Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: 3.5 D&D
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 6
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Just Skype for now
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Just Skype for now)

Thread: Wanderings In Ardea

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Wanderings In Ardea 3.5 D&D

With the ever increasing demand for new sources of energy and travel, the scientists of the day began to probe the dimensional layers that held reality together and unwittingly taped into the weave of raw magic that had lain invisible to our world since we relegated its use to superstition and legend. This hole created was like putting a crack in a dam that immediately released a flood of raw energy throughout this world. As this wave washed over the entire globe, many of its inhabitants were changed, mutated by its properties and became what we now know as elves, dwarves, goblins, and a whole host of races. The animals and plant life changed as well, and there were even creatures born from the very magic itself.
    In the world of Ardea, science has been replaced by magic, the worldís cities have been brought to ruin, and populations have been reduced to handfuls. The world that once was has been virtually forgotten as time begins to erase all traces of itís past, and everyday technology is elevated to the status of artifacts that few can even imagine its use. 5,000 years later, the world is a much different, quieter place.
    The world is a creation of my making that is still evolving. The only thing is that there havenít been many who have decided to venture out of the towns of their birth to seek what is really out there. I am looking for at least adventurers who are willing to step out of their comfortable homes and into the unknown.
    Seriously, I havenít had the luck of anyone being in the area who wants to play and reliably show up, and so I am looking to set up a game off of skype, just skype, to keep it simple and play online for the moment. I am usually available on Saturday afternoon/evenings, but that is negotiable. The game would be D&D 3.5 and would start at 3rd level. I am not limited to any books, but let me know the particulars so that I can read up on it. I have also set up a blog on Obsidian Portal that will give a lot more detail into the story and background of the campaign, but for the meanwhile you may very well be just exploring. I also have a class that specifically deals with technology if anyone is interested.

Last edited by appleseed81; 11-03-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    requesting information: all wotc designated official 3.x content allowed? and more specifically, psionics? text, call, or vid expected via skype?
    Last edited by nijineko; 11-02-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    All wotc 3.5 books allowed as well as psionics. Anything outside of player characters must go past me first. I don't want a half/dragon mindflayer popping up without me first knowing about it. We will do skype on call for the moment until I can find the time to figure out maptools

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    happy to hear psionics is okay. =D

more questions:

you specified books, whereas i was asking about all content. do you limit sources to official hardcopy books only, or do you allow all official content? (ie: there is a lot of official content that is online only) will starting resources use the wbl table? i always clear everything with the dm first, and i cite references on my char-sheet - plus provide copies of my design notes if asked; but what did you mean outside of "player characters"? did you mean the 'races of x' series, or the player's handbook, by chance?

calling via skype does not work for me, i'm pretty much text/post only when it comes to online play for various reasons.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am open to any ideas, and generally I stick to the books myself because it is easy to look up, but if there is something out there that you would like to use that is an online source by wotc I would usually be okay with that. Just put your character idea with me like you said and all will tell you if it doesn't fit in with the game, I just typically like to stick to characters that are set up to be played instead of something out of Savage Species for instance. As for skype, voice is usually easier to communicate ideas over, but if you'd prefer to respond in chat, that would be fine. I myself can take a while to type. You'll have to explain what you mean by "wbl table". If you mean starting gold for a 3rd level character.
    Last edited by appleseed81; 11-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for your replies. sorry about my abbreviation. ^^ wbl = wealth by level.

i have collected and created an archive which contains most all of the wotc designated official 3.x online content, some 2+gb of stuff. after a few weeks or so, i'll be putting it up on a torrent again. so anything i might pull from there would be easy for me to provide you with copies.

how many other players / characters and what will they be playing? what roles, if any, need to be filled?

i tend to be an exploratory builder type. i'll get some idea in my head for a character, and then i'll set out to find the closest match in the rules, bending and twisting as i go. my final product is usually a little, to a lot, weaker than other characters who stuck with a more traditional concept, but i'll manage to build my concept! for example, i figured out how to qualify a psionic character for druid only prestige classes. but it took 11 levels to do it, whereas a druid would have done it by 6th or so. my gamer friends even gently poke fun at me for building sub-optimal characters just to be able to play a certain concept. ^^

i'm a touch typist, forced myself to take a typing class in high school, and then discovered mucks. i'd really prefer typing, at least at first. maybe once things get settled down - and if there is an area where i won't disturb anyone by talking out loud - some other arrangement could be considered.

it'll be a few weeks yet until things settle down enough for me to know for sure what and when i will and won't be able to play. but i'm looking into options in the mean time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's fine. For the time being, nothing is concrete. I have received interest from a few players but the coming holidays may put a hold on the game. We might end up getting going a little before Thanksgiving, but it may even be postponed until afterwards and then a break for Christmas. Worse case scenario is after the New Year. So anything will character wise has not been set. As for the content, let me know what you decide on and I'll let you know if I need to take a look at something you have. Until then, I'll just work on the game and we'll see what we come up with.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmmm. if it works out for me to play, i'll probably want to be a fairly self sufficient character. probably an elan erudite, or a kalashtar athas-soulknife/soulbow. how familiar are you with psionics? i'll be happy to give details if you don't want to hunt down books and references at this point, or give references if you prefer to read up on it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the basics, but I am not concerned as long as you know what you are doing. I have had too many instances where I have found out that all along a specific ability was not what it was portrayed to be. I just ask that people read their spells and feats and ask questions if they don't understand a particular point instead of just making it up to what they want it to be.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ah. i've been playing rp and d&d for over 25 years now. my questions are usually in the vein of which book in which game system was that rule i was thinking of? i still have to look things up because i've forgotten so much over the years, plus the game changes, plus i play 2-4 times a month - kind of a casual gamer, really. ^^