Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: There and Back Again

Downloads
    Uploads

There and Back Again

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello Everyone!

I am happy to have found this site and to see so many gamers from all over with a variety of interests. My first experience with an RPG was when I was a wee tot (well not quite that young) and a friend bought me the Basic DnD red box set with that cool dragon art on the front. From there is expanded in ADnD then into 2nd Ed which is where I have stayed for the most part. I could not really get into DnD 3rd and beyond as much (it did not have the same feel when WotC took over, but that is a another story).

I continued to play DnD through college and even taught some friends how to play (what other option do you have when you cant find a group, you make one ) . I have also played a lot of Vampire the Masquerade through college (pre-vampire mania timeline ie..twilight) and a hand full of others games off and on.

I also am a big Sci-Fi fan but alas I have not played many sci-fi rpg's but would be interested. I did finally manage to save my pennies and find a copy of the Dune rpg which is pretty neat, shame it did not go any farther. So if anyone is interested in that let me know.

Well enough rambling for one introduction. I look forward to finding a game or just chatting. Hurray for Gamers!

History.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to p&pg's. Glad to have you here.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey History. welcome to the forum. i'm not much on posting all the time but i do read and wanted to suggest trying to find a star trek pbp online to try out a scifi genre. i have played in some good universes and had a very good time. i have thought about finding another myself. those are moderated creative cooperative writing. i know that sounds like a turn off to some but the moderated part is very similar to table top gm duties. where the creative coop writing comes in is being able to write and build in a good story with all the suspense/excitement your mind can come up with for your toon. once you get to the part that affects the ship or another toon in a perm way then the mod (usually the ships captain or xo) provides the results so they fit into the main story they are telling.

anyways good gaming to you,
    oldgamster

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion of Star Trek. I will look into that oldgamster!