Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Glad to be here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Glad to be here!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Pleased to meet ya'! Heard about the forum the first time I listened to Dragon's Landing Inn Podcast. I've moved to a new city where I've not found any gamers yet (neither RPG nor boardgames, which I also enjoy). Hope to remedy that situation by participating with all the fine folks here on the Pen and Paper Games forum!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya! I hope you are enjoying living in a new city and I wish you luck on finding some gamers in your area ! Welcome to pen and paper games! From what I read on your profile you like D&D, what's your fav race and class to play if I may ask? I'm a tielfling fan myself and I prefer the ninja and ranger classes
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm pretty "old school"

In fact, I'm just pretty old. I started with the Blue Box DnD in '79 and have played on and off since then. My favorite race and class is whatever I happen to be playing at the time, I guess. My most memorable characters have been human, though one was halfling, who were either clerics or into some kind of arcane magics (wizard or the old-style "magic user"), basically I'm the support and recon guy in the party. Right now I'm playing a halfling rogue in an (incredibly slow, but fun) e-mail campaign with my buddies from my old town.

I've really sort of ignored a lot of the race types and sub-types that have been added to the game, and I stick to elf, dwarf, halfling, gnome, human. For example, I have no idea what a tielfling is . I can be persuaded to branch out a little more when considering class types for my character, though. But I'm not familiar with the "ninja" class in DnD. Am I missing something?

That's about fifty percent of my experience with DnD. The other half has been spent preparing and running adventures and campaigns as the DM.

Have you ever run an adventure as DM?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Much to many of my friends chagrin I don't DM, they like to assume I write for a hobby (I'm working on 3 books) and mainly write fantasy and horror that I'd make a great DM but I refuse out of the fact in a sense I feel like I'm always a DM or ST through writing and I just wanna be a player. I've been studying D&D via my "library" of books I have 10 D&D books 2 of which are from forgotten realms. I haven't had the chance to really play any D&D but that doesn't stop me from reading the books and making character sheets. It's difficult to find groups where I am unless I feel like driving for a hour and even then there are games I've tried to play only for some of the other players and occasionally the DM to be a few corndogs shy of a picnic ( only guy honestly thought he was an orc reborn in human form and was saving up to purchase a plane ticket to england to slay an evil wizard... ^^; )

A tielfling is half human and half fiend/demon, and I found the ninja class from I believe my "the complete adventurer" book. I love this combination because in parts of asia they believed ninjas to in fact be demons (the tengu to be exact) and I thought it was a great idea to have a tielfling ninja I'm the person that refuses to most of the races in the players handbooks, I don't like playing humans because I already am one, why would I want to play one in a game as well? The only races in the players handbook I'd play are half elves, half orcs, and halflings. I'd only play a true elf in the forgotten realms they have alot of elf varieties in it. The swashbuckler class looks fun and I'm trying to decide on an ideal race for that class.
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by abelyas View Post
    In fact, I'm just pretty old. I started with the Blue Box DnD in '79 and have played on and off since then.
    Oh my god, someone else who's close to my age!

I started with Melee back in like '76 and then played DnD in around '77 or '78, it's been so long I don't remember!

I've both played and DMed, and still do! By the way, nice to meet you abelyas! Good luck with finding players!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime