Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Character Portrait Generators
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Character Portrait Generators

Downloads
    Uploads

Character Portrait Generators

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Here a a couple of my favorites...

HeroMachine 2.0

and South Park Studios

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HeroMachine was great, that is until City of Heroes came out and allowed you to do costumes right as well as take screen shots of them.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to have a subscription with CoH though to do that, don't you?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep. But who doesn't want to be a superhero?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I was hesitant to try it at first, because there were so many MMPOGs coming out in the wake of UO and EQ and most of them fell short of the prize. But, once I gave it a try, I liked it a lot. Ultimately, the only reason I stopped playing was because I just don't have the time any more to devote to playing an online game. I stopped playing around the same time my son was born
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I joined CoH the day it came out. Played it almost daily for several months, then started backing off for about 16 months. Had a lot of RL friends to play and just loved the game.
    However, it was VERY redundant. The limited map sets and environments just bored the crap out of me.

I used it a lot designing costumes for my Superheroic game. Most of my main NPC's now have images as well as all of the PC's from back in the day.

Then I quit and started playing other games until a few months after CoV came out and I gave it a try for about 2 months. The map skins were about the same as the heroic side, and it bored me quickly. So I logged out and never went back.

If they had 'skills' or 'jobs' like World of Warcraft, things to do to craft or have a 'secret id as Clark Kent', then I'd be inclined to play again. But as it stands, too redundant. Even though I love flying through the air.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have used NWN for the same purpose. Actually, I'm now using NWN for building maps for my "online" game to use with KloOge, and I'm planning on using NWN2 to build character portraits.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soon as I hit level 50 in City of X, I got rather bored with it. I kept avoiding getting to 50 cuz I knew I'd get that way. They just came out with a new update, but even with the new update, I just can't get into City of X on either the hero or villain side.

I just recently heard that DC Heroes MMO is supposed to be out around December of 2007. I'm hoping to get into Beta, usually do, cuz it gives me a chance to look at the game before I buy it. I've got limited time to play any computer games as well, so I try to be very picky about which ones I get involved with!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wonder about the DC heroes and the Marvel Universe MMORPG games that are coming out...

It's not like you can play the Feature Characters (like spidey or superman), so what's the deal? You're just one of the countless mutants (from last year's comics prior to the 198 that are left over in marvel comics) or one of the never ending god powered but useless DC heroes out there. If the game is done right, there will be developers/paid players who will play the FC parts, otherwise, you're going to Professor Xavier for Missions to do the same mapscreen over, and over, and over again. And have the Mapserver freeze up on you.

Bah
    Mo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had high hopes for both DC & Marvel, but when I heard who was doing them, well just say crash and burn is an optimistic point of view. I'm going to give them a look and possibly play them, in the hopes that they do it right.

But I'm really disappointed with all of the nerfing they did with City of X, so I keep hoping that because it's familiar material, DC or Marvel will be better.

Course, I've always been a bigger Marvel fan, but DC could be good too. Here's hoping.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, CoH nerfing....!

That was another HUGE issue I had with the game. I liked when I could just sit phase shifted and watch battles without worry about being hurt. Then all of a sudden, it only lasts like 30 seconds. Screw that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved that a properly built fire controller could have on average 12 fire imps out to help him fight! I had mine built so that I could have 16 out for short periods of time every minute or so. But that wasn't in the vision of the game, so they nerfed it!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I did was take advantage of their trial subscriptions, make my screen caps, then cancel at the end

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played CoH since the beta and quit a couple months later. A friend of mine recently got me back into it and all the things that made me quit last time have been addressed. I'm very happy with the game now.

There used to be some kind of third party program that would allow you to play with the CoX character creator without having the account, but good luck finding it. I use the generator to make characters, but despite it's complexity I still find it lacking in many areas.
    This is better than my imagination. This is more than a dream come true. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, I knew what I was meant to do...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the South Park generator. It was perfect for my newest character Red Rocket.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast