Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: new to PNPG - Durham NC

Downloads
    Uploads

new to PNPG - Durham NC

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    hey, i am new to pen and paper games. I have been playing D&D for about 10 years and I have been running a game for about a year. I am looking for a group I can join or start, to play a game rather than run a game... I know, I know, there are tons of people that are looking for someone to run a game for them... here's another one. I would be willing to travel to Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, etc, within 20 - 30 miles for a good game. I'm looking for some decent RP as well as some good ol' hack & slash.

I would love especially to play in an EVIL party.

any takers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always had troubles running evil an evil party for more than one session. They generally turn into one or more member trying to screw over the other members and the game usually ends in chaos. They're fun of course, but just never had one last for long at all.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by grogthecaveman View Post
    I'm looking for some decent RP as well as some good ol' hack & slash. I would love especially to play in an EVIL party.
    Quote Originally Posted by twesterm View Post
    I've always had troubles running evil an evil party for more than one session. They generally turn into one or more member trying to screw over the other members and the game usually ends in chaos. They're fun of course, but just never had one last for long at all.
    I guess that depends how you define "screw".

Trying to take extra treasure should be expected. Trying to kill other party members should be prohibited by an agreement between players beforehand. I've played in numerous evil groups, and we seldom had any problems with characters killing each other. It only happened once, by a new player on his first and last game with our group.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's usually a mixture of killing, struggles for power in the group for who is going to give and take orders, and a lot of working behind the party's back for various things. I generally have an understood agreement like that in most good games I play though I've never really done that in any of the evil games I ran or played in.

I think the main problem was we all like evil characters who liked to take control.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In general, unless there is one evil character who is predominately stronger than the others, or there is some greater threat to them, the power struggles and back stabbing are about how an 'evil' group would work together. Course, even with the two about mentioned stronger member or greater threat, if the stronger member ever showed a sign of weakness, he's done for or the threat was gotten rid of, then the group would slip into the back stab power struggle mode.

Only evil character that I've played with another group had me as the only evil character in the group. The other two players had chaotic neutral characters and the only reason we weren't causing each other trouble was because of the fact that we were in Ravenloft and none of us wanted to be there. We had all gotten transported to the world, had been given a mission, which once we had completed it, would allow us to travel back to our own worlds.

That's the only reason we were working together.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Organized evil is fun. I ran a game for a few months with 2 PCs as members of the Church of Cyric (an illusionist and a rogue) who had the job of recruiting one particular wizard from Cormyr. It went well because all 4 of us were friends and knew that what happened in the game stayed there. It didn't hurt that the two Cyric followers were taking orders from a very powerful NPC Cleric who had attained his post as leader of the Waterdeep Church of Cyric in no uncertain terms. The thing about evil is that there's always someone bigger and badder than your character. You can't piss that guy off. Or you have a real good reason to work together with your party

Also, I am a big fan of necromancy. It's not the most powerful school of magic but it sure is fun! I'll take an army of undead over summonables or living beings any time.