Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Gear (General) Deceptively useless Magical "Artifacts" - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deceptively useless Magical "Artifacts"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post

The bag of fish. Like a bag of tricks but it only produces fish.
    that would have been a most desirable item in this one game of robotech that i recall....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Useless items are only useless to those without imagination,

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    The OP's cloak is a very useful item to a group with a thief and a cleric with remove curse. All I'm saying is Disguise. Also the orb man I had players that would have used that all the time. It stays were you put it for a minute. Use that to help climb the tricky section of a cliff or wall, use it to swing across a ravine. Only the original user can move it, the rest of the party can use that item for all kinds of things. Also Think about combat, wedgie a goblin and hang him from it, Place it at shin level in a narrow passage to trip pressures (Covered in a very dark cloth), so many uses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my point is though that no item is truly useless the players or GM just haven't found a use for it. For instance I gave a party a set of jewelry made of gold with a illusion scene on them and the scene changed when you changed which pieces you were wearing. A very pricey piece of artwork I thought. NOPE they used it to aid in disguise, to distract weak enemies, to con a merchant into buying the same item several times, and more. By the end I ended up having an enchantment eater eat the fregin thing just to be rid of it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some "cursed" items I see as misused. The necklace of strangulation for example. It's an assassination tool, not a cursed item. It does exactly what it is meant to do.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed! I remember racing into battle with "cursed" versions of my character's main weapon in hand - to "trip" and drop it accidentally as I was almost engaging the enemy. Invariably, one of the folks in the enemy party would pick it up and attempt to use it against us. (insert insane giggling here!!).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course, there is always the list of "cursed" items which grant large bonuses that reverse upon the performance of a particular action, which certain clever players go to great lengths to avoid said actions, leading to certain hillarious sequences in game.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12