Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: hello to everybody

Downloads
    Uploads

hello to everybody

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    hello I'm new to this site. I'm interested in playing pen and paper RPG's however I've never actually played them before, however I have played RPG video and computer games. I attempted to start up a Pen and paper group at my local college, unfortunately no one showed up. I'll be posting a request to form a group in the find and advertise section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new to this site too so I don't know if I've earned enough points yet to welcome you officially- I'll let a mod (or rocker) do that- but good to see that like me you've found your way here.

I've been playing tabletop RPGs for about two years now, and have joined a local club, but still struggle to play the sort of games I want. That's the reason (well one of them anyway) that I go to a lot of cons. Possibly online games are the way forward, but I can't see them replicating the atmosphere at a table. Well, let us all know how you get on. Btw where are you based? I'm from London, England.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome to the boards. always glad to see someone take an interest and find out what it is about.

i've been around rpg for a while... something over 25 years now, and counting. i am sometimes slow to respond, but if you have questions, feel free to drop them on me. i will eventually respond. don't hesitate to 'poke' me via pm or my other contact methods (pm is pretty reliable for me) if i am slow for some reason.

i'm somewhere in the americas, it changes every so often.

hmmm, the only way i could see online gaming replicating the table atmosphere, is via some method like second life or something more advanced.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    [T]he only way i could see online gaming replicating the table atmosphere, is via some method like second life or something more advanced.
    Or Skype, where you can actually see each other. Let's face it, rolelaying is what video-conferencing was invented for. Why take part in boring meetings when you can pretend to be elves, trawl dungeons and hack at dragons etc.?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what? wasn't that second life? ;D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive