Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Kickstarting Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Perhaps a way to put together a record of events in the campaign such as a journal and a place where a game can post house rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have more been lurking than anything else, but in case you're interested: I'll publish my RPG debut by the end of the year. I am willing to co-promote your site, if we can find some sort of an agreement. Like, I don't do this for money , I am saying, you give me some audience, I give you some audience.

In case you're interested, just drop me a PM. I really just want to help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now, I'll admit, I haven't spent very much time on here in a long time, since I gave up on finding a game in my area (I have a small area, no car) and then went to college and had to run a game to play in one (I'm just really bad at finding out about things that are happening in a timely manner). However, I have been a continued, if minor, presence on the GiantitP Forums, and it's primarily because of the categories of threads. I'm not saying copy GITP, but I would suggest a section for people to share homebrew. On a site that's all about making games happen, providing people with the option to play differently seems valuable, and it makes the site something people will invest more in because they can come here to get critique and acquire a better understanding of the rules of whichever system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it cause it helps me find games when I move to a new town.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As jpatterson said, avoiding the "corporate feel" is key. PPG feels like a real community, and it should stay that way. At the same time, we need better game-related resources and we need more people getting interested and involved.

As was mentioned, a setup to facilitate play-by-chat games would be quite helpful for those who are not able to meet up with a gaming group very often.

There does need to be more emphasis on the creativity of the community. One of the ways to do this is with is to showcase homebrewed RPGs, rules variations, and settings. Doing a "Homebrew of the Week/Month/etc." would be pretty cool. It would be nice to have something like a "Developer's Tools" sort of thing that includes a blog (which PPG already has) and Wiki to help homebrew developers to organize their thoughts and develop their own games and settings.

Allow the option for members to link their social media account to PPG, but do not make it a requirement. Additionally, a presence of social media would be good as it would raise awareness of this site, and it would draw in more members. The message boards need to remain, as well. Bringing in more partner sites, such as RPGDesign Alliance, or even hosting them would probably prove beneficial, also.

Mapping support would be good, as would expanding the gamer database. A more extensive game resource database would be helpful as well. This database could be a sort of central hub (along with PPG) for tabletop gaming resources, links, etc. The database could also be divided into sections, with some referencing story and "fluff" type information (story hooks, narrative techniques, plot design reference material, etc.), and others referencing the hard mechanics of a game (rules, charts, gaming glossaries, etc.).

As far as ads go, I like the way things are now in that ads/banners don't clutter the page. As long as ads/banners remain in an uncluttered state, and are reasonable (relevant to PPG), then I don't really care what is done with them beyond that.

No matter what changes are made, the core of what makes PPG what it is is the community itself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234