Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Part 1, Act 1: Scenes 1-5

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Asher

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Something light coming up!" The dwarf says filling a tankard from another tap. Asher can see the other pair of men at the bar glancing at him out of the corner of his eye. (Listen check for Asher =8) For a moment he thinks he hears them mumble something about him, but he didn't catch what it was.

"Here ya go." The barkeep says placing the tankard on the bar for Asher. "That'll be a silver piece please. Names Gorath, Gorath Aleheart." He says extending a meaty hand across the bar towards Asher. (what do you do Asher?)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

You detect nothing however, no trace of his werewolf essence. You realize after a while that Purusartha is deliberately leading you in lazy circles, walking through narrow streets surrounding the same neighborhood. And then, as easily as he produced the cane he puts it away again and stands up straight.

"Good, were not being followed." He says matter of factly. "Now I'm thirsty, and I'm sure were both hungry for some breakfast. Let me show you the best place for food and drink in the city." He said walking briskly down a side street, stopping before a swinging sign hanging above a door which says. Tavern of Endless Thirst. Before he enters though, Purusartha lifts a hand to your shoulder, and another hand to the doorframe. Very deliberately, but still natural looking. "That's so our friends watching us know your my guest." He whispers, and then opens the door.

As the door opens, a flood of pleasant scents waft over your noses. Roasting meat, fragrant herbs, spices, and the hint of sweet leaf tobacco from a pipe. "You'll have to keep Rabi calm in here, or he'll be put out for sure." Purusartha warns, entering the warm interior beneath a low ceiling. The Tavern is actually a converted set of lower rooms in a much larger building. The kitchens of two sets of living quarters have been combined, with the intermediate wall knocked out, and the common room is really just two living rooms brought together. Nor are there the usual booths and tables here, instead common household furniture is offered for the patrons.

Purusartha leads you towards one corner of the room and selects a large high backed chair for himself, offering another to you, with two more empty chairs across from you. Before you is a low circular table, with a pitcher of cool water and four glasses. The room is actually rather crowded, with several other patrons enjoying hot meals or drink. It actually looks doubtful that many of these people could afford to pay for their meal, most look like they've worn the same clothes for a long time, just like Purusartha. (What do you do Sauel?)
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-17-2013 at 03:03 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

It was curious that he was being led in a large circle, however it wasn't like he had anywhere to go, Rabi remained close and relatively calm through all of this as long as he was close. It was a little unfortunate that Rabi would never become truly accustomed to the calmer domesticated lifestyle, but his heritage was too obvious and it was far more likely he would be hunted, or with a good care-taker he would be used as a hunting dog rather than being the nearly free wolf he was.

Sauel was confused not detecting anything at all, if he hadn't had such a convincing and forward explanation regarding their relationship in the pack he likely would never have suspected him of being a lycanthrope; Well unless he lifted a horse in public or something like that of course.

They worked their way now free of the illusion of the old man and the younger helper (or nephew or something or another) and came to this tavern. A hand on his shoulder and 'so our friends watching us know your my guest' made the hairs on the back of his neck rise. Truly if Purusartha weren't leading him here or telling him these things he would never have known. All this made his inexperience even more obvious.

Sauel touched Rabi's head petting him. "Are you going to be okay Rabi? Will you behave?" Already the wafting hints of spaces told him it would likely be too big a temptation to be completely passive. With a more assertive voice he orders Rabi "Heel", and in together he followed. (Handle Animal: 12)

Once at the table he took a few moments to survey the various patrons, several of them seemingly poor and broke. A shiver went through Sauel as he realized this was likely the den of Purusartha's pack, or potentially one of the daytime retreats. It was curious he didn't hardly sense anything. Those that were dirt broke likely had other jobs, scouts, beggars, spies, and any number of other jobs which in the rural area would be far like needed or likely.

Sauel was certain Rabi wouldn't keep himself calm for too long unless his own hunger was dealt with. With little choice he flagged down one of the workers (assuming that Purusartha doesn't stop him) and orders a bowel of beef stew, and some mixed cooked/raw meat for Rabi to enjoy. Likely when his animal companion was full enough he would happily just lay there and enjoy pets until they would have to leave.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

Quote Originally Posted by Executive Spike View Post
    Yorick: He whispers to Astaroth trying to not seem conspicuous "Someone's tailing us. Not sure if he's with Saeed or not felt I should letcha know." He continues watch of the man but not draw attention, checking to see if there's anything off about the man following the three. (by off I mean if he's hiding anything dangerous or hiding his true presence?)

As soon as you approach Astaroth and try and speak, he whirls around, club in hand raised to strike at you. But before he does, Saeed grabs his arm.

"That is not necessary my friend!" Saeed says, gripping his arm with surprising strength. "He was only trying to warn us!" He adds more softly.

For a moment, Astaroth looks like he might get angry at Saeed, but instead shrugs it off.

"Don't worry." Saeed speaks to you. "That man is nothing to worry about, but thank you for being so watchful."

Astaroth shakes his head, clearly nonplussed at the notion of thanking a slave. But a few moments later, they continue their conversation as if nothing had happened. After walking for a good while, Saeed leads you through the gates to the inner city beside the steel market, and there to your left, beside a local city watch substation, is the arena.

"Behold! Our arena." Saeed says grinning. And truly it is impressive, with the most beautiful stonework you've ever seen. From within, you hear echoes of the roar of the crowd, the cries of bloodlust the same in any language. "Come, lets go inside." Saeed says. (What do you do Yorick?)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Achetii

No Keu can be described as great in stature, but all the same, Achetii felt tiny. It wasn't the humans mulling the grounds near the bridge, or the grand bridge itself. It was only partly the enormous danger she was foolishly walking into. What it was was the enormity of the task that had befallen her.

She trembled a moment as she passed the sign. If the letter she carried were found...

No.

No no no.

Forcing the thought out of her mind, she plunked her coin in the slot and pushed herself forward, drawing the drab grey-brown cloak tightly around herself. It wasn't nearly enough to disguise her race, but maybe, just maybe, it would help her draw less attention than her bright red, blue, and green feathers would. She had even draped a hood over her bright, golden sun eagle friend, though she hated to do so.

She slowly made her way through the crowd of people, eventually finding someone who looked down on their luck and investing a silver piece into a simple enough question:

"I've been travelling all day, and I am thirsty. Do you know of any places that serve drinks?"

A question she would steer in the direction of the Tavern of Endless Thirst.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-17-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

Yorick: "Great, my home basically." He followed them in, observing the area and people around for anything suspicious and to know what competition he'll likely face. ~Hopefully I won't be fighting anymore animals here, not too fond of the tiger I barely manged to deal with.

The place does look marvelous though, much better than the poorly made dens of the Angul... unfortunately I bet the losers are still eaten, just by the Vul.~ He started listening in to the two's conversations, trying to hear of anything of importance.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

Quote Originally Posted by Executive Spike View Post
    Yorick: "Great, my home basically." He followed them in, observing the area and people around for anything suspicious and to know what competition he'll likely face. ~Hopefully I won't be fighting anymore animals here, not too fond of the tiger I barely manged to deal with.

The place does look marvelous though, much better than the poorly made dens of the Angul... unfortunately I bet the losers are still eaten, just by the Vul.~ He started listening in to the two's conversations, trying to hear of anything of importance.

The pair of them are discussing gladiators in great detail, and Saeed is explaining how the Vulkhans keep and train their fighting slaves, which sounds worlds better than the Anguls. For instance, a Vulkhan gladiator is allowed a straw bed in their cell. Along with fresh food and water, even wine on special occasions. In addition, prized gladiators were allowed conjugal visits, hot bath's and massage.

Astaroth laughed loudly. "You really will spoil him with such good treatment!" He argued. But Saeed didn't seem to think so.

"It's not so much that they should have to fight to survive. It's that they should have something to fight for." Saeed said. "In Vulkh, it is possible for a gladiator to earn his freedom. All it takes is baron Zomok's blessing, which he has been known to give if he is particularly impressed.

The three of you climb a stairwell and end up in Saeeds private viewing box above the Arena, where a half orc was battling eight spear-wielding goblins. The best private boxes were reserved for the Vul of course, and there were four of them currently watching the sport. You notice that common Vul are far less disciplined and reserved than the Vulkyrie you spotted above the city gates.

"Well I must say you Vulkh did right by yourselves using Dwarves as architects! But now my friend I think it is time to get down to business." Astaroth said.

"Of course, of course." Saeed replied. "I promised you five thousand gold pieces for Yorick, and I keep my word." Saeed said. "If you wish, I keep the paperwork and some coin in my office in the lower levels. And you Yorick, can make yourself at home in your new cell when we're through." Saeed said smiling.

"Excellent!" Astaroth said wringing his hands together. He grinned so widely you could practically smell the greed oozing from his pores.

Together you make your way into the lower levels, where Saeed kept his gladiators. His office was an antechamber to a sort of kitchen/storeroom/preproom where some common slaves were currently washing clothes for the gladiators. Saeed dismissed them, and they quickly took their leave shutting the door behind them. Saeed kept two guards in this room at all times, to keep watch over his office and his valuables, and they were fierce looking and well armored.

"Have a seat." Saeed told Astaroth gesturing to a large table at the center of the room. Meanwhile he went into his office and searched through his drawers coming back with a bill of sale, pen and ink. "If you prefer, I have gems instead of coin? A large chest of 5,000 gold pieces will weigh over a hundred lbs, you'd need servants and guards to help you carry it." He said.

"Gems will be fine." Astaroth said quickly. And Saeed obliged returning with a bag of 10 gems, each worth 500 gp.

"Just sign the bill of sale, and these gems are yours." Saeed said plopping the bag of gems on the table before taking a seat at the other end. Astaroth took one long look at Yorick, with a smile of deep satisfaction on his face as if he believed he was doing Yorick a huge favor, and then scrawled his name on the parchment.

"It is done!" Astaroth laughed, reaching for the back of gems.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Saeed asked. "I'll need the key to his collar and manacles."

"Of course." Astaroth said quickly grabbing a cord from around his neck that held the key and tossing it to Saeed. "Now he is yours!" He said licking his lips and grabbing the gemstones.

"No... he is not mine." Saeed said snapping his fingers. His guards instantly drew their blades stepping towards Astaroth. The Angul looked horrified, scrabbling around the table readying his club.

"What is the meaning of this!" He screamed.

"Allow me to explain." Saeed said icily. "We Summarans consider lycanthropes our dear allies against the Vul. They are some of the only ones willing and capable of fighting them. We have a long tradition of supporting each other in a secret war against our hated oppressors. So when I saw you had one kept in captivity, I could not abide that. And thus..." He began, tossing the key to Yorick. "...You will finally reap what you have sown you Angul monster!" Saeed said vehemently.

(What do you do Yorick?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Yorick

Yorick: He quickly started undoing the restraints, heading to his weapons and watching the Angul, readying his barbed 4 bladed spear, pointing it at him "Out of all the possibilities." He quickly tried to use his net and restrain Astaroth. (Initiative = 12)

Astaroth: (Initiative = 20)

Sensing what Yorick would do with his net, Astaroth ducks and rolls beneath the table the instant he throws it, avoiding its clutches and closing the distance between them so he can attack with his club at the same time! (Tumble Check DC15, result = 13 FAIL) However, his fear and nervousness cause him to screw up a bit, and his tumble isn't as quick as he hoped. Therefore, he ends up having to use 2 move actions to complete the maneuver and does not get an attack in. Plus, it gives Yorick time to react and move again before the next round. (Yorick what do you do?)

Yorick: He closes in and tries to trip Astaroth to the ground (Melee Touch Attack = 28. Str Check = 10) "Out of all the days"

Astaroth: (Dex check to resist being tripped = 13) He avoids being tripped by Yorick, but because Yorick has improved trip he can't counter-attack.

[End of round 1]

Yorick: (Initiative = 7) He wants to trip him once more, thinking that strategy will work since it served him well in the ring.

Astaroth: (Initiative = 9) Having just dodged a trip attempt by Yoricks trident, Astaroth leaps at the offensive and swings at Yorick, holding his club with both hands for maximum impact. "I PROMISED I WOULD SEE YOU DIE FIRST YOU DOG!" Astaroth screams.

(Attack roll = 20 HITS)(Hit Location roll = 12, Left Leg)(Damage = 7 -1 for Yorick's DR, for a total of 6.) Astaroth's club connects with Yoricks left leg, bruising it heavily, but no other adverse affects.(Your turn Yorick)

Yorick: He winces in pain from the injury, the hit breaking his tolerance to stay calm and goes into a furious rage, not caring anymore about sparing the man's life he tries to take a vicious stab at Astaroth (Attack roll = 24 Damage roll = 13! Hit Location roll = 4 Left Arm) And pierces Astaroth's left arm with ease, gouging it and leaving a mortal wound in the process. "THIS. THIS IS REVENGE FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU CLOBBERED ME" He roared after and readied himself for another attack

[End of round 2]

Yorick: (Initiative = 16 WIN)Slightly gaining the thought of strategy again he tries to trip Astaroth again, sweeping the end of the blade from left to right (Touch Attack = 20 Str Check = 13.)

Astaroth: (Initiative = 13 LOOSE)(Dex check to resist trip = 23) Astaroth easily dodges the expected trip attack from Yorick but instead of swinging his club he hurls it at Yorick's head instead, with a called shot!

(Called Shot to the head w/ thrown weapon (Club) = 12, MISS) Astaroth's club sails over Yorick's head harmlessly, but he then draws a dagger, which looks to be made of Silver. "I keep this for special occasions wolf-man. I hope you like it!" Astaroth hisses.

[End of round 3]

Yorick: (Initiative =23 WIN)He eyed the dagger, fearing the deadly metal it was forged from and roared in anger once more (dunno if that needs a intimidate check or not) thrusting his spear at Astaroth (Attack roll= 28. Hit location = 12 Left Leg) and hitting gracefully in Astaroth's left leg (11 damage) leaving yet another mortal wound and took a 5 foot step around Astaroth, readying himself for the angul to attack with the dagger of toxic metal

Astaroth: (Initiative =10 LOOSE) Crying out in agony from the pain in his leg Astaroth lunges at Yorick with his silver dagger! (Attack = 11, MISS) However he misses, and his blood starts to soak his leggings as well as his shirt. "DAMN YOU!" He curses at everyone, surrounded and wounded. "I won't be the last Angul you meet Yorick! More will come looking for you, and they will drag you back in chains! You know what comes of slaves who dare to kill an Angul!" He croaks, his eyes glazing over and wild with panic.

[End of round 4]

Astaroth: (Initiative = 20 WIN) (Attacks with his silver dagger = 14, MISS) Astaroth attacks again, and again he misses!

Yorick: "Let them come, they will all fall like you. My clan will have it's vengeance!" He roars as he thrusts once more (Attack = 21 Location = 10 Left Leg) Hitting again and adding more wounds to the already bleeding leg! (Damage = 9) "You and the rest of the cannibals will regret ever forcing me to fight my own friends, my own people!"

Astaroth groans with agony, clutching feebly at the trident stuck in his leg trying to pull it out, but instead collapses. in the pooling puddle of his own blood, the silver dagger slipping out of his fingers. His eyes closed and his breathing became very shallow.

[End of round 5][End of Combat]

Last edited by Narayan; 06-18-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Asher

Reaching a hand into one of his pockets he would retrieve a silver piece and slide them across the bar to the barkeep. "Ash at your service" He replies as he shakes Gorath's hand, it wouldn't do to seem cold to anyone who may prove a potential ally. "Tell me is there a place to stay that you trust?" His eyes glancing to the pair of men watching him, he did not like being watched. It frankly set his nerves on end.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

"It is done. He will bleed out and die within minutes Yorick. Though, you do not have to kill him just yet. Let me hide him here in one of the cells. He may be more useful to us alive if other Angul ever track him here. And you can make him suffer, as he made you suffer all those years. The choice is yours." Saeed said plainly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Yorick

Yorick: He raised his weapon and pointed it at Astaroth's neck, slowly pushing him to a wall and having the blade touch the darkened skin, struggling to not push in and slowly calms down "This man... has suffered enough. Killing him would be what he'd want but I refuse to torture, it would only make me the same as him." he slowly lowered his spear and backed away "Do as you wish to him, but I choose life." He walked back further to let the guards deal with Astaroth, grabbing a cloth in his bag to wipe the blades on the trident carefully, watching Astaroth

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"Purusartha! I see you've come back empty handed again." A sweet woman's voice said, calling out from the kitchens. You glimpse a tall, dark haired Akhenaten woman dressed in a worn but lovely green dress that swishes back and forth, to and fro, her hands a blur as she handles bowls, jars and pots, helping the cooks prepare their meals.

"I'm sorry I didn't find any fat rabbits today. But I did find a stray." Purusartha answered.

"That's not a nice way to introduce someone! Shame on you!" The woman said leaving the kitchen to come over to your spot. You could see she was beautiful, her hair so long it would reach past her hips if she didn't tie it up halfway down her back. She wasn't young, though her actual age was hard to guess. "Oh what a beautiful wolf!" She said, kneeling and reaching over to pet Rabi's head.

Rabi actually started to lick her hand, a very surprising behavior towards a total stranger, especially since she put her hand so close to his feed bowl. Most people that try that with a wolf usually lose their fingers.

But you also feel drawn towards this woman somehow, she had an aura about her that drew from a strong character with a personality to match. Her eyes were a striking shade of green, with flakes of orange and yellow.

"My name's Wrona." She said taking a seat across from you. "This is my place, and Purusartha is an old friend of mine. Though he doesn't seem to get any better with age." She chuckles.

"Well this is Sauel, he's gonna be in town for a while. So I thought I'd show him a good place to fill up the old grumbler." Purusartha said patting his stomach.

"Oh yes, well we can certainly do that here." Wrona said taking a longer look at you. "I see you're starting with a beef stew, but if you want something more substantial, just ask." After flashing another lovely smile at you, she stands and moves back into the kitchen again.

(what do you do Sauel?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

"Nice to meet you Wrona" Sauel replied giving a smile although it was curious seeing how Rabi was so comfortable as a total stranger, and yet her aura seemed to be a magnet that compelled you to like her. Magic probably, a natural magic of either personality or charm.

He felt ever so slightly uncomfortable when she looked him over and something about what she said and how she said it. A fluttered thought went through him that perhaps she was propositioning him, maybe finding him interesting as a sexual playmate for a while, although if that were the case would it be polite to turn her down? To accept? What would the options be and how. This left a slight blush on his cheeks; Once she was out of earshot (or as much as she could be) he turned to Purusartha. "Is she... attached to anyone?" It was a hesitant question, not that he was asking cause he was interested in her to date or anything near to that, yet it seemed important to ask. The look and raised eyebrow from Purusartha made him squirm a little and turn to petting Rabi who was calm and eating quietly, obviously content with the meal provided. Likely the meals would be a few copper.

"What... does she do for a living? I mean, I doubt she only serves food in here..." Still a puzzle, even though he worked with animals and could calm and even coax them a bit, it wasn't anything near what she just did. A slight rumble in his belly made him look over the contents before reaching into his clothes pulling out a pair of chopsticks. Deftly and with skill from years of use he picked up chunks of meat and veggies putting them into his mouth before chewing; When the broth covered everything he would lift the bowl and sip a large swallow of it before resuming with the chopsticks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Purusartha nodded. "Yeah she's attached. She's the alpha female. And I for that matter, am the Omega. I've known Wrona for a long time, but I wasn't aware of what she was until a few years ago. And when I found out, the alpha came for me, but Wrona, she saved my life. She wouldn't let him kill me. But thanks to his attack, I was turned. And now, she's trying to make me part of the pack, but the Alpha wants to keep me out."

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Sauel

Purusartha's answers gave him the first understanding of the structure and powerplay he had entered. If Purusartha was the omega, then Sauel being a visitor wasn't likely any higher than that either, or maybe being a guest he was, however he doubted he would have any real chance in any type of fight, not that any kind of fight would be a good idea. A side thought had went through is head that perhaps Purusartha was the Alpha, but now that had been answered quite well now. Also with Wrona being the Alpha's mate (Lupa in some packs/societies) it left him a little more confused than before. If she had interest in him for anything sexual then he might be walking a very very thin line depending on the alpha's position on it all, and most Alphas didn't share their mates.

Pack rank and hierarchy seemed like a very important thing to get to know sooner rather than later. "You're the Omega? I wouldn't have guessed... But if that's the case... I think I need to know who in the pack are in charge; I wouldn't want to insult anyone really important..."

Purusartha and Wrona... Something about the way he spoke of the two of them meant they had some history that was long running, a side romance at one point? Whatever their history it was best not to ask, and more important to be cautious; But meeting the Alpha female also meant it confirmed he was in the den of the pack (or one of them).

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast