Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 4e
Style: Not Specified
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Decatur
State: GA
Zip Code / Postal Code: 30033
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Thread: 4e game starting in Atlanta / Decatur, GA.

Downloads
    Uploads

4e game starting in Atlanta / Decatur, GA.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am looking to get a 4e group together. My GF and I are moving out of the apartment into a house May 1st and want to start a game soon after. We are going to be moving into Decatur...Most likely NE/Scottdale area.

I am an easy going guy, work an 8-5 job (9:30-6:30 actually.)

I have been playing RPGs for 25+ years. Played with the same group for most of that time. I moved to Atlanta about a year ago.

I want to give 4e a shot and have been wanting to DM for quite a while now. I know there are alot of great games out there but D&D is my passion at this point.

I am looking for 3-5 players that are honest, respectful and want to PLAY. I would like to play most every week maybe on Friday nights...But will see.

My GF has offered to prepare some great snackage (she makes some kick ass guacamole, humus, tater skins, etc...) I am slowly getting her into gaming and she may join us eventually.

I have 3 rules:
    1) Everyone will have respect for others and their property.
    2) There will be no arguing. There is nothing wrong with having a discussion but there will be no arguing or fighting.
    3) HAVE FUN!! If we are not having fun then we are not doing something right.
    Last edited by Vorin; 04-06-2009 at 07:41 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to join your group on Fridays for D&D 4e.
    I have all the current player books(Love the new classes/races in PHB 2)
    Love the defender classes (Paladins/Wardens) but if role have been filled can do controller or strikers(Druid/Invoker FTW and Sorcerer)
    Might can recruit 2 more players that play strikers from a previous game I've played.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey red, sounds good.

Like I said, we will be starting up the game in May.

Would like to get together before then and just have an informal meet and greet.

I have one other player lined up. Not sure what he is wanting to play. Also my GF will be joining the game at some point when she feels comfortable enough.

As far as the defender spot being filled...PLAY WHAT YOU LOVE. As the DM it is my job to adjust to the group at hand.

We are heading out to the woods to get some much needed R&R this weekend and will be back Sunday night.

V

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an old friend that lives out in Woodstock. He keeps pressuring me to move out there promising me a guaranteed great job. If i do end up making the move, i will definitely send you a PM, Vorin.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just Let me know when you want to do the meet and greet and I can corral the others and will meet you there. Like I mentioned Friday is best day to get me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey I live in sandy springs and i would love to join in this game if possible thank you... let me know what i need to do thanks have a good one

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeBop View Post
    Hey I live in sandy springs and i would love to join in this game if possible thank you... let me know what i need to do thanks have a good one
    PM sent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vorin,

I've been itching to get back into the game and try out 4E (already have all the current books). I'm in the Grant Park/East Atlanta Area, would like to join you if you have room still. Also I have a closet full of minis we could use if needed.

-Guido

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido-LoP View Post
    Vorin,

I've been itching to get back into the game and try out 4E (already have all the current books). I'm in the Grant Park/East Atlanta Area, would like to join you if you have room still. Also I have a closet full of minis we could use if needed.

-Guido

PM sent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Vorin,

Your timing is great, I'd love to learn more about the group you're building, especially if you're putting a meet and greet together before starting to play.

Sounds like you've gotten a lot of interest so far, but if you're after another gregarious-type to add to the group, I'd love to join in!

I love down south in Peachtree City but work at Georgia Tech so getting over to your area shouldn't be a great hassle.

Drop me a PM when you get a chance, and looking forward to it!
    Versathes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Versathes View Post
    Hey Vorin,

Your timing is great, I'd love to learn more about the group you're building, especially if you're putting a meet and greet together before starting to play.

Sounds like you've gotten a lot of interest so far, but if you're after another gregarious-type to add to the group, I'd love to join in!

I love down south in Peachtree City but work at Georgia Tech so getting over to your area shouldn't be a great hassle.

Drop me a PM when you get a chance, and looking forward to it!
    Versathes

PM sent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I'll be moving to Atlanta mid May and would like to join. I've played D&D 3.5 for a few years and have been playing 4.0 since it came out. I'd love to join a game in Atlanta. I'm glad to see that the GM and potential members seem like good people.

Please send a PM to let me know how the plans are going, it looks like there may be more than the 4 recommended players already signing up. I should be available for a meet and greet after May 12th.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, looks like we have our group...And it is shaping up to be a good one.

I will post again if another spot opens up.

V

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is an older post, but you still got a thing going? I'm in need of a group.