Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Horror Games

lucywinglet Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:

Horror Games

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello guys,Do you like to play Horror Games?
    I like to play horror games so much.I wanna to play some horror games,Kindly suggest me some good horror games.
    Last edited by lucywinglet; 10-26-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi lucywinglet,

Check out New World of Darkness: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofda...ld_of_Darkness

The link there will take you to a wiki that focuses on the New World of Darkness setting, themes and universe.

It is a P'n'P game which offers various types of horror gaming. Personal, Gothic, Savage, Occult, Ethereal and many other types of horror gaming can be played out through the game.

My particular favourites include Hunter: The Vigil, Promethean: The Created and Werewolf: The Forsaken. Hunter: The Vigil offers the most cohesive, accessible template to play as. You play as characters who hunt the creatures that go bump in the night, usually because the creatures hurt the hunters in some way. The way the Hunter characters go about this vary depending upon their skills, the resources they can bring to bear and if they are hunting alone, in a small group (Cell), are involved in a larger association of fellow Hunters (Compact) or are part of a vast, well-financed and resourced network of Hunters who span the globe (Conspiracy). Interestingly, the various thresholds of play change how you play the game, with Conspiracies offering Hunters access to weapons, rituals, relics and other items and equipment of varying supernatural potency, which provide a way to even out the odds with the supernatural beings that they hunt.

For reference: a Cell can be like Buffy's vampire hunting group from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a Compact can work like the Fellowship of the Sun from the True Blood series and a Conspiracy works like a top-secret, Area-51, black-ops styled organisation.

I strongly recommend you play the New World of Darkness. In particular, I recommend your first game be either played as a Mortal character (mundane Humans) who are very relatable and are newbie-friendly or as Hunters (Human characters who lives revolve around hunting the supernatural) who are still somewhat relatable and only slightly more difficult for newbies to play as. Both these games strongly encourage teamwork as your characters are vulnerable out there in the World of Darkness which host numerous supernatural dangers and foes which means the deck stacked is stacked against your troupe from the start and allows your players to immediately get into the game.

I am thinking of starting a short series of Skype-based New World of Darkness games alongside my plans to create a NWOD London group. If you are interested in being a part of either, just PM me.

NWOD London: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...443#post177443

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like to play horror games and have not played so many horror games. But now i want to play these type of games. Please some one suggest me some good horror games.