Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WotC has begun deleting old website articles (3.x and previous...)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool WotC has begun deleting old website articles (3.x and previous...)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    in response to this, i have organized my collection of the wotc website, which i have been saving page by page (3.x and previous stuff only) since 2001 or so, into an archive for preservation.

this archive is the entire website and archives, with very few exceptions. also included are the dragondex collection from aeolia.net and the darksun collection from athas.org plus a number of character sheet collections gathered up along the way.
    now in torrent form. here is the link for everyone to take advantage of: http://tinyurl.com/7z34ycj !
    Last edited by nijineko; 11-09-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks nijineko. Your efforts are appreciated.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you are most welcome.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Downloading now, all 2.2 GB of it. Thanks nijineko

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again nijineko for the update as well as the link.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    everyone is most welcome. it is my hope that all d&d users will find this of use.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes known as the nijineko's archive, it contains a copy of most everything that wotc has put up on the website relating to 3.x.

there are no d&d books in this archive, save for those the archivist (that's me) have been explicitly granted permission to include.

now available in torrent form.

find it here: http://tinyurl.com/7z34ycj .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm having some trouble getting it started.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    heh, so am i. i think i have an idea of what i need to do to get around it, but i need some people to help me test it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would some of you be so kind as to reseed the archive? I will gladly seed this file permanently since my ISP has no limitations on uploading. I am an old school gamer and have been playing a campaign for the last 10 years in the 3.0 ed rules. It's getting harder and harder to find answers to specific questions when playing an older rule set. I don't mind 3.5, but personally I like 3.0 better. What a huge relief it was to find out that Nijineko saved this material for everyone in the world! I seriously couldn't thank you enough for doing so! I attempted my own archiving back in 2006 but lost all my hard work after a drive failure. Anyway, it would be an honor for me to be part of the preservation even if it is in just a small way by keeping this alive and seeded.

Thanks in advance for anybody who can help!
    Stevrick

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    happy to help, but it is going to have to wait a few weeks before i can try to setup the torrent again.

since i play psionics, i prefer the 3.5 material myself. however, my policy is to allow all 3.x with precedence given to 3.5 over 3.0, unless there is a good reason, or nice backstory to justify using the previous material over the more recent. (i'm looking at order of the bow initiate, and tempest, among others...) anyhow, the archive is all 3.x official material.

feel free to use the site to email and/or pm to remind me. i'm going through a relocation and it might slip my mind with everything that is going on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, well thank you! I've been fortunate to have found a seeder from Singapore and I am currently at 45% but it has taken two days to get to that. At the current rate of a few kB/s it will take 1-2 weeks to complete. I'm happy to know I will eventually get the archive...since this material is extremely precious to me (insert creepy gollum voice).

Wotc is so dumb, I would have gladly paid to get this material but the fact that it is just deleted without concern for people like myself and others who might still be using the older rules, is just rude. Although it might make good business sense to to try and force people into the newer product lines, it actually alienates the lifelong customer like me and my gaming partner who were thrilled when 3.0 came out. One of these days I am going to have to check out eBay and try and get the remaining core books that I don't have before those to vanish forever.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what are you missing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well When we first started we just had the 3 Core Rulebooks, but as time went on we collected all of the Class Guidebooks especially since we would sometimes run into questions with specific class capabilities. In our current campaign we each play 4-6 characters, so there is a lot to remember with specifics for each. We are only able to meet up for a 'D'-weekend 3-4 times per year...and that does not make for good recall of all the nuances and rules. We find ourselves sometimes spending a good 15-20 minutes rehashing a house-rule or figuring out some capability we forgot. In our last meet-up we had some fairly large battles taking place in our storyline and needed to turn to 'The Quintessential Fighter' book for some way of running an Open Mass Combat attack. We were lucky to find a PDF so that we could print up just the relevant section. If we hadn't done that, the siege of this town would have taken us weeks! lol

Anyway, from this D&D wiki they list 23 or so 'Core Books.' Here is a list of the ones I have, need and would like to get, as well as a few I might someday like to have but are not that important.

Core Books
    (According to: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wizards_of_the_Coast)

Already Owned:
    (Primary)
    Player's Handbook
    Dungeon Master's Guide
    Monster Manual
    (Secondary)
    Defenders of the Faith (Cleric/Paladin)
    Sword and Fist (Fighter/Monk)
    Tome and Blood (Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Song and Silence (Bard/Rogue)
    Masters of the Wild (Barbarian/Druid/Ranger)

Will Definitly NEED:
    Monster Manual II
    Fiend Folio
    Arms and Equipment Guide
    Stronghold Builder's Guidebook

Would Like to Get:
    Savage Species
    Psionics Handbook
    Book of Challenges
    Book of Vile Darkness
    Deities and Demigods
    Enemies and Allies

Someday (maybe):
    Oriental Adventures
    Epic Level Handbook
    Manual of the Planes
    Hero Builder's Guidebook

Not Needed:
    D&D Adventure Game (Boxed Intro Set/Board game)

...I didn't even know they came out with a 3.0 Boxed set for newbies!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the book of vile darkness... bleh. i cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone. both it and the book of exalted deeds are very poorly written, imo, and are not worth it.

as far a list goes, you may find this one useful. anything published before savage species is 3.0, anything after is 3.5. savage species is really a hybrid 3.0/3.5 book, but it is definitely the last 3.0 content.

i occasionally find those books on amazon or other bookseller sites. i have all the ones you mentioned except for fiend folio and the bovd, of course. i love the stronghold builders guidebook. so much fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast