Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Greetings all

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Greetings all

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi, I'm new needless to say but oh well :P. I prefer playing world of darkness games I'm especially fond of the Vampire games (either masquerade or requiem I'm not so picky though I'm more accustomed to masquerade) I have recently grown attached to Promethean the Created and I hope to find a group to play with that is both laid back but not to care free with the rules. I'm also a Star wars RPG fan. I'm hoping to find a small group to play with maybe 3 players or less not including the storyteller. I'm not interested in games where everybody pretty much starts at a "god-mode" level I like to build up my character though I would like to condition my character enough to where he or she isn't a waste of space at the start of the game. I'm hoping to find fellow players in Spring, Tomball or the Woodlands areas of Texas. I don't like the werewolf games so if someone is looking for someone to play that game I'm sorry I'm not the player for you. I'm also willing to play via online on IM's via yahoo (I don't do forum play) as long as somebody can walk me through how I go about doing that. I DO NOT DO LARP! On a lesser note I'm willing to play almost any game if it involves the supernatural to some degree unless it's star wars (I love playing a scoundrel )

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain_Spider_08 View Post
    Hi, I'm new needless to say but oh well :P. I prefer playing world of darkness games I'm especially fond of the Vampire games (either masquerade or requiem I'm not so picky though I'm more accustomed to masquerade)

I played Masquerade and Dark Ages quite a bit, but could never get into Requiem.

I DO NOT DO LARP!
    I thought that LARPing killed Masquerade.
    Last edited by Ed Zachary; 05-09-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    I played Masquerade and Dark Ages quite a bit, but could never get into Requiem.
    I never had the chance to play dark ages and it took me quite a while to welcome Requiem into my life since Vtm was the first rpg I got into. Most of the people I've met that loved masquerade either refused to get into requiem (they thought requiem would ruin masquerade for them or that it would just not be the same) I do love VtM but at the same time I love all the options in Requiem bloodline wise.

I thought that LARPing killed Masquerade.
    I just thought people that LARPed looked ridiculous when me and my ex (was then my boyfriend) went into a store we frequented. I'm sorry to anybody this may offend but when I see some greasy 24 year old who looks like he has the strength rivaling a butterfly pretending to be some overpowered pretty much in "god mode" character makes me laugh. I remember looking dead at my friend who was also with me and said (I was new to pen and paper games) "No matter how cool the game is... If I have to get in front of people and "act" like my character I am NOT doing it" :P

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    I had just about every Masquerade and Dark Ages book out, plus some of the updates. Playing what was basically the same game with a whole different past just didn't make sense to me. And as some of our group moved away, others wanted to try LARPing.

I met once or twice with three different LARP groups, and they were pretty much similar to your experience. I had just about nothing in common with them, and I did not want to be seen in public with them.

And there were the Camarilla LARP groupies... they played in about ten games per week and racked up game points. I don't know if they dressed up, or if real life was dress up for them. My Camarilla membership was from mid 1997, but didn't have many points. It stunk going into a game where every other character was infinitely more powerful then you were. It was like role playing roach with a broken leg on the kitchen floor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hated it in VtM when people would have a character with disciplines that aren't even close to being in their clan and they wouldn't give me a good reason "why" (It was one of my first attempts at being storyteller) One girl just looked at me and said, "well, she's the strongest vampire in the world so nyeh" and stuck her tongue out at me. I don't mind if some characters have disciplines not native to their clan just give me a good reason... like a mentor diablerie something!!! It was especially infuriating when some complete and total noob (hadn't even read the main book) makes some character that isn't even remotely covered (clan wise or anything else) in the game. Then they'd freak out when I'd say "No... you have to pic a legitimate clan or just go caintiff I don't allow making your own "true clan" and making up your own disciplines". I'm not against making the game fun but I'm just not the kind of person that feels like dealing with a REALLY made up character in which the book proves useless. I swear if I hear one more person make a character named "Lestat" I'm going to loose my mind... or Dracula for that matter. The chances of me ever being a storyteller again (unless it's games with close friends that have respect for the game itself) are slim to none...
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    There could always be a valid reason to pick Auspex or Obfuscation, or Celerity, Fortitude or Potence.

But a Ventrue who selected Vicissitude, or a Gangrel who selected Obtenebration would be suspect to me... without a good explanation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yah, that's what I mean... he wanted to have a Brujah with Dominate, Thaumatergy, Serpentis, Necromancy, Quietus and Obtenebration... which is just over kill, especially for a newly embraced... Don't get me wrong, at a point of time I had an elder gangrel who managed to learn Serpentis for a price but at least it was remotely understandable and I had a good reason history wise for it.
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    I believe that the three initial disciplines must be clan disciplines, but they can buy two more of any (within reason, or with justification) of any other discipline.

As a player my pet peeve was that I hated the path of humanity, I always wanted to follow an alternate path of enlightenment. In a civilized manner of course. I have to be nice to stupid people every friggin' day of my life, I don't want to have to role play that too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first initiation to the world of darkness vampire games was horrific..

I was very hesitant... It didn't sound like my kind of game at all
    They finally convinced me to play AFTER the game was well on the way.
    and I made a gangrel. I put a lot of detail in the history and personality of the pre-embraced person, and then a little more as a newly embraced vampire. The Gm hooked me up with the players and we began the game.

At first it wasn't bad... One short fight, Not too bad. The GM was a little more descriptive then I'd like. But then WHAM... Suddenly all these vampires all around me are gutting people and stringing people up by the entrails, and blood and gore poured into the living room. They were very Graphic.

Needless to say.. I packed up my stuff, Thanked them for letting me play and didn't touch Vampire again for YEARS...

Finally a friend got me to try again. I did play.. its not too bad. But its not my kind of game.
    <laughs>

But I loved Changeling.. (after some major modifications)

and Yes.. I do warp every system I play in..

Ezrandi

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezrandi View Post
    But then WHAM... Suddenly all these vampires all around me are gutting people and stringing people up by the entrails, and blood and gore poured into the living room. They were very Graphic.
    You could have players dong that in almost any game. I've played Vampire quite a bit, and we were never close to that graphic. Those players could've also been like that in D&D, Star wars, or any other game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could have players dong that in almost any game. I've played Vampire quite a bit, and we were never close to that graphic. Those players could've also been like that in D&D, Star wars, or any other game.

agreed.. It could have happened anywhere.

It just took me a long time to find my way back into Vampire after that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never got into changeling... I read a little about it but the whole fae thing made my inner tomboy go "Bleh". Though I did like the satyrs :shrugs: the fans of changeling that I met REALLY put me off of it... they seemed to be nothing but girls with pixie tattoos with as many different "true colors" in their hair (pink, blue, lavender, ect) that they could put in. Not to mention the clothing they wore looked like things that only could fit in with a renaissance fair; I was embarressed to be seen talking with them. Please nobody take offense to what I said, it was just my experience, I'm sure that there are many fans of changeling that aren't like that. Nonetheless I'm willing to look thru the upcoming changeling: the lost to see what it's like. I never got into Mage: the ascension due to how the fans of that game I had met seemed to treat me. At that time most of the mage fans were very smart but lacking in social graces at that's putting it mildly. If I so much as suggested that something in the game didn't connect it was time for me to get out a chair and a whip. Not that some of the fans of vampire: the masquerade weren't odd in their own way nor in werewolf the apocalypse (who oddly enough welcomed me with open arms till I told them I liked vampire better D: ) So I can understand being put off of a game due to how some of the gamers you meet act Ezrandi. I only wish I could find some people on this site that lived near me that liked Promethean and Scion T.T

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never got into changeling... I read a little about it but the whole fae thing made my inner tomboy go "Bleh". Though I did like the satyrs :shrugs: the fans of changeling that I met REALLY put me off of it... they seemed to be nothing but girls with pixie tattoos with as many different "true colors" in their hair (pink, blue, lavender, ect) that they could put in. Not to mention the clothing they wore looked like things that only could fit in with a renaissance fair; I was embarressed to be seen talking with them. Please nobody take offense to what I said, it was just my experience, I'm sure that there are many fans of changeling that aren't like that.
    LOL and No offense taken.

I Loved the potential that the system had.. Dual lives, Fantasy super-imposed over reality. Kinda like Neverwhere.

WAY too many people liked the pooka for my tastes.. and The design on the boggins was.. Pleh! Who'd play a character class In a fantasy rpg that is designed to be a servent.. /shrug. And where I loved the nockers, I hate clowns..

Did I mention I revised it.. lol... The potential was great.. but I wanted each race to be something someone would like to play.

Nonetheless I'm willing to look thru the upcoming changeling: the lost to see what it's like.
    They've redone it? I thought they fired everyone and canceled the whole deal?

I never got into Mage: the ascension due to how the fans of that game I had met seemed to treat me. At that time most of the mage fans were very smart but lacking in social graces at that's putting it mildly. If I so much as suggested that something in the game didn't connect it was time for me to get out a chair and a whip.
    Lol,
    I didn't care for Mage either.. although I also never really sat down and played it. Just glanced through a couple of books

Not that some of the fans of vampire: the masquerade weren't odd in their own way nor in werewolf the apocalypse (who oddly enough welcomed me with open arms till I told them I liked vampire better D: ) So I can understand being put off of a game due to how some of the gamers you meet act Ezrandi. I only wish I could find some people on this site that lived near me that liked Promethean and Scion T.T
    I liked the Werewolf system also.. That is the other WOD I played.
    We also tried to run a mixed game a couple of times.. Oh the headache!

I can't believe how much I've missed talking to people about gaming..

laugh.

Ezrandi

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol me too... it's nice to talk with fellow gamers even if they don't play the same games I do... and yeah I think they're bringing it back it's scheduled for release in late august.... after my b-day T.T it would have been nice to get a game book for my 21st birthday even if it's not one I might not get into.