Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: One Campaign, Multiple GMs

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Question One Campaign, Multiple GMs

Long time watcher, first time poster.

I've been tinkering with the idea of a "shared campaign" for a while now, and wanted to know if anyone's run anything like it before, and what it was like. I'm trying to go beyond simply "collaborative worldbuilding", "assistant-GM", or taking turns as being the GM (rotation).

Rather, I'm thinking of having two dedicated GMs running, each with a separate and distinct group, but the GMs are using the exact same world as reference. So the two groups of players are playing in the same world together, and can influence the other group's story (as allowed by the 2-GM council), and perhaps even cross paths on occasion.

A cursory search of the compendium of truths (google search), revealed nothing about this style of campaign. Anyone seen something like this before?

Happy hunting,
    -Machination

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    let me make sure i am understanding you. two gms. two groups of people. two games. same world. events ripple and interact?

if so, then yes i've heard of this. one group was the heroes, the other group was the villains. they met in a huge day-long session for the epic final battle. the groups didn't know about much about each other except the fact that other groups were actively running real time in the same world as themselves. everything else was learned in-game. i understand that it was very satisfying all around.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    let me make sure i am understanding you. two gms. two groups of people. two games. same world. events ripple and interact?

if so, then yes i've heard of this. one group was the heroes, the other group was the villains. they met in a huge day-long session for the epic final battle. the groups didn't know about much about each other except the fact that other groups were actively running real time in the same world as themselves. everything else was learned in-game. i understand that it was very satisfying all around.
    I've had ideas like this, but never the players (or coordination) to make it happen. Sems like it'd be a lot of fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do this with the Chaos 6010 online game I run, and the play test sessions we do during company meetings. Also, I've got some of the characters "crossing over" with a forum play-by-post.

The online campaign is here:
    http://shadows-and-chrome.blogspot.com/

And the play-by-post is here:
    http://chaos6010.freeforums.net/