palenrian...

    Palenrian: (Fortitude Saving Throw DC 20: 1+11 = 11, FAIL)

    The Acamean almost manages to scream, frozen in midstep, as his body and all his equipment instantly turn to stone!

    [Your turn Cred]


    Last edited by Narayan; 09-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Cred

    Knowing the party is in trouble he prays to his god and focusing through the holy Item gifted him for this sacred crusaded. Calls for greater Kolbolds to cover the retreat of his companions.

    {Summon greater Kolbold behind the ancient VulMage, to attack it in the name of our almighty, and for all dragon kind}

    ((if movement allows I will begin retreating as fast as possible after this. action))
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 09-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Ivar, Purusartha, Sauel

    The diminutive Kobold raises his arms high, muttering in ancient draconic cant and suddenly five more winged humanoids appear in the air behind the Vulkyrie Mage. However unlike the avian Vul, these beings appear to be larger winged-kobolds, known as greater kobolds.

    Much larger and physically powerful than Cred himself, these kobolds would stand as tall as humans with strength to match the Vul. They are also frighteningly more draconic in appearance with large teeth and claws to match.

    Together the, greater kobolds move to attack the Vulkyrie Mage en-mass in a swarm attack, making it difficult for him to cast any spells while damaging him to best effect with their natural weapons. However, the Vuls keen sense of smell allows the mage to avoid being taken completely by surprise.
    [in other words he is not flat-footed]

    Greater Kobold #1: (Bite Attack: 19+6=25, HITS)(Location: Gut)(Damage: 13)
    Greater Kobold #2: (Claw Attack: 16+6 = 22, HITS)(Location: Gut)(Damage: 8)
    Greater Kobold #3: (Bite Attack: 19+6 = 25, HITS)(Location: Chest)(Damage: 16)
    Greater Kobold #4: (Claw Attack: 15+6 = 21, HITS)(Location: Chest)(Damage: 8)
    Greater Kobold #5: (Bite Attack: 11+6 =17, MISS)

    The Vulkyrie Mage almost seems to vanish within the swirling mass of wings, teeth and claws. His wounds leak blood, falling as red spatter on the ground beneath.


    Purusartha: "YESSS!!!! DIEEEE!!!!" The older Akhenaten exclaims with joy at the surprising sight of newfound allies swarming the Vulkyrie Mage. In an instant, his guarded reaction to the Kobold newcomer has shifted to grateful.

    Purusartha: "Come with us!" He gestures to Crdechzkragar, rushing down the alley after Sauel.

    ​[End Scene]
    Last edited by Narayan; 09-28-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •