Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: All things OOC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    woohoo backup! Had a look, nice, it's really kind of them to provide this for us. It is definitely workable data, nothing to worry about.

Myth-weavers is a neat idea, I know there are some seriously talented gamers there, but I wonder if the game threads will have the same level of text formatting we enjoy here? Or the same level of administrative controls and thread tools?
    I've been fiddling with MW quite a lot... and find that although a fairly simple interface, it can be made to do the job well. In particular I like the:
    * Incorporated dice rolling direct into posts
    * Ability to archive pages etc with one click
    * An established community of gamers who you can recruit from when needed.

The downside is the tools for a DM are very basic, but if it's text, dice rolls and neatly threaded gaming, then it seems to do the job.

This isn't the opinion of an expert by any means, been sussing it out for only a few weeks so far.

With your existing story backup, I can always host that for you and you can create a link to our "Archives" at MW and just redirect people there for read only access... just an idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    woohoo backup! Had a look, nice, it's really kind of them to provide this for us. It is definitely workable data, nothing to worry about.
    Did they provide a better backup than what I provided? Hmmm.

Regardless I'll probably look over the html and page formats, then determine what needs to be ripped out and update links or combine them into a single page layout for each thread. Really not sure how we'll do attachments or images yet, since to keep it tiny and minimal I told it basically to go nowhere and not download other unrelated threads form the site (site downloader program... it's complicated).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry rtcvb32, I didnt realise you had done the html crawl/download for us Nice work mate! I assumed the link had been supplied by the site owner woops

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow nice twist there in the main thread! Thanks for the surprise! and welcome Shun001

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Wow nice twist there in the main thread! Thanks for the surprise! and welcome Shun001
    Thanks Ivan, as the player of Xiaolong Shu I always make an effort to provide an engaging and team building character

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Ad up for Dark Days in Sion on Myth-Weavers

Ok well I am trying to recruit more players for the game on myth-weavers...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=319233

If anyone wants to put up adds elsewhere, feel free to do so and have potential players contact me.
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-20-2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Wrong Link

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see a MW mod left a note about advertising, perhaps we need to remind them of the MW rule which states:

...hybrid games, which are defined as a game that may be played through other means (such as Roll20 or IRC), but which uses Myth Weavers resources such as sheets or an OOC forum. Games being played in this manner are allowed and can be advertised for.

Sion is clearly a hybrid game, and potentially transitioning into a full MW game, up to you if you want to remind them of this.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that Ivan, I did PM that admin or moderator or whatever he is to pass on that message.

Kinda irks me that forums are so protective of their 'space'. It's the freaking internet and gamers should be above that petty advertising-revenue crap. What a shitty vibe to give someone that potentially wants to host a game to say... you must commit to running the game here before you can advertise it, even before you know if you'll find any players here. What's the point of that??? Not very friendly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *sigh* I hear you buddy. The age old notions of friendship and hospitality appear to be long gone on a lot of these sites. I've been around the block a few times this past year, one site sent such a rude PM to me that I never went back. Another outright banned me for creating a character that wasn't a sword of truth wielding tan-skinned Conan impersonator, and a the list goes on. They all deserve a giant celestial bee-sting to their behinds! I really love Sion, it's matter of fact, straight to the point, and everyone is approachable. All I can say in defense of MW, is that I'd be surprised if a talented creator like yourself cant muster a few more high quality players over there

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm interesting... the moderator answered my PM. Apparently he has to consult with the site admin about that point you brought up so we'll see what happens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kryslogious: Keep the armor on buddy, this could all turn pear shaped at any moment! Wrenwil's a bit of a cluster magnet at the moment.

Narayan: Good news mate, hopefully they see some sense in letting you hybrid this, and advertise until such as time as you know if it can be a comfortable transition or not.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation We are moving to EN World!

Myth-weavers apparently does not care to give my game any serious consideration because none of their moderators have told me what their decision is. So be it, their loss... after some deliberation, I have thus decided to move the game to enworld.org It is larger, more stable, and clearly much more popular than this forum. I think odds are good we will find some more good players there. Also. they actually have even more thread formatting features than this forum does.

Game invite thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...65#post6675465

Start Here! thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...51#post6675451

I will ask you all to kindly register over there. My username there is the same as here 'narayan' so please feel free to send me a pm and/or add me as a friend when you do. The plan is, when everyone is ready to go over there, we will start the next scene for the game on their forum instead of this one. Hopefully we can also copy and transfer these game threads as an archive at some point. Any questions???
    Last edited by Narayan; 08-05-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, I've registered and friended you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've joined up. Username is "97mg" as "Ivan" was taken.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223