Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Kickstarter: Infinitas DM - Campaign Making & Playing App
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Kickstarter: Infinitas DM - Campaign Making & Playing App

Downloads
    Uploads

Kickstarter: Infinitas DM - Campaign Making & Playing App - Campaign is LIVE

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello fine folks of Pen and Paper Games,

Atom Switch, Inc. (that's me) is gearing up to launch a campaign for its first mobile app, Infinitas DM, on Kickstarter.

The App

Infinitas DM is a two part app. The first function is to create and organize complete campaigns with an in app map maker and document writer. The second function of the app is to play those campaigns. Creating and editing maps happens on the mobile device and a second display is used for the player's view.

With on-map links to quickly access campaign documents, player tokens (with stackable status tokens), fog of war, and live editing of your maps to make running a session easier and more engaging. Infintas DM is also completely game agnostic. The goal we have isn't to try to play the game for you, but to enhance the classic together-at-the-table play that makes pen and paper rpgs so fun.

You can see a complete run down of all of the app's features and how they will work on the website:

http://www.infinitasdm.com

You can also check us out on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

The first half of our upcoming Kickstarter Video is up on youtube and provides a visual rundown of the app's features:

https://youtu.be/ZhYdp3sQeiw

Why?

The main reason I wanted to make Infinitas DM is because I wanted it to use for my own campaigns. I love making complex, open worlds with a ton of NPCs, locations, and quest lines available to my players. Keeping those organized and accessible can be a real pain. I also love to make big detailed maps, but constant trips to the copy store to print them out and the crazy cost of using so many large format prints made that really tough. We started using a wet-erase battle map, but then we were stuck either using super simple maps, or destroying the group's focus as I sat there and drew out each new room or location, only to erase it for the next...and re-draw it when we came back.

So the big thing for me was making those two things way easier on me as a DM. The other big reason I wanted to make this was because I wanted to be able to have the visual advantage of tools like Fog of War and live map editing without forcing everyone to go home and play from their computers. The best part of any P&P RPG for me is getting together as a group. As awesome as some of the online tools that are out there are, they just never felt right for us.

Once I had the design together though, I was amazed by how many people wanted the app themselves. But even with a fully fleshed out design I still need to pay a programmer to put it all together, and that doesn't come cheap. So in order to make this app a reality I am turning to the community.

Ok, that's probably more than enough rambling from me. Here are some pictures of how the app will look (as above - check out the site for the full walkthrough).

I'd love to hear what you all think of it. More details on the Kickstarter, plus the second half of our video, will be coming along soon.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by AtomSwitch; 03-16-2016 at 12:11 PM. Reason: updating the title for the now launched campaign
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Everyone,

The first half of our upcoming Kickstarter video is now online. Check it out to get a quick visual overview of the app's features:

Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those who prefer email updates to following on Facebook or Twitter I have put together an Infinitas DM News & Updates mailer.

You can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/bRjjyz
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Escapist just put up a great article about Infinitas DM, you can check it out here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ery_5822&pid=3
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could see using this as a tool on the PC with a TV flat on the table. Interactive battlemat.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Garry, I'm glad you like the look of it! An interactive battlemat is definitely a prime use of Infinitas DM and a table mounted TV would be a fantastic way to run a campaign with it.

A PC port is definitely something we will be looking into during development. Depending on how well the touch controls translate to PC, it will either be an initial release feature, should funding allow it (best case scenario), a stretch goal feature (should it require more work than our initial funding goal allows), or a post-release feature.

Either way, it is definitely on the road map.
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads

With our upcoming Kickstarter Campaign launch growing nearer, I'd like to highlight a few of our upcoming Backer Rewards. A full rewards list will be coming soon.

The first featured reward is a game-agnostic mini campaign called Teeth Of The Blood Wolf. This narrative campaign takes place in Dirusholm, a secluded town in the wooded mountain country of Moldovar.

"Deep in shadow and mist a forgotten clan seeks to restore glory to their ancient name, but at what cost?"

Along with a complete narrative and branching decision paths, encounters have been supplied with rough outlines to allow adaptation into any game system, party size and level.

You can also view a gallery of some of the major features of Infinitas DM In This Facebook Gallery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teeth_Banner.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	4457  
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two updates to share.

First up will be a new Backer Reward Highlight. Next, on Wednesday we will be releasing our complete set of Backer Reward tiers!

We are proud to announce a Map Pack of 20 hand picked maps from professional cartographer Monkeyblood Design!

The pack will feature a variety of different maps including dungeons, overworld maps, outdoor maps, and even a few sci-fi maps. We are very pleased to be able to offer these to our backers as a great way to inspire, extend, and improve upon your own campaigns.

See more from Monkeyblood Design at www.monkeyblooddesign.co.uk

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monkeyblood_banner1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	4458  
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks good and I agree with tesral's comment above.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kickstarter Campaign Launch will be in one week on 3/16/16!

As such, the time has come to release the complete list of Backer Rewards.

An HTML List can be Viewed Here.

As well as some information on the rewards that haven't been highlighted here already:

Adventurer's Kit

The Adventurer's Kit is a campaign file that includes a completely fleshed out town map, including NPC's, Quest Starters, and more. The kit will also include several general-use maps that can be used along with the town to inspire or expand upon your own campaigns.

Infinitas DM T-Shirt

Larger Version

These are the two T-Shirt designs we are considering (artwork not final). The final design will be chosen in a poll to the backers and will be printed on black T-Shirts available in men's Small, Medium, Large, X-L, and XX-L. Shipping to USA is included in the reward cost, $5-15 additional costs will apply to shipments outside the US.

Custom Artwork

For the top reward tiers, custom artwork will be provided by both the Infinitas DM creator Dan Sandberg and our local illustrator Katheryn Glade. Here are a few examples of the type of art you can expect.

Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks cplmac!

To be clear about another point from tesral's post - sending the Player View to a project or table mounted TV will be a key feature regardless of when desktop support is able to be added.
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Infinitas DM Kickstarter is now live!

Visit our Kickstarter page to become a backer and help us bring Infintas DM to life!

Thank you all for your support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...h/infinitas-dm
    Dan Sandberg
    Atom Switch, Inc.
    www.infinitasdm.com