Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Restart of A Rifts Game
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Restart of A Rifts Game

Downloads
    Uploads

Restart of A Rifts Game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    After running a Rifts game from 2006 until 2008, I turned over the GM/DM reins when my daughter was born. We started with a DnD 3.5 game (4 games), then played some board games, then into a Robotech game I was running (2 games), then another Rifts game (2 games), actually got to play ShadowRun (2 games) until another run of Board Games.

Schedules are tough with this crowd even only meeting once a month. The GM/DM burn out rate trying to real in a heard of cats has taken it toll.

I moved last August and the new place has an area in the basement that I have claimed for general motorcycle and mechanical repairs plus it has room for a couple tables. I was invited to join another game that had me drooling to play, but the full day playing a RPG and the frequency of games I could not commit to. I was pretty bummed out.

I never got to pull the original campaign to a close of the Rifts '06-08 campaign and had many ideas I played with over the years and had even made notes. I made a general outline of what was going on in the world for the game and made the invite for a restart. November 14th was the first monthly game. We missed the March game somehow.....

We have a log on Obsidian Portal and I have been trying to keep up on the Adventure Log. From previous games a couple of the players came up with the idea for a name "Tales of Redemption - The Tree Dragon Chronicles"
    Enjoy reading? Here's a link: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...gon-chronicles

What has everyone else been up to? Sorry I have been away for so long.

Edit: here's a link to the old Robotech thread I had here before:
    http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...light=robotech
    Last edited by Snuffy; 04-23-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ah, rifts. i remember some fun and oddball characters i had when i was playing that.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can get a good mish-mash of players if you allow it as a GM. Sometimes it can places challenges in planning the game.

I am sad to see not a lot of activity over here in the Sci-Fi / Futuristic section. Always a good board to get several views on different games and tips. Still looking to play Travellar or Rogue Trader some day.