Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 is official

Downloads
    Uploads

Starcraft 2 is official

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Clicky

Not much to say other w00t and they better not mess it up (luckily Blizzard is good about releasing quality). ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been contacting some inverters, and some shop owners, a realistic date for it would be one year from now.
    I regret everything :P

Downloads
    Uploads

I am still waiting...

.... and waiting.
    Saluti
    Carlos

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    .... and waiting (with a new rig as well)
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They have the money to sit on this until they are certain it's Robot Jeebus Good. Which is exactly what they will do. Starcraft is still played like crazy sauce in Asia in major competitive environments. Blizzard will sit on Starcraft 2 until it's not just good enough to release, but also good enough to replace it's predecessor as a tournament game.

Which is good news. Better games are win!
    --
    Grimwell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i still drag out my copies of starcraft and brood wars and pop online and play a few games every now and again. i'm still fond of the ender's maps. heck, i even managed to archive and preserve some of my favorite online custom maps. those are fun too. great for lans too. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still play 'ole Crafty from time to time. Lots of fun. My favorite faction was always the Terran. There's just something so satisfying about dropping a nuke on your enemy's base or deploying the Yamato Cannon.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    protoss all the way. templar storm to soften them up, then have them all merge to archons to distract them while the carriers and scouts fly in. if it's brood wars, take over one of their builder units, and then kill them with their own races forces. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...cId=3172090&p=

I am a terran guy, but the mind control of the dark archons is really cool, specially if you capture a SCV or its zerg equivalent.
    Last edited by Dimthar; 01-10-2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Protoss fan. In competition or multi-player I typically play terran to stay on the low end of resource usage, though.

My favorite tactic: Endless waves of marines. Nothing but marines. The genocide is hilarious.

In other news: They are releasing SCII in a three-pack format. One for each race. Very lame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deny View Post
    I'm a Protoss fan. In competition or multi-player I typically play terran to stay on the low end of resource usage, though.

My favorite tactic: Endless waves of marines. Nothing but marines. The genocide is hilarious.

In other news: They are releasing SCII in a three-pack format. One for each race. Very lame.

It is only the story mode that is the 3 part release. All races will be playable for multiplayer from either and all boxes.

In the words made famous by Boris (R.I.P) "I have a crazy plan!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    As one who only plays SC for the storymode (multiplayer an exercise in frustration & inevitable doom)...not so great news.

Any details on how that 3 part release will work?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twesterm View Post

Not much to say other w00t and they better not mess it up (luckily Blizzard is good about releasing quality). ^^

I just hope it doesnt end up playing like WC3...I just wasnt a fan.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deny View Post
    ...My favorite tactic: Endless waves of marines. Nothing but marines. The genocide is hilarious...
    Quite possibly my very favorite unit. Ranged ground-to-ground and ground-to-air in one, cheap unit. Combine with stimpaks and Medics and you've got a good time ahead of you.

Lurkers were also a lot of fun, but useless against air units.

I also liked Siege Tanks, but again...no ground-to-air capability.
    Last edited by Webhead; 01-12-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochin View Post
    It is only the story mode that is the 3 part release. All races will be playable for multiplayer from either and all boxes.
    While this is true, some people fear that if you do not have the second two boxes you will not be able to play the "special units" released with each box.

I hope that Blizzard is wise enough to realize people don't want to pay 150 for a game they're only going to play online. I hope that they allow multiplayer to work no matter what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by praksis View Post
    As one who only plays SC for the storymode (multiplayer an exercise in frustration & inevitable doom)...not so great news.

Any details on how that 3 part release will work?
    They will release one, wait a few months, release another, etc. Think of it as an expansion pack. I believe it goes Human, Toss, Zerg. Don't quote me on that though. Check their site. Also, the first one is slated for Feb and is on bestbuy's website, so you can easily see which is first.

Quote Originally Posted by kniltsol View Post
    I just hope it doesnt end up playing like WC3...I just wasnt a fan.
    It has been confirmed that SCII will have hero units. However, hero units will only be available in UMS (user map settings). Because of this, they will not enter the story-mode and will not be in any Blizzard-released map unless clearly stated. Expect to see them heavily in UMS, though.

If you want to see what gameplay is like, go check out the SCII Battle Report. It shows a skirmish between two devs in Alpha stage and has two reporters from Blizzard talking through the whole thing. It's great. I know that there is destructible terrain, many new units, high yeild minerals (either high yeild in that they have a lot of minerals or that they supply minerals faster, I haven't figured that out yet), and some other cool things.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Quite possibly my very favorite unit. Ranged ground-to-ground and ground-to-air in one, cheap unit. Combine with stimpaks and Medics and you've got a good time ahead of you.

Lurkers were also a lot of fun, but useless against air units.

I also liked Siege Tanks, but again...no ground-to-air capability.
    Lurkers were my sworn enemy. They took out legions of my marines at a time. Also, the templar wrecked me. No good. Seige tanks are nice but I prefer the Goliath. Much more manueverable and easier to take care of. I almost never used stimpaks and the majority of my fun came from Original, so no medics for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast