Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Elder Scrolls Tabletop RPG.

Downloads
    Uploads

Elder Scrolls Tabletop RPG.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    (I know it's likely in the right place, but if i posted this thread in the wrong spot, do let me know, and kindly move it. thank you.)

For the last couple of years, I have spent some of my spare time just making little table-top games. Mostly zombie apocalypse based. Me and my friends are the only people who played these, and that's likely not going to change. However, in the last week, I have astonished myself by getting 186 pages (some of it is copy pasted) worth the RPG material for an elder scrolls d20 system. But since i made it in such a short span of time, I want help in revising, refining, fixing, re-balancing, and improving this game. Let me real quickly go over some of the features:

1. An in-depth back story system that has a noticeable impact on your characters stats.
    2. Powerful skill system that I intend to expand to include spears, crossbows, and all other manner of skills.
    3. Perk trees for said skills.
    4. 39 pages of history.
    5. 75 pages of monsters.
    6. A module to get you started.

Please note, I AM missing a few things. Such as an alchemy chart, or enchantment limitations. For now, I have this in very early pre-alpha, and I post here in the hopes of getting feedback on the books that make up this game. This game will be totally free when I am done with it, No charge whatsoever, free to download.

Now then, I ask politely, that some of you download the books, give them a look, and maybe try and play the module. Tell me what I should fix, and what I should leave alone, what I should revise, and so on.

I want this to be good. But with my lack of experience on this matter, I need a lot of help, so I came here. The download for these books resides on mediafire, and also comes with character sheets. Here is the link.

-Skijarama.
    My friends loss is my loss, and it ALWAYS will be!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you could teach me how to play, I might be able to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The rulebook explains it pretty well, i think. just read that. If there are any questions, feel free to ask.
    My friends loss is my loss, and it ALWAYS will be!

Downloads
    Uploads
    good that you are making it free considering WOTC own pretty much all rights to the d20 system. do something different. like d100 or d10

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am pretty sure that D20 is an open gaming license as long as its based on something similar to pathfinder or D&D 3.5. 4e has a different license though, so you have to be careful with that.

the only legal concern would be with Bethesda and if they would appreciate you using their Elder Scrolls franchise.
    If you live in the Columbus, OH area and are looking for a fantasy RPG to join, send me a PM or email!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, open gaming license doesn't mean one can do whatever one wants, there are still regulations to be followed; failure to do so can still lead to legal repercussions.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You aren't allowed to sell any RPGs you've written that use the d20 essentially. A handful of monsters, creatures, races, and other things are also D&D originals that you can't sell thanks to layers of trademark and copyright laws as well as WotC's fleet of lawyers they would throw at you until you went away.

But in relevance to the original post, I will look this over in time and let you know.

EDIT: The link to the download is dead. XD
    Last edited by Soft Serve; 03-03-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...RPG-Playtest-1

Skijarama, the RPG in the above link (1st post) shares several features with Skyrim (not necessarily all Elder Scrolls games):
    - 3 attributes
    - organic classes (including wear any armor, cast any spell)
    - fighting and defense as skills
    - 3 health bars
    - perks and skills

But it's still in playtesting. Steal any ideas you like. It's a core system, designed to support rules modules, so if you wanted to build your system off this one, while I don't expect that, I'd warmly welcome it.

The system does use a d20 for outcome resolution, but it's not a "d20" system. So like I said, steal freely, but offer credit where credit's due. You may see some familiar Final Fantasy and D&D concepts in there. Note that the entire work is fictional, and any resemblance to other RPGs, real or fictional, is purely coincidence.