Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Recruiting 2 players for a Play-By-Post game using MiniSix

Downloads
    Uploads

Recruiting 2 players for a Play-By-Post game using MiniSix

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi there PnPg!

I just wanted to drop by and invite the lot of you to apply for 1 of 2 positions to our online game we're running. It's a MiniSix game, loosely based on the Warhammer Universe.

In short, we're having a blast, but 1 of our players had to leave for personal reasons and I'd like to bring the party up to 5 anyhow.

We've been playing for 4 months, and the game is going swimmingly. Intrigue, player development...all very good stuff.

If you've got a character you've been dying to bring to life in a game, this is probably your best bet! MiniSix allows for any real sort of character archetype, and I'm really looking for some interesting folks!

Here are the facts below. Reply to this thread with your character concept if interested!

CHEERS!

Facts:

*Setting is dark fantasy, based loosely upon the Warhammer universe (uses the same map, but with no loyalty to the existing lore)

*We post 5 days a week, once a day, from Monday to Friday

*We use the MiniSix system, available for free here:AntiPaladin Games: Mini Six

*It is a roleplaying-heavy game, naturally rules-lite

*That said, there are some crunchy systems, including an all-new (simple yet elegant) alternate advancement homebrew system

Why would you want to play with us!?:

*We're friendly folks!

*I've been DMing a long time, and I take great pride in not only crafting a fun gameworld, but listening to and welcoming (and even rewarding!) all player feedback for the betterment of the game

*External website, with dedicated forums, a built-in diceroller, and character sheet functionality.

*Room for literally any kind of character you want

How to apply?:

Step 1: Come up with a character concept, and post it in this thread. I will be selecting the two best character concepts available.

Step 2: I will PM & respond in this thread when I have found two suitable candidates

Step 3: You will roll up your character, and will join us as early as possible next week!

What do you need to succeed?:

*Pick an interesting character concept, using traditional fantasy races. Please try and stick to the Warhammer races (dwarf, wood elf, high elf, human, halfling). If you're interested in playing a monstrous character, it will need to be a particularly good concept!

*A love of writing, willingness to participate heavily in the forums, a love of sandbox-driven gameplay with an overarching story, and a willingness to speak up and offer constructive indication on what you would like to see more & less of as we go along.

Looking forward to meeting some new people guys, head on over to the site and take a look!

empireinblood.forumstech.com

Cheers,

-LK

Downloads
    Uploads
    could you post a link to some of your game session logs so we could see what your games are like?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there. I've never played a play by post game, but I'm really interested in trying it out. A few years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to DnD4e, which is the only system I have ever played. I'm a working professional and find it hard to meet a group on a regular basis, so I figured that a PBP would be a good way to get my gaming kick. I'm always looking forward to trying something new and your campaign sounds great. I would love to see some of your posts and what your adventurers have been up to as of late. As for a character:

A half-elf, runic wizards (the runes are tattooed on the body for quick use), who has been sent by the head of his order to recruit others to prepare for a war against another order of wizards near their homeland. As an abandoned half-elf (sorry for the stereotype), Haplo was raised by the order of the rune wizards, doing menial tasks in the tower of sorcery, till he was able to become an apprentice. He is now a young apprentice, by well liked by his order, hence he was sent out to recruit new, aspiring wizards (or, depending on level, an experienced wizard). He is quite, and does not say much, but is very observent of the happenings around him, keeping a close watch for any potential advantage to further his order of wizardry, or himself as a wielder of magic.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Hope you like the character concept. Have a great night and good luck finding your 4th, and 5th player.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK now that I've read some of the minisix and warhammer stuff I have an Idea for a character, it’s kind of odd I think.
    A banished Ogre healer/nature mage, Banished from his tribe for being weak and good. He prefers to heal and grow natural things instead of killing and pillaging like his breathern. The Ogre would be physically weaker than other Ogres and slightly smaller too. Being an Ogre people of course react rather badly to him at first though after getting to know him they find a gentle soul that just wants to tend the plants and travel the land helping people. That being said he does have the rage of an ogre, harm those he cares about and you'll feel the awesome might of his magic.