Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Variorum of Victoria: Chapter the Second: Into the Darkness - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Variorum of Victoria: Chapter the Second: Into the Darkness

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You move as quietly as you can to the cross hall. You move up to the edge of the wall, and peer down the opposite way, seeing the hall stretch out and curve out of sight, empty. You do not hear anything in particular except for the sound of the air moving. The air is cold, dry, and still has that odd scent. You then peek around the corner and are extremely shocked to be confronted by a flesh-like wall, which upon stumbling back and looking up, and up, and up, proves to be a giant monster right in front of your nose!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    If it hasn't noticed me I slowly back away as quietly as I can but also study the area. If it has noticed me then I wait to see if it's hostile. If it is I try to run back into the hall out of it's reach. If it isn't I see if it can understand me by saying hi and studying the area to see if there's anything relevant.

    * Spot check *


    * Reroll Spot check? *


    [[D20 didn't roll last time for some reason, at least I don't think it's possible to get a 0 on a D20 anyway; should at least be a 1 I think]]
    [[Well that didn't work... I hope I don't need a spot check :/]]
    Last edited by Arahira; 11-16-2013 at 11:26 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    11-16-2013 11:21 PM
    Spot check: d20 (0)+ 3 (3) = 3

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    {{{if you put just "d20" in the roll, it will error - whenever you get a 0 for the roll result, that means there is some syntax error in what was written in the roll tag. i think you have to put "1d20" at the least. }}}
    It does not immediately react, other than to wheeze laboriously. It is huge, and in the shadows, somewhat hard to make out; but after a few tense moments you realize that it is a giant monkey of some kind, perhaps a gorilla. It also is at least partially a construct, as you can see embedded components, tubes, and other glowing and blinking things mixed in with very scarred flesh. Your heart rate begins to consider returning to normal.

    At your greeting, there is somewhat of a reaction, a twitch. After a moment, it slowly leans forward putting a hand down on the ground in front of it, then lowers itself so that it is on its elbows, arms resting on the floor. This has the effect of bringing its head down to almost your level. It regards you with one eye. With a start you realize that half of its head is missing, replaced with construct components, but the ocular portion has been damage and shattered.

    It takes a breath, grimacing frightfully, but the voice is soft and low, almost shaking your teeth it is so deep a tone. "What... are... you?" The voice sounds broken, from such long disuse that it is barely understandable.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I watch with both horror and pity as this creature before me lowers itself to be eye level with me and wonder who could be terrible enough to create such a thing. At the same time I feel guilty for being impressed by the skill to combine construct and living creature. Still, how long has it been here alone? It's disrepair an obvious sign that it's been abandoned. This whole place looks like it's been abandoned for a very long time. What happened here? So many questions arise the more I see of this place.

    "A friend." I say in response to its' question, hoping I don't provoke it." My name is Victoria. What is yours?" Wondering if it even has a name.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    After a long pause, the voice rumbles out, "A8129V4.2" Even it's breath smells of construct, something between the smell of oil or grease and a serious case of morning breath. You notice that it has to take a deliberate breath before it speaks, but otherwise doesn't seem to breathe. The wheezing sounds coming from the area of the chest seem to be doing the breathing for it.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I cringe a bit at it's breath then look at it sadly for a moment before replying with a smile." That's quite a name. Can I just call you Aonev instead or would you prefer I stuck to the one you know?" Since it seemed to be both living and construct I wonder if it would be possible to ease some of it's discomfort or if I'd only make it worse. Seeing a creature in this way was definitely hard but I didn't want to heal the part I could only to make the problem worse or have it become angry.

    I look around the room as we chat to see if I see anything that might help in some way, even if it just put the poor thing to rest finally. I'm also wondering about other things now too. Like how many more of these were made, this one having a number and version. I never actually paid much attention to my companions and now wonder if they too were a later more advance product of this facility, I mean whoever heard of talking animals right? Then again this was all new to me and very different from anything I currently had any knowledge of. I wanted to know more yet didn't. The history, the construct knowledge, so much more but it seemed a thin ledge where one wrong question or choice could knock me off into the fire. Still, I wondered if my curiosity was gonna get the better of me and end up getting me into trouble as it had so often in the past. Maybe this was just a dream and I'll suddenly wake up, never knowing but not remembering long enough to mourn or regret my choices.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    There is an even longer pause. It leans from side to side, slowly shifting its head to different angles. You realize that it is trying to size you up and get a better view. It utters, "Riiickah...? Tariiickh...?" It coughs explosively, an alarming and wracking paroxysm that leaves it slumped onto its forearms on the floor, wheezing even more loudly. Finally it raises its head slightly, "Triiick...? No... name..., onnly... deesii... naation.... You... ssscii... enn... tiiss...?" Each word or syllable is punctuated by a pause as it forcibly sucks air into its lungs.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I cringe back at the coughing fit." No, no trick. Not at all. I'm a visitor and was simply curious." I say sincerely and fidget awkwardly, trying not to send it into another coughing fit or make it angry again." Can I help you in some way? Did you want or need something?"

    Now I'm wondering if I should heal it and risk anger from the animal council, because I think I'm supposed to kill it, or hope I do enough damage to put it out of it's misery and not send it into a rage or even worse suffering. It wasn't nice making a kid make these choices, life or death. I'd like to heal it and ask it more questions but that could damn my way home, could also possibly anger it and I'd end up dead anyway. At the same time it was sad seeing it suffer and it might be a better kindness to put it out of it's misery. I decide to wait a little longer, maybe it would help me make the decision some how. Maybe I'd get lucky and it would just tell me what it wanted, I never rely on the easy answer though, it's never the easy way.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    It rasps and wheezes and ever so slowly the sounds reduce and become more calm as it remains there and regards you. After what seems like forever, it finally says, "Fffood?​"
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Food? Okay, I can see if I can get you some. What do you eat? What would you like?" I relax some as it seems to calm down. Hopefully I'll be able to find something for it. If it eats food food and is still alive that means there must be some somewhere. Maybe one of those robot things brings it some and I can find one somewhere and figure out how to get some food for this guy.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,273
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    It picks itself up off the floor slowly, towering over you, and reaches out one shovel-sized hand towards the doorway through which you came in a vaguely pointing gesture. It sits there and waits on you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •