Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: New Member: Subscriptions are not sending an email

Downloads
    Uploads

New Member: Subscriptions are not sending an email

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello,
    I'm a new member and have been having trouble getting an email notification when someone responds to a thread I am subscribed to. Although I am not the Thread starter, I did post a question in the thread and was wanting to know if anyone replied, which is why I made sure I was subscribed to the thread. I also changed my settings so that I will get notified when someone replies. I have my settings set to 'Instant by email' on my subscriptions page, but it does not seem to work. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Does the 'Instant' email for subscriptions only work if you are the OP of the thread?

Thanks in advance,
    Stevrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the OP in several threads I'm subscribed to, and I'm not being notified about replies to any of them (or PMs, for that matter). I made a thread about this very topic a few threads down from yours, but it has been largely ignored.

Sorry that's not much help, but at least you know someone else is in the same boat.
    Last edited by I. J. Thompson; 11-06-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Star Wars: Tapestry
    A 6+ year campaign draws to a close...
    Forum Group Wiki

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm. we'll have to poke farcaster and get him or a mod to check it out. sorry for the delay.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, no problem. I am just glad that it wasn't some setting that I had overlooked since I am new here and still getting used to it. I did see your post I. J Thompson, sorry for repeating the post. I thought maybe I just had to tweak some setting somewhere.
    ~Stevrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will this ever, you know... be fixed?
    Forum Group Wiki

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    not sure. farcaster has not been active for a while.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    not sure. farcaster has not been active for a while.
    Yeah I have sent many a PM to Farcaster, since a few months after I've joined and have since done so 5-6 times can't remember. The only admin, that I have nailed down and got response from was CrplMac <spelling>, he couldn't figure out the problem but at least he addressed me in the chatroom.

I no longer even try, I can post a thread (OP) and then I can't even view it and get some server error. Still broken so if I advertise a game I can not respond to those interested or see who they are.

I feel your pain and am going out on a limb here but have you tried thetangledweb.net or infrno.net, they are the most recent sites I have gotten response to my game ads from. I may not be able to get back in courtesy of the server error. If anyone needs to respond to me I suggest a PM.

Peace and Good Gaming

Deac

<EDIT> Seems they have actually fixxed thank you CplMac, this was however around Nov of 2012. Not too bad, just glad it's fixxed.
    Last edited by deaconabyss; 01-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear that this has apparently been fixed now. Not sure if it had something to do with the work that was being done by the Admins to reign in the rampant spamming that had been hitting P&PG hard for awhile. Be sure to let me know if there are still some quirks that are not quite working right yet.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fixed? I still get no notification of replies to subscribed threads and groups, or of PMs.
    Forum Group Wiki

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I J,

I just sent a message to Farcaster about your problem still not resolving. Hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

cplmac

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've fixed the problem with the email queue and emails should be flowing out now. I've cleared the queue of all emails that were from more than two weeks ago. Believe it or not, there was some 180,000 emails waiting to be sent!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woke up to a nice bouquet of email notifications in my inbox. Thank you for sorting this out!
    Forum Group Wiki

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. Thompson View Post
    Woke up to a nice bouquet of email notifications in my inbox. Thank you for sorting this out!
    No problem. Sorry it took so long.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to see that this has been sorted out. Let me know if anything else pops up to cause problems.