Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 1: Scenes 1-5

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Well I wouldn't want to tell you too much that an outsider really shouldn't know Sauel. It could get us both in trouble with the alpha, and that's not something you want... if you want to keep all your teeth at the very least." He grinned flashing his missing teeth again. "I probably shouldn't have told you about Wrona, but she's such an amazing woman it's kind of hard to hide her gifts and lie about what she is. Just be sure to treat her like a lady, with respect at all times."

"She has a big heart, probably the nicest werewolf you'll ever meet or hear of, with a soft spot for feeding the hungry as you can see. A few of her pack are closeby whenever she's here, guarding her. Though I doubt that's entirely necessary, Wrona can take care of herself I assure you."

"The majority of her pack does not live within the city though. Some werewolves are just too claustrophobic to live indoors. We let the wererats rule the city, but ours is an unhappy truce with them, because they won't commit in the fight against the Vul. They're content with things as they are because the Vul do not hunt them like they hunt us. We prefer to live out in the open, and that is where the Vulkyrie are most dangerous. Here in the city, the Vulkyrie are handicapped. They know better than to go indoors, or underground, searching for us. We've already killed many of them that way, setting up ambushes in place they can't fly away."

"What we do in the city, is largely just laying low, licking our wounds, or gathering information and resources. If we stir up trouble, we end up having the wererats complaining. And if we really piss em off, it gets bad... real bad... trust me you do not want to be in the middle of a wererat swarm!"

"So what needs to happen, as far as I'm concerned, is finding better ways to kill the Vulkyrie out where we live and roam so we don't have to spend so much time hiding in cities with the likes of them. I have some ideas in that regard, but the Alpha refuses to hear them, so I will just have to go out on my own and prove to the others that he's too much of a stubborn fool to be the leader this pack needs."

"I need to show them my ideas will work. And I will need your help to do that Sauel. None of the other werewolves will risk it without the Alpha's permission."
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-18-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Another hint to the internal struggle, an unhappy truce between two different were groups, the alpha stubborn, and everyone else not willing to risk their neck for fear of his retribution, and the kind and caring Lupa. Sauel mentally filed this all away for later. Sauel himself was too wary of city walls to ever live in the city, although maybe a small house outside of the city walls might be livable where the air is still fresh and you can still see the bright silvery beautiful moon which calls to you, like a lover reaching her hand and wanting to be held even for a few hours in such warmth and caresses.

Sauel realized a tear was running down his cheek, and he wiped it away, the internal poetry sorta getting the better of him. "I'm sure the wererats would be far more helpful if they were actively hunted, or there were enough of them on the surface..."

Sauel finishes off his stew, drinks down the broth and feels a bit better, not quite full, but definitely better. Reaching down and petting Rabi he realizes Rabi fell asleep, somehow so content and safe in this room, perhaps knowing there were larger, badder creatures in here that were effectively protecting him without really meaning to. Somehow that was comforting.

Sauel blinked as he looked over the setup, the table and chairs was too large just to fit the two of them, other than having a little privacy... "Are... we waiting for company?"
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 06-18-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Achetti

Indeed the beggar does give you directions to the Tavern of Endless Thirst. You find it on a narrow street in one of the poorer neighborhoods of the city. However you get the feeling you are being watched but you have no trouble getting inside.

As the door opens, a flood of pleasant scents waft over you.. Roasting meat, fragrant herbs, spices, and the hint of sweet leaf tobacco from a pipe. The interior is pleasantly warm beneath a low ceiling. The Tavern is actually a converted set of lower rooms in a much larger building.

The kitchens of two sets of living quarters have been combined, with the intermediate wall knocked out, and the common room is really just two living rooms brought together. Nor are there the usual booths and tables here, instead common household furniture is offered for the patrons.

The common room is actually rather crowded, with several other patrons enjoying hot meals or drink. Though, It looks doubtful that many of these people could afford to pay for their meal, most look like they've worn the same clothes for a long time. As you enter, you take a glance around looking for someone matching Purusartha's description. (Spot =6 FAIL)

You don't spot him yet, however, there are a few older Akhenaten men in here so you'll have to move through the common room and look around some more to be certain.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

"Take him away. Have the healer stop the bleeding and lock him in one of the dark cells." Saeed instructed the guards, who roll Astaroth unto a stretcher and carry him off.

"You've got your freedom now Yorick. But I warn you, this kingdom is dangerous for your kind. You've seen the Vulkyries I'm sure? They'd like nothing more than to peck out your entrails if they knew what you are. The Vul have assassins, enforcers, informants and spies among us called the Vulfear."

"Anguls are very rare visitors to this city. The Vulfear took note of Astaroth no doubt. That's why they sent someone to follow us. But you kept yourself well hidden, and never spoke your name to the watchmen."

"I will have to make up a story about what happened here. But you need not worry, no one will know you were involved. That is not to say I think you should go and wander the streets alone. You've never had your freedom before, and as I said this city is dangerous for your kind."

"You will need help, shelter and guidance from other werewolves. There is one I trust named Purusartha. You can find him at the Tavern of Endless Thirst. Tell him I sent you. I'll send a slave with you to take you out another exit and show you the way."

"Go now Yorick, but do not despair. You are among friends now, and we will meet again."

Downloads
    Uploads

Yorick

Yorick: Grabbing his bag he quickly thanked Saeed and followed the slave out to the Tavern of Endless Thirst, walking casually to not be suspicious and kept watch for anyone tailing them. Putting away his weapon to his back to try and not pose threatening and covered himself from any watchers above or behind with a cowl. It wasn't easy to not be intimidating considering his natural bulk and size so it's likely some who passed by him might have been fearful.

Entering the tavern he looked around the are "Happen to know who this Purusartha fellow is?" he whispered to the slave looking around and using his senses to get a clue possibly.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Asher

"Well met Ash!" Gorath says. "Oh there are many fine Inns in this city sir you'll have no trouble finding a room. If you're looking to meet other adventurers, you should visit the Sand Dragon Inn. If its entertainment you're after, check out the Harpy. There's always a performance going on there with bards, dancers, actors, you name it. ...Excuse me for a minute." Gorath says collecting a pitcher and some mugs carrying them to one of the tables.

The two men at the bar whisper something to each other and snicker. "Hey.. Asssh. That ale light enough for ya?" They ask with a bit of a slur to their words. These men have a different pallor to their skin then most Akhenatens, and their eyes have a strange shape to them. If you had to guess, you'd presume they were Neferese, and nearly drunk. (What do you do Asher?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Asher

Would drink down his ale at a relatively slow pace as if he was paying attention to the two who were trying to annoy him or possibly start a fight. Not that he needed to start one now. "Yes it is in fact" Turning around in the chair with the tankard in one hand he would look at the two. "If you do not mind I must leave" He says as he places the tankard back on the bar. Collecting himself and pulling up his hood and cowl. If possible he would leave without looking or acknowledging the drunkards.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel. Yorick

Sauel

Sauel: (Control Shape= 32) You detect a strong aura from another werewolf that enters the tavern. Very excited and a little agitated.

Yorick

(Yorick, can you describe yourself please as you enter the tavern? It's just you, the slave who came with you left as soon as they led you to the entrance of the tavern.)

Last edited by Narayan; 06-19-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Purusartha can't detect were's in humanoid form

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Achetii

Achetii cursed her stature (or at least those of the creatures she was surrounded with) in her mind as she looked around unsuccessfully for her contact. Still, looking at the golden lining of this cloud, she felt safer here than on the street, as the (from her perspective) massive humans formed a natural wall, a shield of sorts, against the eyes of the Vul. She pulled back her hood, and briskly shook her head to correct the feathers messed up by the hood's abrasion.

She meandered through the crowd, looking for Purusartha, and listening for the name spoken aloud. If this did not yield results, she would find her way through to the bar, buy something fruity, if possible, and ask about him.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-19-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

{Takes note of Yorick's entrance}

Sauel's eyes turned immediately focusing on Yorick. There was no doubt this was a lycanthrope, although what kind he wasn't sure; However Yorick didn't hide himself very well (or maybe he wasn't even trying). Sauel frowned a little at such lack of control not knowing of Yorick's difficult years. Next to Sauel a familiar growl was barely audible; Without looking Sauel's hand reached down petting Rabi. "Don't worry Rabi.. It's alright..." Sauel whispered. The comforting touch was enough to relax Rabi from being on edge, so long as Yorick kept his distance.

"I'd say from your reaction you've never seen him before... Isn't it bad manners to be so agitated that your ready to project your energy?" Although he wasn't 'projecting' his energy, it was just under the surface like it wanted to, it might be considered a challenge by an alpha, or his agitation could potentially be contagious.
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 06-19-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Reworded post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Achetii

After a few minutes of pushing your way by people that barely realize you're there, you decide to climb up on one of the barstools at one of the kitchen counters that have been converted to a bar. You see a tall, dark haired Akhenaten woman running the kitchen dressed in a worn, but lovely, green dress that swishes back and forth, to and fro, her hands a blur as she handles bowls, jars and pots, helping the cooks prepare their meals.

As she spots you climb on a stool she smiles and moves over to the counter where you're sitting. S
    he is beautiful, her hair so long it would reach past her hips if she didn't tie it up halfway down her back. She isn't young, though her actual age is hard to guess. You also feel drawn towards this woman somehow, she has an aura about her that drew from a strong character with a personality to match. Her eyes are a striking shade of green, with flakes of orange and yellow.

"My name's Wrona, this is my place." She says adding. "My what beautiful feathers you have! I can't remember the last time a Keu came in here? What can I get you?" She asks sweetly.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-19-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

Yorick: Walks into the tavern, ducking a bit to clear the doorframe. He has a hulking, hugely strong body-build, draped with a tattered travel cloak and is around 6'1"-6'3" people can guess. A sheathed knife hangs on his chest, and the sound of chain mail can be heard from beneath his shirt. A metal helm is attached to his side by a strap, and a 4-bladed spear hangs off his back, the blades pointed upwards above his head almost scraping against the low ceiling. (Control Shape Check to Detect other Were's = 20 FAIL)

After noticing the Akhenaten man (Sauel) glance at him and his pet wolf growling, he walks over and removes his cowl revealing himself. As an Ahuran His skin was slightly pale but reddened from the hot Akhenaten sun. There is a scar over his left eye and his unkempt, dark brown hair hangs slightly over his face and thickly around his neck, which also bears a brand of some kind? He takes a look at the wolf and says "There a problem here?" Kneeling down, he stares at Rabi fearlessly with stern blue eyes.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Achetii

Achetii chirped happily. "Thank you, Miss Wrona, for the compliment. Your own hair is similarly remarkable. I would like to buy a drink, something fruity and very weak would be nice, if you have something like that."

For a moment, she turned to look in either direction one more time, before turning back to the gracious and beautiful Akhenaten woman and speaking in a more quiet tone. "Truth be told, I feel no more safe than a rabbit in a fox's den. I am a courier, here on business. Have you heard of anyone named Purusartha?" She hoped she had not made a mistake letting that be known.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-19-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"There wasn't a minute ago..." Sauel replied looking up to Yorick. He could tell Yorick was looking down and intimidating Rabi, however you can't start a fight over just glaring. Rabi growled before lowering his ears and backing up slipping more under the table and behind Sauel's legs seeking cover.

"That wasn't a very nice thing to do.." said, obviously very disapproving, but what could you do? There wasn't fighting and nothing was worse for wear. "Now that you've picked on my friend, if you have nothing else to do here, please move on...". Sauel would not get intimidated from him here, he was in another were's den so any threats would be all bark and no bite, but that assumes he didn't force Yorick's hand.

He turns his attention from Yorick to pet Rabi speaking soft encouraging words (Handle Animal: 8) and it was apparent his pet would take a little while longer to calm down, he wasn't the most combative wolf there was, and would likely never be an alpha or head of his own pack. This seemed a little sad in it's own way.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Asher

After leaving the Brown Brew Tavern you stroll down the streets again, taking in the sights. However, as you pass by an alley you think you hear a loud yelping/squeaking sound, as though an animal were injured stopping you in your tracks. A short distance down the alley, you make you out several Rhats scuffling. Apparently, four grey rhats are kicking, clawing and biting a fifth white rhat curled up defensively on the ground. Another black Rhat, seemingly a gang-leader, holds a wicked-looking kris dagger. He starts to speak and you have to strain your ears to hear him... (Listen = 18 Success)

"Alright that's enough. Time to kill this one in the name of Vermithrax!" The black rhat gang leader growls stepping forward as if to use his dagger in a coupe-de-grace!

However, even if you had the inclination to save the white rhat from the others, this alley is blocked off from the street by a tall, locked, wrought iron gate, too strong to force, topped with sharpened iron spikes that make climbing over it a very difficult and potentially deadly proposition. (What do you do Asher?)

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast