Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Cities DFW

Downloads
    Uploads

Mid-Cities DFW

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi folks, Rob here, LFG in the mid-cities area, particularly NRH/Hurst, but I'm willing to drive. Give me a shout!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya Rob, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have !!! So many Texan members but they all live so far away T.T , but just for curiousity's sake have you ever played any white wolf games? and if so which?
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, I've played Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, and Changeling. All of them before the revamp (no pun intended). Would love to play Wraith or Mummy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Older WoD wise I've played Vampire and a little bit of werewolf. I never played the other older WoD but I read about them in wikipedia, I'd like to try demon the fallen though. I like the newer WoD I have the Vampire, Mage, regular WoD (mere mortal :P )and Promethean books. I love Scion thought it's not WoD just white wolf. I wanna game so bad I'm almost willing to resort to chatroom or via IM rping lol. Who were your favorite clans and tribes in WtA and VtM?
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a lot of Fianna characters, plus a couple of Get. In Vampire I generally played Nosferatu and Brujah, and the odd Assamite until I got roped into playing a Malk for a friend's LARP. I don't usually LARP but I already played with this friend a lot and I knew it would be fun. I had so much fun playing my Malk character (and messing hard with the other characters!) that I never went back and pretty much played Malks from then on - I found Malkavian to really be a good fit in terms of the openness you have when playing them. My main problem with WoD (at least the old system - don't know how it is now) was the feeling that you had to somewhat conform to clan stereotypes - and of course, there ARE no real Malkavian stereotypes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite clans are Malkavian, Gangrel, and Nosferatu. Tribe wise I was Bonegnawers and Shadow lords fan. In Requiem there are ALOT of bloodlines that stem from the 5 regular/base clans. I'll never forget how angry I was to find out that the Malkavian bloodline stems from the ventrue now D:< (I am NOT a fan of the ventrue). But I understand what you mean by each clan has stereotypes but sometimes with the right history you can kinda tweak your character without him/her seeming like the sterotypical clan member. I like requiem out of the fact you have alot of options character wise and needless to say I am an option freak lol. I am not a LARP fan in the least... stage fright to an extreme and am somewhat agoraphobic not to mention I feel embarressed just watching the "players" but that's only my opinion, no offense.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    My favorite clans were the Lasombra and the Tremere. Both were very political and power oriented, and their disciplines were very spell-like. That is my playing style in D&D too, I prefer spell casters, and my characters get like getting entangled in political intrigue. I have no idea what Requiem did to those bloodlines.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have they come out with "Zombie: The Masquerade" yet?

I totally wanna play a game where all I do is walk around saying, "Brains, Brains" and eating body parts and brains.

If they've done "Mummy: The Masquerade", and the dialog of a mummy is just grunting and moaning while ripping off limbs, then surely they should do Zombie.

-yeah, i have no idea what i'm talking about, but it's fun.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    How can you beat endless repetitions of "I vant to suck your blood"?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    My favorite clans were the Lasombra and the Tremere. Both were very political and power oriented, and their disciplines were very spell-like. That is my playing style in D&D too, I prefer spell casters, and my characters get like getting entangled in political intrigue. I have no idea what Requiem did to those bloodlines.
    I started out as Tremere too when I first started playing, though I didn't have a clue what I was doing since that was my first time to play a pencil and paper roleplaying game ever. Except for that kind of embarrassing experience, the rest were pretty good and took that play style over to DnD too.

Also, Rob, if you're looking for a DnD group I'm trying to form one here. It will be in the Dallas area, just not sure where yet. I'd obviously prefer Plano but I'll probably put it in the area that's central to most people.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are quite a few of us in the D/FW area on this forum, lots of experienced players. If we just had the time to play everything we wanted to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    The tremere no longer exist in Requiem but they do in Mage the Awakening in a sense, (go figure). The lasombra exist but they are known as the Khaibit which is a bloodline steming from the Mekhet Clan. I just wish Requiem would come out with more bloodlines for the gangrel...

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Just as in D&D where I think 11 player classes is more than enough, I thought the 13 clans were more than enough.

Do some people create a hundred characters, then need more choices for even more characters? I don't get that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    :shrugs: I always think the more options the better so I'm all for a game that promises alot of classes, clans, lineages, bloodlines, races, ect... But it's all a matter of opinion. I think the more options you have the more "original" the character one can have.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    It would be great if they put them all in one book, but it seems that you now need a hundred books to keep up. I've done that before with a few games, but won't again. But some will, and they'll rattle on about this race and that class, and it all sounds like jibberish to those of us who only have the core books plus about a half dozen others.

More can be done to achieve character uniqueness with role playing, than with extra races, classes or bloodlines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast